What's new

CU players in the NFL

Buffsrock85

Mantrum Expert
Reactions: dio

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member

Tedric now the starter in Seattle. Woot!

That's 4 NFL starters in that 2016 secondary. Damn.
That makes 5 starters he has coached (Crawley, Awuzie, Witherspoon, Tedric, Oliver) and 2 more very recent starters (Brown and Smith). Then you look at the talent in the pipe... CU is making a very very strong case to be the new DBU.

DeNiro

My Dixie Wrecked
Club Member
That makes 5 starters he has coached (Crawley, Awuzie, Witherspoon, Tedric, Oliver) and 2 more currently playing (Brown and Smith). Then you look at the talent in the pipe... CU is making a very very strong case to be the new DBU.
Idon't think Jalil Brown is in a camp this year, I may have missed it tho.

dyemeduke

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/7/2/17506032/2018-los-angeles-rams-roster-preview-afolabi-laguda-needs-to-get-back-to-basics

Let's not sleep on Fo.

That makes 5 starters he has coached (Crawley, Awuzie, Witherspoon, Tedric, Oliver) and 2 more very recent starters (Brown and Smith). Then you look at the talent in the pipe... CU is making a very very strong case to be the new DBU.
https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/26/cb-marlon-humphrey-becoming-starter-would-end-teammates-remarkable-streak/

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2018/7/25/17608504/ravens-jimmy-smith-opens-up-about-four-game-suspension-injuries-achilles-tavon-young-marlon-humphrey

Why do you think Smith is not going to start anymore? I don't know...but the above article is the best I could find.

sliderNcider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
I'm a little surprised Tedris has done so well. He always struck me as a great college S without the athleticism to be an NFL DB

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I'm a little surprised Tedris has done so well. He always struck me as a great college S without the athleticism to be an NFL DB
I felt that way his senior year, but didn't think that his junior year. That shot he took in the UCLA game in 2015 damn near killed him and it wouldn't surprise me if it took some time until he was all the way himself again.

FLounder

The Buffs will rise again!
Club Member
Kenny Bell is the one exception. That dude has buffalo bones and a ****er skin. Incredibly sad story.

Edit: for those who don’t know, Kenny grew up in Colorado and was a huge CU fan growing up. D2 dan didn’t offer him, and what do you know, one moment your living in the Colorado, next moment your in ****braska. Sorry Ken!

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Kenny Bell is the one exception. That dude has buffalo bones and a ****er skin. Incredibly sad story.

Edit: for those who don’t know, Kenny grew up in Colorado and was a huge CU fan growing up. D2 dan didn’t offer him, and what do you know, one moment your living in the Colorado, next moment your in ****braska. Sorry Ken!
Offered him late. I talked to his dad at the time. He and other in-state guys were very frustrated with how Hawkins had handled CO recruiting and had serious concerns about the direction & stability of the program at the time. It just wasn't a situation they felt confident signing up for. It sucks, but they were right.