What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

Gonzalez isn’t a CU player anymore
Um. Nor are any players in the NFL… They are all former CU players, as is Gonzales.

And we now have no doubt that the players that transferred out, especially the starters group from 2021, absolutely saw (first hand) the horrific state of CU football and got the hell out, en masse. How can we not respect that?

In fact, those players leaving—arguably—proximately increased the pace of the circumstances which brought HCP here. Had CU held on for another season under Dorrell (which we might have with all those players still here), we would—likely—not have gotten HCP at all. In fact, this off season would be Dorrell’s, and we would be continuing to limp along the bottom 10 of CF, perhaps, in perpetuity.

So. I’m a fan of that group now and will root for all those former CU players (mostly).

Um. Nor are any players in the NFL… They are all former CU players, as is Gonzales.

And we now have no doubt that the players that transferred out, especially the starters group from 2021, absolutely saw (first hand) the horrific state of CU football and got the hell out, en masse. How can we not respect that?

In fact, those players leaving—arguably—proximately increased the pace of the circumstances which brought HCP here. Had CU held on for another season under Dorrell (which we might have with all those players still here), we would—likely—not have gotten HCP at all. In fact, this off season would be Dorrell’s, and we would be continuing to limp along the bottom 10 of CF, perhaps, in perpetuity.

So. I’m a fan of that group now and will root for all those former CU players (mostly).
Sorry, I’m not going to root for Blackmon, Gonzalez, or Rice

Sorry, I’m not going to root for Blackmon, Gonzalez, or Rice
You can root for whomever you like, but CU football failed those players (and many more), not the other way around.

I was upset when they left and vented at them on AB for weeks. But they were absolutely right about what was going on here. CU football was—literally—the worst P5 program in the country, maybe in all of CF.

Why should they have sacrificed their careers and short time playing football: A misplaced loyalty to our failed program? They might not have been the true canary in the coal mine, but their decisions were effectively a protest that was finally heard and acted on. Things were not going to improve until we took some serious steps forward after seeing just how horrible things had gotten.

You can root for whomever you like, but CU football failed those players (and many more), not the other way around.

I was upset when they left and vented at them on AB for weeks. But they were absolutely right about what was going on here. CU football was—literally—the worst P5 program in the country, maybe in all of CF.

Why should they have sacrificed their careers and short time playing football: A misplaced loyalty to our failed program? They might not have been the true canary in the coal mine, but their decisions were effectively a protest that was finally heard and acted on. Things were not going to improve until we took some serious steps forward after seeing just how horrible things had gotten.
Transferring within the conference leaves a bad taste. I know times have changed, but I don't think that's something I could have done. Rivalries seem to mean a lot less to players than they once did.

Transferring within the conference leaves a bad taste. I know times have changed, but I don't think that's something I could have done. Rivalries seem to mean a lot less to players than they once did.
I don't disagree with the underlying feeling of that re within-conference-transfers. I have to admit, though, that I've never really felt much of a rivalry with any PAC12 school. It's been so rare to win a PAC12 game (except 2016), that a player transferring from CU to USC seemed more like someone transferring from Vandy to Alabama.

Now, if someone transferred to the NUBS, THAT would leave a bad taste in my mouth. But an intra-PAC12 transfer? Meh.

Of course, this has become sort of moot now: we don't need to worry so much about transfers because we seriously need players to transfer out (and we've had the #1 transfer class). Weird world.

So, I'm very willing to forgive and forget as we have some real hope on the horizon. (Except for Dorrell and his standing stoic on the sidelines as we nosedived into being the worst team in CF.... I'll never get over that.... and I was a supporter of his... that's what leaves a bad taste for me.)

(The below is re Guy Thomas (or Nyon?)) -

Thomas has jumped up on my favs list. My mid-80s mom bumped in to him at the Y in Boulder today. She was in the free weights area and needed a bench. Thomas had set his phone down so my mom said “clear yo’ **** motha’ ****er!” She only learned his name when someone came up to congratulate him on his invite to Indy. Of course she starts a further conversation about her son the Buff fan. (Aw mom!) She said he was really gracious and humble.

Good luck, Guy!

Arias and catching the ball are words that don't go together.
That was my thought but he has been holding on to it. He had five targets but the two he didn't catch were thrown where Jerry Rice wouldn't have gotten to them.

He has been catching the ball well in camp and apparently they like his willingness to block.

Brady Russell scores a TD for the Eagles tonight.
I havent been this excited since Jeremy Bloom scored for the Eagles, Michael Lewis sacked a QB, Charles Johnson scored a TD, and Leonard Renfro has a pre-season sack!

Back