What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs Utah 12/12 10:00 AM Fox BIG NOON SATURDAY - GAME THREAD

Davis must be a helluva practice player.
If anyone wants a good listen on what Hagan thinks of the running back room he is pretty candid on the Buffs Primetime from 12/3. His interview starts around 31:45.

If you don't want to listen he essentially says Davis is someone who you want to root for and does all the right things. Mangham is in his own head and Hagan dances around Clayton although he says he is very talented and needs to get him more touches.

I don't think it is about Hagan wanting to prove anything. I think Joe Davis does all the right things all week to convince Hagan and Dorrell he should be number 2. I'd guess he knows the offense, pass blocks, and can read defenses better than Mangham or Clayton, unfortunately it seems like he doesn't have the talent. I'd guess pass pro is a huge part of why Clayton isn't seeing the field as much as we'd like. I'd love to see snap counts along with rushing attempts. I didn't pay as much attention in this game but previously it has seemed like they brought it in and gave it to him, not leaving him in the game to pass protect.

Here's the story: Buffs w/Landman >= Utah

Buffs w/o Landman < Utah

As we have all said a million times this year, depth, esp. at LB, is a huge weakness. Utah is a better program than us because they have a good coach, who has been there forever, and he has built the program the way he wants it.

In the time Utah had had Whittingham, we have had 5 head coaches, none of whom are as good as him. Maybe Dorrell can surprise us and be as good and stick around as long as that guy, or maybe Whittingham can get stupid and chase the money in the SEC or Big Ten.

Until then, I don't see us catching up to the Utes.
Agree up top, disagree at the end because Utah still has NO history of greatness and was a G5 school not so long ago.
Whittingham has been amazing, and I wish he would leave.
I would not say that overall, the Utah team was better than us in every position, however, in the most important positions, such as LB and QB, we were short.
We can and should work our way ahead of them with some form of consistency, and maybe Dorrell is it?

Go bitch to the grounds crew or RG about it. It still doesn't change what I posted already.
I agree with your post completely about the fact that we LOST, and Utah played better on the same field!!!

As a fan of a program, I simply push for excellence in all facets of the program from the AD to the janitors. I know something about sports fields having built a lot of them in my life, and what was not done by covering up that field and having a clean safe field was unacceptable!!! Yes, we have had snow on the field, when it is snowing during a game, but this was not that situation! Did we cut Grounds Crew jobs due to the pandemic? If the field was covered, the heavy top snow gets removed by the machines, then they can blow off the rest to uncover the tarp, then they roll it off and we have a nice clean field. National TV game needed to not look like that!!!

You right, me right.

Here's the story: Buffs w/Landman >= Utah

Buffs w/o Landman < Utah

As we have all said a million times this year, depth, esp. at LB, is a huge weakness. Utah is a better program than us because they have a good coach, who has been there forever, and he has built the program the way he wants it.

In the time Utah had had Whittingham, we have had 5 head coaches, none of whom are as good as him. Maybe Dorrell can surprise us and be as good and stick around as long as that guy, or maybe Whittingham can get stupid and chase the money in the SEC or Big Ten.

Until then, I don't see us catching up to the Utes.
I'm surprised that Whittingham hasn't ever been lured to a bigger program as HC.

More likely that he's trying to reward those who are putting in the work and doing everything he's coached them to do... regardless of talent level.

I look at Joe Davis like I look at JVD like I looked at Rick Gamboa. Will put in the work but get flat out beat on the field by more talented players.
Joe Davis and JVD should sit because there are better players ahead of them.

Gamboa played because he was the best option we had, not because he was good.

I agree with your post completely about the fact that we LOST, and Utah played better on the same field!!!

As a fan of a program, I simply push for excellence in all facets of the program from the AD to the janitors. I know something about sports fields having built a lot of them in my life, and what was not done by covering up that field and having a clean safe field was unacceptable!!! Yes, we have had snow on the field, when it is snowing during a game, but this was not that situation! Did we cut Grounds Crew jobs due to the pandemic? If the field was covered, the heavy top snow gets removed by the machines, then they can blow off the rest to uncover the tarp, then they roll it off and we have a nice clean field. National TV game needed to not look like that!!!

You right, me right.
Ok fine. What makes you think Utah wouldn't have looked better under better conditions? Dude, they flat beat us on our home field. Do I think it's the end of the world, no. Get ready this week.

Joe Davis and JVD should sit because there are better players ahead of them.

Gamboa played because he was the best option we had, not because he was good.
I seem to remember questions on here as to why Gamboa was getting so many snaps, but a younger, more talented Landman was getting limited playtime.

Either way we agree with who should sit. My point was unpacking why Hagan doesn't.

Back