What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs ATM at Empower Field - Season Tix Holders...

I’m in a pickle. My daughter and SIL are CU grads. But SIL’s dad is an Aggie fan. As a matter of fact, his dad has a condo in College Station next door to RC Slokum. I volunteered to buy tickets for my son’s FIL and a couple of others. Hopefully the Buffs pull off the upset.

I relocated to SE Tx. in 2007 and became friends with several A&M alumni by virtue of the B12 and those friendships continue today. I've been exposed to a different type of tailgating, last year I tailgated the Florida game 100K in Kyle there was 10K watching on big screens in the tailgate...it was almost like being inside.
1) I wouldn't expect more than 12-15K Aggies and of those 70% will be 40 and over so it won't be a ruckus crowd in maroon.
2) A&M stands to make more $$$ changing the venue @ 38K attendance they surpass the pay day of Folsom, it's about money has nothing to do with the old B12.
3) The behind the wheel time for the average Aggie to Denver is going to be around 17 Hrs
4) I'm hearing certain groups are setting up tailgates in RV parks outside of Denver.
5) I'm a BUFF..I root for A&M in the SEC...Black & Gold on this one and maybe we'll see another John Hessler emerge

I relocated to SE Tx. in 2007 and became friends with several A&M alumni by virtue of the B12 and those friendships continue today. I've been exposed to a different type of tailgating, last year I tailgated the Florida game 100K in Kyle there was 10K watching on big screens in the tailgate...it was almost like being inside.
1) I wouldn't expect more than 12-15K Aggies and of those 70% will be 40 and over so it won't be a ruckus crowd in maroon.
2) A&M stands to make more $$$ changing the venue @ 38K attendance they surpass the pay day of Folsom, it's about money has nothing to do with the old B12.
3) The behind the wheel time for the average Aggie to Denver is going to be around 17 Hrs
4) I'm hearing certain groups are setting up tailgates in RV parks outside of Denver.
5) I'm a BUFF..I root for A&M in the SEC...Black & Gold on this one and maybe we'll see another John Hessler emerge
There will be far more than 12-15k aTm fans traveling. I'd guess there will be at least that many that already live in Colorado. Going to Colorado in early September from that hellhole? They will travel like crazy. Plus, they are eyeing a national championship...

I'm thinking the stadium will be like a Nub game here.

There will be far more than 12-15k aTm fans traveling. I'd guess there will be at least that many that already live in Colorado. Going to Colorado in early September from that hellhole? They will travel like crazy. Plus, they are eyeing a national championship...

Pretty much this. Upper middle class Aggie grads love them some Colorado.

My slot is in 10 minutes and I'm going for those $80 lower bowl end zone seats. I have sat there several times for the CSU game and it's pretty good because you get late afternoon shade (and/or rain protection) if you are in the upper section of the lower bowl.

Amazing

no complaining that the game is NOT on campus.

Hypocrites.

Hypocritical to prefer a game featuring a P5 opponent, and the national exposure/financial benefits associated with that, over a lower tier opponent (with, at best, regional interest and marginal exposure)?

Guilty as charged.

I would much prefer it to be on campus. But it's not and there's nothing I can do about it so I'm going to go and watch CU take on a likely top 5 team from our old conference. And it doesn't hurt that they happen to have a world class marching band they will most likely be bringing. Not often you get to see a top 5 team in person when you've been in the PAC-12 during a USC "down" period.

There will be a fair amount of them here. My group from Lincoln is going to this one, and we're taking an Aggie. I have Aggie alum friends who are talking about coming up here for it.

Random question-Are they bringing an SEC crew up here or did that change at all?

Several reasons why I don't believe there won't be a knu like crowd. Texans love vacationing in CO during the Summer by Sept. most have already taken vacation or they plan to go skiing later. Classes will have just begun and some of the students who might've attended a road game won't this one due to the distance in drive time. Not saying there won't be students just fewer leaving more alumni in attendance.
I could be totally wet on this but I don't know believe that's a good thing.

Several reasons why I don't believe there won't be a knu like crowd. Texans love vacationing in CO during the Summer by Sept. most have already taken vacation or they plan to go skiing later. Classes will have just begun and some of the students who might've attended a road game won't this one due to the distance in drive time. Not saying there won't be students just fewer leaving more alumni in attendance.
I could be totally wet on this but I don't know believe that's a good thing.

Two reasons why this isn't going to be a Nebraska like crowd-One, A&M is actually good. They had a case to make the CFP last year. This isn't the May National Champions we're playing. Two, their fans are weird, but they're pretty easy to tailgate with. When I see a Nebraska fan, the only thing I want to do is throw my beer at them. Aggies don't inspire that kind of hate.

Two reasons why this isn't going to be a ****braska like crowd-One, A&M is actually good. They had a case to make the CFP last year. This isn't the May National Champions we're playing. Two, their fans are weird, but they're pretty easy to tailgate with. When I see a ****braska fan, the only thing I want to do is throw my beer at them. Aggies don't inspire that kind of hate.
LOL true that knu has been irrelevant for the last 20 yrs. As far as weird I wonder how my wearing CU gear isn't seen the same way by A&M alumni? There are a few that remember the last game in Boulder 2009 a 35-34 loss..

LOL true that knu has been irrelevant for the last 20 yrs. As far as weird I wonder how my wearing CU gear isn't seen the same way by A&M alumni? There are a few that remember the last game in Boulder 2009 a 35-34 loss..

Meh. This game is in Denver. This is going to be a majority CU crowd.

Two reasons why this isn't going to be a ****braska like crowd-One, A&M is actually good. They had a case to make the CFP last year. This isn't the May National Champions we're playing. Two, their fans are weird, but they're pretty easy to tailgate with. When I see a ****braska fan, the only thing I want to do is throw my beer at them. Aggies don't inspire that kind of hate.
I would argue Nebraska fan and Nebraska alum/student are the same, yet there is a difference between A&M “fan” and A&M alum/student.
Corpus Christi is an A&M town (vice UT, TT, etc). No one here is smart enough to get onto A&MCS, yet romps around with their gear on, all obnoxious, with their mullets, jacked 1999 Ford F-150s, using terms like “we”. Bunch of hicks. Those that actually graduate from A&M are typically beneficial to society.
I still prefer UT.
*side note: I just took my son to see UT vs ASU in Austin in the college baseball tourney. Totally awesome experience all the way around.

Back