What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I've seen worse.

Not in the mood to mentally masturbate this in full at this moment, but I think the best model would be 6 divisions of 8 teams. Schedule would be the 7 teams in your division plus 1 team from each of the other 5 divisions (matchups determined by order of finish in your division the previous year). So we'd keep the 12-game schedule and then get a playoff.
Looks like he left out Kentucky, presumably by mistake. But otherwise, sure, sounds good. Would have to be some predetermined permanent rivals across divisions (OU and Texas in this example).

8 divisions of 8 teams works better. Better scheduling, better regionality. Easier set-up for CFP. Play 14 game regular season with 7 division games and one game against each of the other divisions. Still, just about anything is better than the mess we have now.

I've seen worse.

Not in the mood to mentally masturbate this in full at this moment, but I think the best model would be 6 divisions of 8 teams. Schedule would be the 7 teams in your division plus 1 team from each of the other 5 divisions (matchups determined by order of finish in your division the previous year). So we'd keep the 12-game schedule and then get a playoff.

TVs not interested. Thats a snoozer that fails to produce multiple big games weekly

The scheduling model would be the key in that scenario. Make it like the NFL where you play everyone in your division and then 3-4 others from other divisions and it would be good. The 8 & 8 model is probably best
Probably part of how we got here is teams doing their own scheduling and some putting three TV unfriendly body bag games at the front of the season. A model where someone else controls the scheduling could be good. Someone having to open their season with a rivalry game will be unhappy.

They’re getting 81% more per conference. Wow.
Assuming it’s split evenly

29% for the B1G (1.6% per school assuming equal distribution) and
29% for SEC (1.8% per school assuming equal distribution)
16% for Big 12 (1% per school assuming equal distribution)
16% for ACC (1.1% per school assuming equal distribution)
10% for ND and everybody else (split evenly across every other FBS program??)

Feels like a move to get ND into a conference and then change the revenue percentages even more in favor of those two.

R.I.P to the only sport I watch.

Talent that develops will be paid handsomely by the P2 to transfer.

At least there will be some stability of being in the Big 12 for 99 years.

I think even if CU was part of the P2 I would still be bummed with the direction CFB is heading.

R.I.P to the only sport I watch.

Talent that develops will be paid handsomely by the P2 to transfer.

At least there will be some stability of being in the Big 12 for 99 years.

I think even if CU was part of the P2 I would still be bummed with the direction CFB is heading.

Another option is be optimistic and say we make multiple playoffs over the next 5-7 years and are a first ballot selection for the SEC or B10 next round.

Sling was so awful. Was a nice extra kick in the nuts to be forced to watch advertisements on recordings

Sling was so awful. Was a nice extra kick in the nuts to be forced to watch advertisements on recordings
I was going to say you can log in to the Fox Sports app with your Sling credentials and watch the replay in 4K, but it’s saying that replay is not included in my package even though I watched it live on the app. 😡

I’m letting my FuboTV sub expire 3/24

I’m going to start with Hulu+ and see how that goes. Since we already have Disney/Hulu/ESPN+, it should be a healthy cost savings over Fubo.

This MWC champ game being on in a better time slot than the Pac12 game with the add running on the sideline that says "6 teams in the top 40 NET" is an object lesson in why the Pac 12 deserved to die.

I hope Larry Scott steps on a lego with bare feet.
Amd just saw "24-7 vs. PAC12 and WCC." 🤮

Back