What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Five more hours until:

End Of The World Mind Blown GIF by Daybreak
You got tickets to Oppenheimer?

Irony:

CU is moving from the P12 to the B12, in part, because supposedly B12 will broadcast on more linear channels. Yet in order to watch a bunch of CU's games I'll have to subscribe to ESPN+ another streaming service.
If Coach Prime is still here, most of CU’s games will be on tv.

They also left because the Pac 12 has been unable to secure a media rights deal comparable to the Big 12 and Oregon and Washington will obviously bolt for the Big 10 as soon as asked, so it’s not stable.

As an ISU fan... You guys are boned in basketball, though. Have fun with UCF at the bottom for a couple years. It's not that I think your team is bad, but I think you're in for a rude awakening.

Didn't y'all go winless in conference pretty recently?

If we'll be in the basement, you'll be there with us.

Typically each Big XII school has had 1 conference game on ESPN+ each year for football. Non conference depends on your schedule. Basketball is usually 2 conference games.

31mm7s.png

Welcome back, boys. Personally, I'm excited for the new Big XII and think it will be a fun league. Everyone seems united and there's no Texas to throw their weight around and try to appease. I worry about adding a school like Oregon of Washington because they might **** that up, but I'm optimistic that the Big XII may realize that doesn't work.

Now that one domino is falling I think Arizona, Oregon, and Washington come as well. I don't believe the Pac has any kind of acceptable deal and it's time to get off the boat. I don't have anything against ASU, but Utah can eat a satchel of Richards. Not gonna lie, before OuT left, I thought that the Big XII could have poached the 4 corner schools due to Pac 12 mismanagement. Glad it might work out anyway. As an ISU fan, I'm not used to having a positive seat in realignment.

Makes me laugh as well that some Pac shills (Tony Altimore) are so mad at the Big XII. He said any Pac school needs to immediately cancel any athletic/academic ventures with CU or Big XII schools, and make it clear defectors will be punished. He does realize this is the BIG and USCLA's fault, right? The delusion is mind blowing.

I'm not as high on Coach Prime as you guys are, but we'll see what happens. You guys are boned in basketball, though. Have fun with UCF at the bottom for a couple years. It's not that I think your team is bad, but I think you're in for a rude awakening.
How's the cross-country in the Big XII? Water polo? This conference sucks.

While the majority of the Big 12 will be relegated to ESPN+ for most games, FOX and ESPN will have the choice to put CU on a better option. I would bet CU is on FOX, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or FS1 for 9 or 10 games in 2024
200w.gif

Using the term majority is simply not true.

Last edited:
Who out there would realistically be a "Trade Up"? ND but they would not go to the PAC12.

And who wants to commit to a conference with no media deal? Only someone who is desperate. If they can solve it all with a conference call they should of done it months ago.
I mean, we're desperate, and we desperately wanted to stay in conference. If they couldn't keep CU, who can they attract? I acknowledge that I'm only echoing your point.

I keep repeating myself but the PAC 12 was dead the minute it failed to get OU and Texas. After that they were essentially check mate.

LS and the presidents missed a huge opportunity to secure the Pac's spot as the premier western conference and be right up there on par with the B1G and SEC.

Another missed opportunity was not partnering with Fox or ESPN on the Pac12 Network.
That likely would have at least saved the conference and prevented the P12N from becoming a national punchline.

Hmmm Where these guys going

If the ACC blows up (and a lot would need to happen for that to occur), look for the Big 12 to take four from the PAC and four from the ACC to get to 20. B1G and SEC would also poach and will be similarly sized, and that’s your power 3 conferences.

Pro: I don't see anyone out-recruiting Prime in the current B12, we have a full-share linear deal
Con: MBB is going to take a step back
oh and **** Bailor, **** U$C, FUCLA, and **** BYU
We Comin'

Back