What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs. UCLA

He has an offset provision. He’ll need to go back to NFL WR coaching to get his money.
Depends on how it is written, and do we think RG wrote a solid one.

The clause can require a return to "prior" employment which would mean position coaching or similar. If the clause requires "qualified positions" he can very easily argue that having been hired for not one but two college HC jobs and having prior experience as an OC that his qualified position is at least at the coordinator level if not higher.

I haven't read the actual contract so I would be interested to see how it is actually stated.

Depends on how it is written, and do we think RG wrote a solid one.

The clause can require a return to "prior" employment which would mean position coaching or similar. If the clause requires "qualified positions" he can very easily argue that having been hired for not one but two college HC jobs and having prior experience as an OC that his qualified position is at least at the coordinator level if not higher.

I haven't read the actual contract so I would be interested to see how it is actually stated.
Based on past history, we probably have to match any salary he receives from a new job

The new Ralphie has to be embarrassed to a be part of such a dismal program. I feel for her.
Family Shut Up GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Can’t disrupt the team chemistry when they haven’t been mathematically eliminated from bowl eligibility!
I appreciate the snark. BUT we have been eliminated: 2 infinitely bad games plus 2 infinitely bad games = two infinitely bad seasons = no bowl games.

(Ok. I've even stopped making sense to myself. I thought I was done. Why am I still here?)

Today was apparently "Gold Rush" at Folsom, where all the Buff fans were supposed to wear gold. I didn't get the memo. Couldn't they do that against a team that doesn't also have gold in their color scheme?
Do you really expect anything to make sense coming from this program?

Also people really need to stop going to games. A stadium so empty that it is covered by ESPN, etc. for the rest of the season might be the only thing that makes PD, the regents and the administration embarrassed enough to do something about this dumpster fire.

Do you really expect anything to make sense coming from this program?

Also people really need to stop going to games. A stadium so empty that it is covered by ESPN, etc. for the rest of the season might be the only thing that makes PD, the regents and the administration embarrassed enough to do something about this dumpster fire.
I was happy to see a good crowd today. We’re a lot better served showing that we support even a bad team and if we build a winner we will have sellout crowds.

Last edited:
I was happy to see a good crowd today. We’re a lot better served showing that we support even a dab team and if we build a winner we will have sellout crowds.
I didn’t really get the sense that the crowd yelled too many boos or vocally expressed their displeasure. Much of the crowd left, but they already bought their tickets and still showed up.

I didn’t really get the sense that the crowd yelled too many boos or vocally expressed their displeasure. Much of the crowd left, but they already bought their tickets and still showed up.
The crowd always leaves early if the team is trash. It's been going on for 20 plus years. I used to think it was because there was no alcohol allowed in the stadium people went back to their tailgates and decided not to come back for the second half.

The crowd always leaves early if the team is trash. It's been going on for 20 plus years. I used to think it was because there was no alcohol allowed in the stadium people went back to their tailgates and decided not to come back for the second half.
Right, but last week, there were boos. This time around, it was polite. Was surprised with what’s been an angsty week.

Anyone bother to watch Dorrell's weekly post game smoke and mirror show?
He said TWICE that he was happy and encouraged that the offense didn't turn the ball over on the opening series.
Of all the things to focus on... there is so much to unpack when listened to his garbage narratives. He continually says we are in games late. He refuses to own any of the loss on lack of preparation and youth, throwing his players under the bus. That is what bothers me the most, he is so narcissistic, he is incapable of recognizing and accepting his program, coaching and schemes are not effective and in turn blames every 19 year on the roster. He is such a douche nozzle!

I haven't read the entire thread but: You know how they show social media posts from fans up on the big screen periodically? Well, in the first batch, there were at least THREE that had #firedorrell as a hashtag. Oops.

I noticed that subsequent ones shown throughout the game were relatively innocuous (and had few hashtags).

Anyone bother to watch Dorrell's weekly post game smoke and mirror show?
He said TWICE that he was happy and encouraged that the offense didn't turn the ball over on the opening series.
Of all the things to focus on... there is so much to unpack when listened to his garbage narratives. He continually says we are in games late. He refuses to own any of the loss on lack of preparation and youth, throwing his players under the bus. That is what bothers me the most, he is so narcissistic, he is incapable of recognizing and accepting his program, coaching and schemes are not effective and in turn blames every 19 year on the roster. He is such a douche nozzle!
Plus they did turn it over but they were bailed out by some penalty. I forget what exactly happened.

So I was just looking at the stats and realized that their running back scored a touchdown one out of every three times he ran the ball and averaged over 11.5 yards per carry.

Plus they did turn it over but they were bailed out by some penalty. I forget what exactly happened.
That was a good penalty call. The UCLA end got a huge jump on the snap and came around tackle and caused the fumble. So that wasn’t on us.

He has an offset provision. He’ll need to go back to NFL WR coaching to get his money.
1:1 offset though and who in the NFL would hire him? After knowing his bank balance? Motivation? I question his ability when totally motivated.

But if he could land a NFL job at $500k, CU owes him the difference I believe. He can negotiate that all day. He has all the cards and RG is naked as usual.

Maybe we need an exorcist.
If a school like Kansas can do it, how can we keep failing so miserably?
Is it Kansas' football reputation, it's location in E Kansas, thier all-star coaching staff? Nope..

I keep waiting for just a little good luck. And it's not happening

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Curse of Boulder Valley, also known as Niwot's Curse, is attributed to Chief Niwot, who is said to have first stated it upon meeting the first white gold seekers to visit what is now known as the Boulder Valley in Boulder County, Colorado. According to the chief, the curse of the valley was its breathtaking landscape.[1]
People seeing the beauty of this valley will want to stay, and their staying will be the undoing of the beauty.
Niwot was the leader of the Southern Arapaho. The visitors were encamped at what the Arapaho considered to be a sacred site, Valmont Butte, some four miles to the north east of what is now central Boulder, Colorado. Niwot and his closest elder braves, Bear Head and Many Whips, rode out to the site where the new arrivals had decided to camp, near the place where Boulder Creek releases from the Front Range onto the Great Plains. Some see the Curse as portentous of the settling of not only the Boulder Valley, but of the entire Western United States.[citation needed]

Back