What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

Tedric just made a holy sheet INT to help seal this game for Seattle.
Was just going to post this. Amazing concentration. At real speed I thought he dropped it, in slow mo he juggled it all over but it never touched the turf.

I HATE SAYING THIS BUT **** YOU DAVID BAKTIARI! YOU PIECE OF **** ACTOR I HATE YOU CURRENTLY AS A LIONS FAN. GO ****ING CHUG ANOTHER BEER, THOUGH. THAT WAS COOL WHEN YOU DID THAT AND SHOWED AARON RODGERS TO BE THE ***** HE IS.

BUT SERIOUSLY, **** OFF.
Wow, ok, I didn't agree with the calls, but damn.

I HATE SAYING THIS BUT **** YOU DAVID BAKTIARI! YOU PIECE OF **** ACTOR I HATE YOU CURRENTLY AS A LIONS FAN. GO ****ING CHUG ANOTHER BEER, THOUGH. THAT WAS COOL WHEN YOU DID THAT AND SHOWED AARON RODGERS TO BE THE ***** HE IS.

BUT SERIOUSLY, **** OFF.

Be great if Nelson could use this opportunity to get healthy and prove to the NFL that he can stay healthy and produce.

He is never going to be a star but considering some of the guys who teams are running out there it's hard to imagine that Spuce can't help a team with a guy who can run precise patterns and be counted on catching balls that keep drives alive. Last few weekends have seen some guys who couldn't get open and who dropped balls that should have been bought.

Be great if Nelson could use this opportunity to get healthy and prove to the NFL that he can stay healthy and produce.

He is never going to be a star but considering some of the guys who teams are running out there it's hard to imagine that Spuce can't help a team with a guy who can run precise patterns and be counted on catching balls that keep drives alive. Last few weekends have seen some guys who couldn't get open and who dropped balls that should have been bought.
Nelson will be getting paid very well in the XFL, and I'm pretty sure these guys will be on semi long term deals they wont be able to just get out of. I think Spruce in the NFL is a non staryer at this point.

Nelson will be getting paid very well in the XFL, and I'm pretty sure these guys will be on semi long term deals they wont be able to just get out of. I think Spruce in the NFL is a non staryer at this point.
Paid well is relative. I don't know if he has played enough in the NFL to meet the requirements to be a two year veteran, He would be at minimum a one year veteran meaning his minimum salary for this year would be $570,000 as an active roster player. http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-tenders-for-2019/

In the XFL only a few players in the league, mostly QBs will approach that https://www.xflnewshub.com/xfl-players/xfl-player-salary-structure/
As a high draft pick he would likely fall into the range of $150,00 to $175,000 per year. Nothing to sneeze at but certainly not NFL money.

His NFL career may be over, the league spits out players every year. I have to think though that the dream is still alive for him. He looked to be on the way to being a solid member of an NFL roster before the injury bug hit him. As I mentioned the league doesn't have an over abundance of quality receivers, due to injury and other factors there are multiple teams who would be willing to look at a guy who could upgrade their team.

Because of his history though and the fact that he doesn't have the blazing speed and great size he will have to prove his way back into an opportunity to play. Hopefully the XFL will show that he can stay healthy and produce giving him that shot.

Paid well is relative. I don't know if he has played enough in the NFL to meet the requirements to be a two year veteran, He would be at minimum a one year veteran meaning his minimum salary for this year would be $570,000 as an active roster player. http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-tenders-for-2019/

In the XFL only a few players in the league, mostly QBs will approach that https://www.xflnewshub.com/xfl-players/xfl-player-salary-structure/
As a high draft pick he would likely fall into the range of $150,00 to $175,000 per year. Nothing to sneeze at but certainly not NFL money.

His NFL career may be over, the league spits out players every year. I have to think though that the dream is still alive for him. He looked to be on the way to being a solid member of an NFL roster before the injury bug hit him. As I mentioned the league doesn't have an over abundance of quality receivers, due to injury and other factors there are multiple teams who would be willing to look at a guy who could upgrade their team.

Because of his history though and the fact that he doesn't have the blazing speed and great size he will have to prove his way back into an opportunity to play. Hopefully the XFL will show that he can stay healthy and produce giving him that shot.
It’s a shame he won’t be able to join the ranks of the middle class. ☹️

Broncos trade Emmanuel Sanders and get some valuable 3rd and 4th round picks next year for the rebuild.

BUT, the best part about the trade is it helps Juwann Winfree get on the field more and see more targets. Hope to see JW have a strong second half of the season!

How rookie lineman Javier Edwards spent his time waiting for Texans' call
Houston Chronicle Published 3:38 pm CDT, Friday, October 25, 2019

Cut by his hometown Texans after a solid preseason, rookie defensive tackle Javier Edwards got creative while waiting for another shot at the NFL.

When the Texans cut the Ben Davis graduate after the preseason, Edwards was determined to not fall into the trap of not working out enough or eating right.

His plan ran into a snag, though. Edwards didn't have a gym membership. So, the 6-3, 335-pound gamed the system by signing up for guest passes with a local gym with several different emails. When the Texans signed him to the practice squad Tuesday after defensive lineman Albert Huggins was signed to the Philadelphia Eagles' active roster, the gym had just discovered that Edwards had been working out for free for two months.

"Actually, it was a funny story," said Edwards, who's bench pressed 225 pounds 31 times, squatted 550 pounds and run the 40-yard dash in 4.97 seconds. "I was working out and trying to do everything I can to stay in shape. I had like six different emails to get those five-day guest passes. The one time they caught me was the day I got the call from the Texans."

Edwards worked out for the Detroit Lions in September. There were some talks with the Miami Dolphins, but it never crystallized into an opportunity.

The former Colorado starter and Blinn Junior College all-conference selection is overjoyed to be back in the Texans' locker room.

"Oh man, it feels good," Edwards said. "It's a surreal feeling to play for the team you grew up watching."

Back