What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-Stanford Game Thread - 1:30PM - ESPN

Solid W. Another serving of crow for me.

HCKD is exceeding expectations.

Odd to see big leads evaporate. Is the D getting exposed in the 2d half, or is it conservative game planning?

Coming from the NFL, perhaps the hang on and eek out a W mentality exists.

Hard to criticize a 2-0 start. The OL adjusts with injuries, Broussard continues to produce, the WR corps is deep. Noyer runs the show very well.

The D still has collective brain farts from time to time, but the W's are there.

Great game. Watching wins is definitely more fun.
DBs and LBs having Collective HANDS farts! How many dropped INTs yeterday? Counted TWO on one play! Any of those on the late Furd drives seals that win early!

Question. On the punt where Watts was drilled I just assumed they picked up the flag because the ball got tipped. But from posts in this thread it sounds like it was ruled “running into the kicker” and not “roughing” and that we declined the penalty. If that is true, that is a big pile of donkey dung. If that wasn’t roughing I don’t know what is.

Question. On the punt where Watts was drilled I just assumed they picked up the flag because the ball got tipped. But from posts in this thread it sounds like it was ruled “running into the kicker” and not “roughing” and that we declined the penalty. If that is true, that is a big pile of donkey dung. If that wasn’t roughing I don’t know what is.
Was a terrible call.

Watts hasn’t learned to sell the roughing yet. He just popped back up rather than writhing in shear agony on the turf through an entire tv timeout.

I thought it was odd they didn’t elect to accept the penalty and re-kick the punt since it was not a great punt and I think Stanford had it on the 37 yard line or something like that.

Watts hasn’t learned to sell the roughing yet. He just popped back up rather than writhing in shear agony on the turf through an entire tv timeout.

I thought it was odd they didn’t elect to accept the penalty and re-kick the punt since it was not a great punt and I think Stanford had it on the 37 yard line or something like that.
My thought on that decision was the Furd got really close to blocking that punt. Maybe there was a scheme break down that KD thought needed to be addressed before we punted again. Safer to just decline and stick with result.

But how was that not roughing anyway? Dude straight up plowed into him head-on.

I was mad about this at first. But don't you pretty much need your kicking leg to still be up and in a defenseless position for roughing? He had finished the motion.

Reasonable to not take the penalty, definitely worried about any kind of return at that point.

this seemed like a key play in the shift of things. It was obvious that ‘furd guy put a stick on Watts. It was a head scratcher of a call, considering the slight nudges that the secondary put on their receivers gets DPI calls.

I had hoped that a re-kick would have happened, to get that ball pinned further into their own territory, but I’m not a coach.

In other words he has never been a soccer player.

informing stan marsh GIF by South Park

Back