What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the DC coordinator thread but it is not surprising we have expanded to show concern for the future of the program given the difficulties we have had getting a DC. My 2 cents as one of ABs resident Kool-Aid drinkers (which has been watered down the past few years).

1) I totally believe HCMM is a legit HC for a P5 program and I think he is a great coach for rebuilding us back up
2) No clue if he can get us to competing for P12 championships as that is a tall order for any coach
3) The administration has really ramped things up the past year+, starting with hiring a big boy AD in RG
4) RG quickly backed up his hire with the most important facilities project we have seen in decades
5) We can all bitch and moan that we didn´t have the wins last year, but last year was the first time in a decade we were regularly competitive in most games we played including occasionally away from home and being significant underdogs
6) In this his 3rd year, HCMM needs to convert the promise of more wins into more wins. How many, not sure, but I´d like to see at least 5. That would show real progress beyond moral victories
7) Never was a fan of HCMM bringing virtually his whole SJSU staff with him. Appears I underestimated Lindgren but many of us were right that the game at the highest level had past Baer by
8) I was worried HCMM was too loyal to staff (based on #7) but by all accounts, Baer was (rightfully) pushed out by HCMM. So good on him.
9) Damnit lets get a freaking DC that has some chops (I may be in the minority but I´d be thrilled with Ball in light of the worse case scenario I had thought)
10) We are under performing in a big way in recruiting and that has to get fixed. Combination of wins on the field, new facilities coming on line, and better recruiters are needed.

Go Buffs.

This is the DC coordinator thread but it is not surprising we have expanded to show concern for the future of the program given the difficulties we have had getting a DC. My 2 cents as one of ABs resident Kool-Aid drinkers (which has been watered down the past few years).

1) I totally believe HCMM is a legit HC for a P5 program and I think he is a great coach for rebuilding us back up
2) No clue if he can get us to competing for P12 championships as that is a tall order for any coach
3) The administration has really ramped things up the past year+, starting with hiring a big boy AD in RG
4) RG quickly backed up his hire with the most important facilities project we have seen in decades
5) We can all bitch and moan that we didn´t have the wins last year, but last year was the first time in a decade we were regularly competitive in most games we played including occasionally away from home and being significant underdogs
6) In this his 3rd year, HCMM needs to convert the promise of more wins into more wins. How many, not sure, but I´d like to see at least 5. That would show real progress beyond moral victories
7) Never was a fan of HCMM bringing virtually his whole SJSU staff with him. Appears I underestimated Lindgren but many of us were right that the game at the highest level had past Baer by
8) I was worried HCMM was too loyal to staff (based on #7) but by all accounts, Baer was (rightfully) pushed out by HCMM. So good on him.
9) Damnit lets get a freaking DC that has some chops (I may be in the minority but I´d be thrilled with Ball in light of the worse case scenario I had thought)
10) We are under performing in a big way in recruiting and that has to get fixed. Combination of wins on the field, new facilities coming on line, and better recruiters are needed.

Go Buffs.

Well said. Rep.

'Tini. I was you during the Hawkins debacle. Look where it got me. A life of shame and ridicule. Now my wife falls asleep on the couch and my dog ****s on the floor. :sad1:
You got off light. Tini won't be so lucky if the MM era fails. Very hopeful it doesn't.

'Tini. I was you during the Hawkins debacle. Look where it got me. A life of shame and ridicule. Now my wife falls asleep on the couch and my dog ****s on the floor. :sad1:
Count your blessings. Better than the other way around.

I'm not going to sift through all 77 pages, so forgive me if it's been mentioned....but what is Brian Cabral up to these days?

Amazing your wife hasn't made you sleep on the couch.

That was the lead story on Buffzone's web page, now they've taken it off that page altogether. I wonder whose idea that was.

It's the third story under Football with two newer articles before it. It's hardly a Kennedy assassination-level conspiracy.

"When Fehoko became one of the first commitments for the 2015 CU class in April last year, he emphasized that his relationship with defensive line coach Jim Jeffcoat played a big part in his commitment."

Strange because Jeffcoat is still here

It's not because of Baer or Jeffcoat

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

After looking thru this thread, I was thinking that the next DC is in the super bowl! There is no alternative in my mind! Thus, the latency of naming our new DC. I looked up assistant coaches for the Patriots and came away with nothing. Within seconds of seeing Seattle's roster a name smacked me in the face...Ken Norton Jr! It's not Seto people it's Norton. Dallas Cowboy! The three in one trinity, MM, Jeffcoat & Norton!

I'm not going to sift through all 77 pages, so forgive me if it's been mentioned....but what is Brian Cabral up to these days?

I looked him up earlier in the DC search just out of curiosity. He is still the DC at Indiana State. I didn't see any stats or articles about their D, but seeing scores over the past couple seasons doesn't make it appear that he's been very successful so far.

After looking thru this thread, I was thinking that the next DC is in the super bowl! There is no alternative in my mind! Thus, the latency of naming our new DC. I looked up assistant coaches for the Patriots and came away with nothing. Within seconds of seeing Seattle's roster a name smacked me in the face...Ken Norton Jr! It's not Seto people it's Norton. Dallas Cowboy! The three in one trinity, MM, Jeffcoat & Norton!
Keep dreaming. I don't think it has anything to do with the Super Bowl teams anymore. I think they haven't yet hired their guy, but they are getting close. I guess we will find out soon. It would definitely be insightful to get the full story which we probably will never get.

COLORADO's new DC: Ken Norton Jr. He will be coaching the LB's that for sure! I wonder who he'll bring with him to recruit?

https://www.google.com/#q=Ken+Norton+Jr

Quoted for posterity and rep if your right.

Sorry to say but Norton left the Cowboys in 1994 and HCMM didn't start coaching there until 2003. He does appear to have the LB chops and has a history with the PAC 12, so wouldn't be disappointed.

Sorry to say but Norton left the Cowboys in 1994 and HCMM didn't start coaching there until 2003. He does appear to have the LB chops and has a history with the PAC 12, so wouldn't be disappointed.

Irregardless, I would much rather have Norton to Seto, anyday. He's a four star recruiter as well as a fine LB coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back