What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs. UCLA

We are definitely one of the two teams in the nation. The other one is an hour up the road.

I know that this is total naivete on my part, but if he was honest with himself, KD would resign. He would have to know that he's just stealing CU's money at this point.

Is there a way we can just fire the mother****er for cause, and when he asks what cause, just show him the film of the last 16 games?

I know that this is total naivete on my part, but if he was honest with himself, KD would resign. He would have to know that he's just stealing CU's money at this point.

Is there a way we can just fire the mother****er for cause, and when he asks what cause, just show him the film of the last 16 games?
I don't expect him to do that. Financially, he probably needs this contract. Most likely, he is done coaching. And it's not like he's a guy who made a bunch of money from prior gigs.

He wants his money but I also think that he has convinced himself that he is actually doing a good job and the losses aren't his fault.

I don't expect him to do that. Financially, he probably needs this contract. Most likely, he is done coaching. And it's not like he's a guy who made a bunch of money from prior gigs.

Well, he's definitely not going to do that, if for no other reason than, like other coaches, he probably thinks he can get it turned around. Most college and pro coaches are masters at self-deception. Very few of them realize they suck.

As for being done with coaching, he'll probably just go back to being a position coach, with a much fatter wallet, thanks to RG.

He was a HC for a P5 program for 6 years, an OC for a P5 program and an NFL WR coach who was assuredly making mid-six figures every year while doing that, and has now made somewhere around $11m over 3 years from CU. He will be fine if he never receives another $$

He wants his money but I also think that he has convinced himself that he is actually doing a good job and the losses aren't his fault.

I mean honestly, most coaches are like that. If this thing or that thing or the other thing had gone another way, they could have had a chance, and things are going to break our way next time.

And it might be true for teams that aren't losing by 4 touchdowns every week.

I mean honestly, most coaches are like that. If this thing or that thing or the other thing had gone another way, they could have had a chance, and things are going to break our way next time.

And it might be true for teams that aren't losing by 4 touchdowns every week.
Remember when JE was fired he was angry and convinced that he hadn't been given a fair chance.

I agree with you that any rational person looking at if from the outside would have no question that KD is failing completely but the actual coach isn't rational.

kid qb didn't get killed so that is a positive. the fact that it was in spite of rather than because of the coaching and schemes is a big ****ing negative.

lincoln kennedy's commentary was funny if it wasn't so true-- considering our head coach is allegedly an elite nfl wr coach, he sure as **** doesn't seem to understand how to put his qb in a position to succeed with the wrs.

defensively, chris wilson is horrible. i mean, seriously horrible.

the staff can't recruit, can't retain, can't develop, and can't gameplan, adjust, teach, or otherwise coach at all.

the kids tried really hard for most of the game. i feel bad for them all.

45-17 looks like improvement. I think we should keep the coach until halfway through the end of the season after next season.

PS: this is exactly what will happen. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thank you KD
young dolph plies GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop
This is where I am too.

#FadeColoradoAndRetire

He doesn’t need the money. He will be an NFL position coach again for appx $300K to offset full contract if he doesn’t get bought out.

Back from the game. Beautiful day. Surprisingly large crowd for a team that scored 30 points in three games. They've finally figured out how to get the beer lines moving by stationing a beer vendor every three feet. The guy next to me said I should stand up and try to get on the Jersey Cam. I told him, "If I get myself on the big screen, people will know I came to this game." I have never seen a defense manage to be so far away from the ball at any given moment.

Well, he's definitely not going to do that, if for no other reason than, like other coaches, he probably thinks he can get it turned around. Most college and pro coaches are masters at self-deception. Very few of them realize they suck.

As for being done with coaching, he'll probably just go back to being a position coach, with a much fatter wallet, thanks to RG.
With 18 mil in his pocket, and a now toxic reputation, KD will never coach another down of football.

Buffs fooled me 3 times this year. I’m glad I finally pulled the plug and went out hiking today instead of planning my day around watching my team get stomped. Highly recommended to anyone still watching this trash.

He doesn’t need the money. He will be an NFL position coach again for appx $300K to offset full contract if he doesn’t get bought out.
I think he is done.

The guy I see on the sidelines and in his appearances looks like a guy who is done coaching. He absolutely doesn't want to go back to the grind of being an NFL position coach.

If/when he gets fired he will have an agent submit his name for head coaching jobs and some coordinator positions, none of which will have any real interest in hiring him, and thus satisfy the contractual obligation to actively seek offsetting employment.

Buffs fooled me 3 times this year. I’m glad I finally pulled the plug and went out hiking today instead of planning my day around watching my team get stomped. Highly recommended to anyone still watching this trash.
I missed this trash because I officiated a freshman volleyball tournament today instead.

The volleyball I saw was more interesting than CU I'm sure was.

He was a HC for a P5 program for 6 years, an OC for a P5 program and an NFL WR coach who was assuredly making mid-six figures every year while doing that, and has now made somewhere around $11m over 3 years from CU. He will be fine if he never receives another $$
I know his realtor. KD is ultra conservative with his coin and invested his haul from UCLA. He had already built his dream house in BoCo and was 2 years out from retirement before RG gave him the lottery ticket. He will take a negotiated buyout that excludes him from looking for work.

the joke is on all of us for financing this scam. Some of us more than others.

Rick is an awful business man according to EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE.

I know his realtor. KD is ultra conservative with his coin and invested his haul from UCLA. He had already built his dream house in BoCo and was 2 years out from retirement before RG gave him the lottery ticket. He will take a negotiated buyout that excludes him from looking for work.

the joke is on all of us for financing this scam. Some of us more than others.

Rick is an awful business man according to EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE.
If he says I'll take $5-6M and no offset clause I'm doing that tomorrow.

Back