What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-Stanford Game Thread - 1:30PM - ESPN

i can't even begin to express how high i am on Gonzo at cb. he's got all the tools. this is a walk through fire learning experience for him and he's caught 2 PIs that if he had positioned himself a little better, he'd have 2 PBUs instead. this is guy with an absolute ****-ton of upside.

we got some guys. we need more. win and maybe it will sort out.

usc haș so much ****ing talent and they are currently shatting themselves vigorously. we have a window here.

Sometimes when I read the game threads after a CU victory this season it seems as if they lost . . . by multiple touchdowns.

Yes, after the early 4th quarter touchdown by the Buffs the play calling went into the safety zone. It was clear that it was going to be one hand off after another.

However, it looks to me that it was solid game management in the fourth quarter. CU had a three score lead and it would take an absolutely perfect three possessions from Stanford to get a tie or win.

At this point, Noyer looks like the quarterback to manage this offense. He doesn't take unnecessary risks and looks through his reads if the first option isn't there. How many sacks does he take? How often has he thrown an ill-advised pass? Made a poor decision?

How about the touchdown pass to Dimitri Stanley? Perfect timing and touch that allowed Stanley to go the distance. And with Russell injured Stanley became a favorite target, although there were obviously important catches made by other wide outs.

The defense has been solid against the run.

My concern is the secondary. The lack of experience shows. Today they just couldn't make the one play - holding onto the ball when they had a shot at an interception.

He doesn't take unnecessary risks and looks through his reads
Except when he throws into triple coverage to a receiver that is three steps behind the entire defense.

I also remember some posters questioning whether he ever went to his second read last week. And I remember thinking, "well, maybe the first read is always open."

Chef definitely went through multiple reads today. And I completely agree. His decision making has been stellar. I really can't think of any plays where I was like, "Dude, WTF were you thinking?" Think about it, it's his second start! I'm not saying he's the second coming of Christ, but he's WAY more than what we could have reasonably expected.

The possession that kind of bothered me was our third to last.

So Broussard goes for -2 on first down. That was the killer. In retrospect, I don't know if there were any great decisions to follow that.

You think it would be a pass on 2nd and 12. But if you somehow break off a 6 yard run then it is a good call. And you run the clock.

Once it is 3rd and 13, I think you have to run. We had a 19 point lead. Presumably we could pin them deep. And that play did force Stanford to call a timeout.

But if Broussard gains 5 instead of losing 2 on first down, that series may have looked very different.

Solid W. Another serving of crow for me.

HCKD is exceeding expectations.

Odd to see big leads evaporate. Is the D getting exposed in the 2d half, or is it conservative game planning?

Coming from the NFL, perhaps the hang on and eek out a W mentality exists.

Hard to criticize a 2-0 start. The OL adjusts with injuries, Broussard continues to produce, the WR corps is deep. Noyer runs the show very well.

The D still has collective brain farts from time to time, but the W's are there.

Great game. Watching wins is definitely more fun.

Solid W. Another serving of crow for me.

HCKD is exceeding expectations.

Odd to see big leads evaporate. Is the D getting exposed in the 2d half, or is it conservative game planning?

Coming from the NFL, perhaps the hang on and eek out a W mentality exists.

Hard to criticize a 2-0 start. The OL adjusts with injuries, Broussard continues to produce, the WR corps is deep. Noyer runs the show very well.

The D still has collective brain farts from time to time, but the W's are there.

Great game. Watching wins is definitely more fun.

The big leads is about the only thing I'm worried about. I think somebody like USC or Arizona State is probably good enough to climb back into a game if we jump on them like we have in these first two.

This group is still a lot of fun-HCKD looks like a damn good move through two games, Chev is 10000x the play caller he was two years ago, Noyer's command of this offense is exceptional, and Broussard is a stud.

Hope we get to watch these guys play somebody next weekend

On that particular play it was a poor throw, not a bad decision. Noyer was under pressure and had the ball been about two feet farther down field it would have been completed.

Yep. Arias was behind those three guys. But Sam couldn't step into the throw due to the fact that he was getting drilled, and the ball floated.

I think our defense is very fundamentally sound. Wells, Landman and the Dline adjusting to the one gap scheme reduce the amount of mistakes.

we appear to lack speed on the edges and in the secondary, a heavy passing team might gives us fits.
This a fun team to watch!

Maybe I missed it, but why did Jynes stay home?

Are we going through a little attrition right now?

Maybe I missed it, but why did Jynes stay home?

Are we going through a little attrition right now?
Not sure exactly why on Jynes, but all of this may have been a blessing in disguise. Got Kutsch legit time at Center, which went better overall than I though, and got Ray and Lytle some needed time at Guard.

The coaching going on from Rodrigue right now is as good as we’ve seen from the OL group. Now, if he could just pick up his recruiting game.

Not sure exactly why on Jynes, but all of this may have been a blessing in disguise. Got Kutsch legit time at Center, which went better overall than I though, and got Ray and Lytle some needed time at Guard.

The coaching going on from Rodrigue right now is as good as we’ve seen from the OL group. Now, if he could just pick up his recruiting game.
I guess some rotation at OL wasn’t a disaster!

Except when he throws into triple coverage to a receiver that is three steps behind the entire defense.

I also remember some posters questioning whether he ever went to his second read last week. And I remember thinking, "well, maybe the first read is always open."

Chef definitely went through multiple reads today. And I completely agree. His decision making has been stellar. I really can't think of any plays where I was like, "Dude, WTF were you thinking?" Think about it, it's his second start! I'm not saying he's the second coming of Christ, but he's WAY more than what we could have reasonably expected.
Even the INT was the right read: Open receiver, but the rush prevented any follow-through and that throw was 80% arm; a half second more, he gets the step and follow through for an easy 6! (See Stanley and Rice TD passes re: Furd DB breakdowns)

Back