What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Behind a paywall. However,
I was able to find it on Twitter for free.
In essence the MWC is playing hardball and wants lots of $$$ from SDSU.

You have to wonder why the MWC is being a bunch of dicks. It benefits no one.

It makes me wonder what qualifications it takes to be a conference commissioner in today's world. If there are lawsuits it just gets really messy.

i am sure the mwc made sure to send it certified male. that is better than a blood oath and a pinky swear.

Country Music Praise God GIF by CMA Awards

Behind a paywall. However,
I was able to find it on Twitter for free.
In essence the MWC is playing hardball and wants lots of $$$ from SDSU.

The MWC is going to decide at their board meeting on… July 17th?!?

Well played Aztecs, looks like they got that extension after all.

As a parent of an incoming freshman, I agree, it is.
Funny thing is, my daughter didn’t give a rat’s ass about rankings. She looked at the campuses to see which one she would like the best. (I was the one stressed about rankings). But as I look at where she’s at now, it’s frustrating (to me) that it’s ranked so low, it the campus is gorgeous, the facilities are amazing, the town is awesome, and her education is on par. Plus, awesome athletics to root for. Yet I still can’t figure out why it’s ranked so much lower than some others.

"[T]his letter is to formally notice that San Diego State University intends to resign from the Mountain West Conference." LMFAO.

Funny thing is, my daughter didn’t give a rat’s ass about rankings. She looked at the campuses to see which one she would like the best. (I was the one stressed about rankings). But as I look at where she’s at now, it’s frustrating (to me) that it’s ranked so low, it the campus is gorgeous, the facilities are amazing, the town is awesome, and her education is on par. Plus, awesome athletics to root for. Yet I still can’t figure out why it’s ranked so much lower than some others.
Prejudice against the south on the part of the elites explains a good deal of it.

"[T]his letter is to formally notice that San Diego State University intends to resign from the Mountain West Conference." LMFAO.
SDSU trying to celebrate the Pac-12’s independence from a media deal. They’re one of us! F your GORs. Sign over our media rights? F that. This is America and we’ll keep our media rights free from tyranny.

Sure sounds like you're describing JMU (James Madison.)
That's where my youngest goes, he absolutely loves it and we love going to visit him (when it's not for taking him to doctors to save his eye - thank God that's over.)
Harrisonburg, VA is a great little town.

MWC is trying to keep SDSU or at least make max dollars from them leaving. I don't think I've seen a conference come this hard at this type of situation. AAC and others have simply collected their money and amicably wished well to the departing member(s).

Makes me wonder if losing SDSU is catastrophic for the MWC and future value.

Also makes me wonder if the P12 should take FSU and BSU along with adding SDSU and SMU to go to 14 and break the MWC - forcing them to either merge with AAC or add FCS members from big sky country.

MWC is trying to keep SDSU or at least make max dollars from them leaving. I don't think I've seen a conference come this hard at this type of situation. AAC and others have simply collected their money and amicably wished well to the departing member(s).

Also makes me wonder if the P12 should take FSU and BSU along with adding SDSU and SMU to go to 14 and break the MWC - forcing them to either merge with AAC or add FCS members from big sky country.
There's no way all four of those are each independently worth $32+ million to a PAC TV contract, which is what they all need to be in order to add value to the PAC (assuming we won't sign any deal worth less than the Big XII's).

Breaking the MWC should not be an objective of the PAC12. They should be working to get a media deal on par or better than the B12. We make fun of the B12 adding 4 G5 schools and then think it is good for the PAC.

The problem is lack of money and I don't believe adding those 4 schools would provide more money to CU.

Help me understand the benefit to the Pac12 of “breaking” the MWC. No snark, I’m just not seeing why that would be a goal of this conference.

Rick Neuheisel said today on Full Ride he is hearing concerning things out west for the PAC-12 regarding
2 PAC-12 adds to the Big 12.

Rick still has quite a few connections so I take stock in this.

Back