What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

sad season 4 GIF by Black Sails

So all you folks lamenting the loss of P12 culture now have a lifeline. Roadies to Corvallis, Pullman, Tempe, Tucson and SLC. Cultural fit out the Wazzu. Of course, you don't get the Bay Area or L.A., but L.A. already dumped you. But hurrah for the best of both worlds. A stable conference (for now), cash money on the table, truck stops, half of the previously mentioned cultural fit, more Mormons, a H-Town to boot.

It's good to be a Buff.

OSU, WSU, UU, BYU, UA, ASU
CU, KU, KSU, OSU, TTU, TCU
BU, UH, ISU, WVU, UC, UCF

Gross. These pods do not work nearly as well.

How about 9 team divisions?
7 games against your division + a home and home against the other?
Or just play every team in your division and a winner take all CCG. Might be kind of a cool set up, and in theory, we could see two undefeated teams face off in the CCG.

OSU, WSU, UU, BYU, UA, ASU
CU, KU, KSU, OSU, TTU, TCU
BU, UH, ISU, WVU, UC, UCF

Gross. These pods do not work nearly as well.

How about 9 team divisions?
7 games against your division + a home and home against the other?
KU/KSU suck, but a guaranteed game in Texas every year is good

Or just every team in your division and a winner take all CCG. Might be kind of a cool set up, and in theory, we could see two undefeated teams face off in the CCG.
You want to be able to sell recruits the ability to play a game in front of family and friends. So cutting ourselves off from the best recruiting grounds in the south/east every year would not be in our best interest

Crazy day. Just this morning the Pac 12 was surviving and a few hours later over half the league's remaining members have bolted.

You want to be able to sell recruits the ability to play a game in front of family and friends. So cutting ourselves off from the best recruiting grounds in the south/east every year would not be in our best interest
Nothing says we need to create divisions geographically…..but I get your point. Tricky problem to solve for sure.

Is this the same ESPN that declined to bid on Pac12 media rights, it now seem
Interested in most of the conference joining their media deal with the Big12? None of this makes sense to me anymore.

As a side note, this season in the PAC is going to be super awkward.
Especially since the lowly Colorado Buffaloes will stand as the final PAC12 Champs in recorded history

So it’s going to take 3 years for Oregon and Washington to make in the B1G what CU is making in the Big 12, and their deficit to Indiana and Rutgers is around $40m/year.

I guess a seat at the big table has some value but man, spending some years dominating the Big 12 sounds better than going 6-6 in the B1G

Is this the same ESPN that declined to bid on Pac12 media rights, it now seem
Interested in most of the conference joining their media deal with the Big12? None of this makes sense to me anymore.

As a side note, this season in the PAC is going to be super awkward.
Well, the Pac probably wanted something at least on par with the B12 deal, or 31 mill x 10= 310,000,000/yr. ESPN, theoretically, is getting west coast content made up of half the P12 for $162,000,000. (31.7 to CU and UA, 25 to UU, OSU, ASU and WSU). They aren't getting Cal, Stanford, UO or UW but nobody is watching them anyway so maybe they think getting late night CFB slots filled for $163M is good enough, who knows? Maybe there isn't any real qualitative difference which P12 team is playing late if it isn't SC or UCLA.

EDIT: And it is going to be weird in the P12. If CU was the last to go I was concerned we would see some favortism, but now with pretty much everybody going, we just have to deal with generalized crappy P-12 officiating.

Why would ESPN care when they didn’t care enough to bid on P12 but now they want OSU and WSU. I could maybe see a point if they want to throw Cal a lifeline to stay in California. Were they just thinking they could roll the dice and pick the P12 up on the cheap and didn’t think it would actually fall apart?

So it’s going to take 3 years for Oregon and Washington to make in the B1G what CU is making in the Big 12, and their deficit to Indiana and Rutgers is around $40m/year.

I guess a seat at the big table has some value but man, spending some years dominating the Big 12 sounds better than going 6-6 in the B1G
Would you prefer CU in the B1G with this deal?

Back