What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-UCLA Game Thread! Espn 2 5 PM MT

Why? He hasn’t shown that ability to this point in his career
Wells has been weak on edge. Star is new. Lang can get hooked. Rhyan is good OT. Early season tackling has been poor around CFB. Chip will show eye candy. CU will have to play disciplined.

That’s my handicap.

Wells has been weak on edge. Star is new. Lang can get hooked. Rhyan is good OT. Early season tackling has been poor around CFB. Chip will show eye candy. CU will have to play disciplined.

That’s my handicap.
That can be true about CU’s defense, but is moot if the QB isn’t that guy. DTR hasn’t shown to be much of a running threat to this point.

That can be true about CU’s defense, but is moot if the QB isn’t that guy. DTR hasn’t shown to be much of a running threat to this point.
This is about CU personnel, the weakness of 3-4 Star at the edge and CU’s ability to historically make QBs look good outside.

Chip will run the mesh. Maybe CU stays disciplined.

We’ll see. You may be right

The biggest advantage for CU is to go up tempo. I do not see how the bruins defense will be ready for altitude after this long of a layoff.
Maybe it also will keep noyer from thinking to much.

The biggest advantage for CU is to go up tempo. I do not see how the bruins defense will be ready for altitude after this long of a layoff.
Does Noyer know how to run the offense at all (and then to expertly do so at tempo)?

I’d be very, very surprised.

I mean, up tempo, no huddle can arguably be much easier on a QB and require far less experience and knowledge than huddling and regular tempo. Keep the same defensive personnel on the field, look to sideline for easy play calls from the coaches, quick game/one read passing game, RPO, etc. This is largely the reason college QBs have a hard time transitioning to NFL. CFB has taken most of the hard stuff away from QBs with this kind of strategy.

Also, Noyer is a 5th year Senior. I'm worried about his decision making and arm talent, not his understanding of the offense.

I mean, up tempo, no huddle can arguably be much easier on a QB and require far less experience and knowledge than huddling and regular tempo. Keep the same defensive personnel on the field, look to sideline for easy play calls from the coaches, quick game/one read passing game, RPO, etc. This is largely the reason college QBs have a hard time transitioning to NFL. CFB has taken most of the hard stuff away from QBs with this kind of strategy.

Also, Noyer is a 5th year Senior. I'm worried about his decision making and arm talent, not his understanding of the offense.
This. I would love to see Chev set Noyer up with some no huddle quick reads and let him use his feet a bit if nothing is there. In the last camp video I saw it does look like speed is one of Noyer's strengths. Get him in a flow early.

yea, go watch the wazzu pick. Also, the coaches have mentioned he has some bad errors in his decision making (if you read between the lines). That dude will throw up total insane clunkers. Wildcard.

This. I would love to see Chev set Noyer up with some no huddle quick reads and let him use his feet a bit if nothing is there. In the last camp video I saw it does look like speed is one of Noyer's strengths. Get him in a flow early.
The obvious downside to doing this on offense is a dropped pass, missed throw, stuffed run, etc leads to a quick 3 and out and more time on field for the defense.

They will have to find a good balance and pick and choose when they do this, if that's even part of the gameplan

On a positive note, this opener couldn't setup any better for Noyer. First start against a terrible D (113th) that lost a couple of their decent players from last year. He should have an opportunity to make a few plays. Lets hope Chev and company put him in a position to do some damage, while not asking him to do too much.
Plus, if he throws an INT he can make the score saving tackle.

The obvious downside to doing this on offense is a dropped pass, missed throw, stuffed run, etc leads to a quick 3 and out and more time on field for the defense.

They will have to find a good balance and pick and choose when they do this, if that's even part of the gameplan
Yeah, I was just stating what I want the game plan for Noyer to be. I'd like the overall offensive plan to be...RUN THE DAMN BALL.

Likely second most winnable game on schedule. Gonna know a lot by 1000 pm Saturday, or sooner.

Last edited:
Whoa. Under!!

In the daily UCLA articles in the LA Times this week, Chip has more than once commented on how Noyer is an unknown quantity, yet is big, fast and athletic, and he expects some designed QB run plays. I'll bet the Buffs run a few.

Noyer actually has an above average arm.

Back