What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Still wondering how they plan to get out of that GOR...
8 votes by schools who are convinced there's something better. "Something better" could be B1G, SEC, or XII

All these schools would be seemingly attractive to something better:

Notre Dame
UNC
UVA
FSU
Clemson
Miami
NC State
Louisville
Syracuse

Maybe:
Duke
Pitt
VT
GT

Don't see it:
Wake
BC

Only way out is to get 7 schools to vote to dissolve.

FSU
Clemson
VT
UNC
Miami, maybe...

Still 2 short.
With 14 schools in the conference I thought it needed 8 votes to dissolve? I would say UVA and Georgia Tech are strong possibilities and would be coveted by one of those conferences. If 7, that's it, if 8 there would need to be one more that is assured an invite.

However, do they all need B1G or SEC invites? Their payouts are like $17m/year from ESPN right now. Yeah the top programs probably have standing invites to the P2, but what if Pitt and Louisville, for example, get an offer from the Big 12? It would align Pitt with WVU and add another great MBB program and give the ACC enough votes to dissolve.

Of course, this kind of scenario would essentially be the Big 12, B1G and SEC making the decision to all go to like 20 teams each and reshaping the landscape into a P3 setup.

14 is indeed perfect for football scheduling if you go to an 8-game conference schedule.

Each team has 3 teams they play every year. Then, you play half of the other 10 each year so you're at least playing everyone twice out of every 4 years. (New ACC scheduling model.)

You can accomplish the same with a 16-team conference, but it requires a 9-game conference schedule.

With 14 schools in the conference I thought it needed 8 votes to dissolve? I would say UVA and Georgia Tech are strong possibilities and would be coveted by one of those conferences. If 7, that's it, if 8 there would need to be one more that is assured an invite.

However, do they all need B1G or SEC invites? Their payouts are like $17m/year from ESPN right now. Yeah the top programs probably have standing invites to the P2, but what if Pitt and Louisville, for example, get an offer from the Big 12? It would align Pitt with WVU and add another great MBB program and give the ACC enough votes to dissolve.

Of course, this kind of scenario would essentially be the Big 12, B1G and SEC making the decision to all go to like 20 teams each and reshaping the landscape into a P3 setup.
In that scenario you basically need the 3 conferences and both networks need to be fully on the same page

In that scenario you basically need the 3 conferences and both networks need to be fully on the same page
Which is where this all needs to be heading... and hopefully is... Conferences working together with the networks to all pull in the same direction is a start to fixing the sport. SEC and B1G would still be a clear P2 for football in this scenario, though, but maybe that's part of Yormark's pitch to the B1G and SEC... You both are the top dogs in football, we're the top dog in hoops, let's divvy up the remainder of the Pac and ACC.

14 is indeed perfect for football scheduling if you go to an 8-game conference schedule.

Each team has 3 teams they play every year. Then, you play half of the other 10 each year so you're at least playing everyone twice out of every 4 years. (New ACC scheduling model.)

You can accomplish the same with a 16-team conference, but it requires a 9-game conference schedule.
playing an 8 game conf sched would be pretty appealing. It would justify us looking at doing an annual matchup with knu

This has been quite a roller coaster ride. And I wonder if that Minnesota guy on youtube is the same guy below.

Scared Roller Coaster GIF

I mean, the odds are definitely in your favor on this, but there shouldn't be anything definitive being said about realignment at this point... Except for the ACC GOR. That **** is iron clad until someone can point to anything that suggests there might be a way out of it.
Quiet man, this is our chance!

What would you all think if the last three to the BIG12 were Arizona, Oregon and Washington ?
That would make me feel a ton better about this move.

That said I have no faith that B12 is going to get UofO or UW, but stranger things have happened and they don't seem to have a lot of options (i.e. B1G has made it clear they aren't getting an invite, P12 expansion is a tough proposition with SDSU stepping on their own dick and up for a $34M exit fee to the MWC if they were to join, no real obvious candidates after that).

But the fallout would be probably Stanford going Independent, and then what happens to UU, OSU, WSU, Cal, and ASU?

Would be pretty hilarious if UU joined the Pac12, kicked all sorts of ass including winning the last 2 (potentially 3) P12 titles, and then ended up back in the MWC.

Oregon and Washington are not joining. You can etch that statement in stone.
I was in agreement with this till I saw something this a.m.
Still think it's more likely not happening but lets just say Washington and Oregon may have overplayed their hand with the BIG10.

I was in agreement with this till I saw something this a.m.
Still think it's more likely not happening but lets just say Washington and Oregon may have overplayed their hand with the BIG10.
Imagine the UO UW alumni reaction to joining the B12 while they’re holding out hope for the B1G. It would be ugly.

Yes but…. Those contributions are not going to fill the gap of a good TV deal vs what the Pac was going to get.

I didn't say they would. I am happy we're going to the XII, especially since USC and UCLA bolted and I won't be able to see the Buffs in LA anyway. It's a much better opportunity for us financially and athletically. But it's no coincidence that whenever RG needs money the first places he hits up are usually Newport Beach and Manhattan Beach.

Back