What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deion Sanders - HC Jackson State

The biggest complaint about Prime his entire career in sports - telling it like I see it here - is that he's "too black" and his brashness, outspokenness and new school attitude toward many things makes traditionalists (I.e., many white folks) very uncomfortable.
The best part of hiring Prime would be watching our academic elites lose their ****.
He would be the main story at CU for quite some time.

Tucker inspired so much pride and excitement with a paper tiger recruiting class, car salesmanship, and 5-7 record

Prime would have a statue and a parade pretty quickly. His leadership and confidence is infectious and just the medicine needed to shed our collective sorrow and inferiority complexes.

He would be a huge hire, not just on-field or recruiting, but mainly for repairing the mental health and pride of the fan base. There would be a lot more money flowing in with him captaining the ship

I was watching the 30 for 30 on Deion playing in an NFL game the same day as a World Series game.

Something I learned which surprised me was when Deion was talking about dumping the ice water on Tim McCarver during the locker room celebration. He said it was water instead of champagne because he has never had a drop of alcohol in his life, won't even get near the stuff.

Kind of made me think he's a lot like Gronk. Incredibly disciplined and focused on taking care of his body while not letting things like booze compromise his mission- but also someone who while completely sober has a ton of fun and would be the life of the party. Definitely a different and special type of guy.

I think once they got to know him and saw how he ran things, any reservations they had would quickly melt away. Prime will make players go to class and behave with discipline.
Totally agree! I just remember that academic side of CU was always envious of the attention that athletics got during the glory years.

Sanders would command a lot of attention in Lilly white Boulder and I can see our academics getting a bit bent by that.

Totally agree! I just remember that academic side of CU was always envious of the attention that athletics got during the glory years.

Sanders would command a lot of attention in Lilly white Boulder and I can see our academics getting a bit bent by that.
I do not think academics would get bent by a guy who demands discipline from his players, including attending class and avoiding trouble. Their criticism is tied to people who don’t emphasize those values.

One thing - since I see this a lot in 247 posts - please don't call him "Neon". He hates that nickname and has told people not to call him that for 35+ years. "Neon" is flash without substance. "Prime" or "Primetime" is about seizing your moment and making things happen on the big stage - which is what he's all about.

Deion has always been my number one choice and that won't change until he actually says no.
To me, he's everything we thought Mel Tucker was and much, MUCH more. He's a relentless recruiter, a showman, someone who'd bring in money by the boatload, nonstop exposure and fanfare. I also think, after watching various documentaries and whatnot about the guy, he's a much better human being than Mel Tucker is/was. I think he truly cares about the kids that play for him and wants nothing but the best for them whether it be professionally as athletes or in other ventures of life.

If you give him everything he needs to succeed (and I do realize that's asking a lot from CU), I have no doubt in my mind that he's the guy that could legitimately get CU to Playoffs contention, especially with the expansion in a couple years. It'd be a Grand Slam hire and I see absolutely nothing negative about it. The absolute worst thing that could come out of it? He recruits his ass off and loads the roster with talent that hasn't been seen around here since the McCartney days. The ceiling? I know, considering how bad it's been for two decades now, it'll sound funny; But I honestly feel he's the type that could CU competing at the absolute peak again.

If it's true CU has reached out, that's great but it has to come at the realization of the fact that they need to start taking football seriously.
Give Prime the keys to the place and let him run it. He's NOT the type of guy, IMO, who's going to get your University in any kind of trouble or controversy. As others have pointed out, he's old school in his views and mentality on how individuals should conduct themselves. He's a rock solid person who I don't see tolerating any kind of mishaps or off the field issues. Like I said, nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain. Even more so since it seems like Hugh Freeze or Lane Kiffin will get the Auburn job. Georgia Tech? I've heard they're not really hot on Deion at all for whatever reason.

Make it happen CU, for the love of god.

I think once they got to know him and saw how he ran things, any reservations they had would quickly melt away. Prime will make players go to class and behave with discipline.

Above cannot be emphasized enough. He is old school when it comes to discipline.
I was watching the barstool "Pro Football Football Show" this morning. Prime is on it weekly with Big Cat and Portnoy. Anyway, they brought up Kyler Murray yelling and showing up Kingsbury on the sideline and asked Prime what he'd do in that situation. He had a great answer, basically saying college and pro is vastly different, but in college the guy would be kicked off the team. Pro, he said essentially you have two choices, go back at the guy and show the team you won't be treated like that, or just let it go and you're firing yourself because you'll lose the respect of the rest of the team. Also said the whole thing where they wanted to put into Kyler's contract that he has to watch film shows he doesn't have the commitment to his craft and only relies on his athleticism so you can't trust him. Cool response, and just reiterates that even though he's a coach the kids love and can relate to, he is still old school, won't play favorites, and understands the importance of the team dynamic and consistency.

Here's the video. He talks about it at 42:00 to 43:30

it would propel us back into the conversation. it would bring boosters and a whole bunch of new nil money. it would get the attention of a ton of recruits who literally were not alive when CU was a powerhouse.

you all want to take a moonshot? this is the one to go for.

we get him and everything changes. it may not ultimately work out, but his brand is on another level from what we have seen around here for a very long time. and i honestly don't give a **** if he views this as a stepping stone. if he gets here and we do the right stuff from a support standpoint then one of 2 things will happen: 1. he leaves and we are in a better spot or 2. he gets a god like contract and we are off to the races again. either result is good.

another thing i don't think of but someone on stampede did: i bet there are a very good number of guys playing for prime now (and against him) that could play at the p5 level and especially for CU right now. if they do get the admissions and transfer stuff sorted, we could see some pretty interesting roster building.

it would propel us back into the conversation. it would bring boosters and a whole bunch of new nil money. it would get the attention of a ton of recruits who literally were not alive when CU was a powerhouse.

you all want to take a moonshot? this is the one to go for.

we get him and everything changes. it may not ultimately work out, but his brand is on another level from what we have seen around here for a very long time. and i honestly don't give a **** if he views this as a stepping stone. if he gets here and we do the right stuff from a support standpoint then one of 2 things will happen: 1. he leaves and we are in a better spot or 2. he gets a god like contract and we are off to the races again. either result is good.
The fact that national journalists are even talking about it being possible puts us more in the conversation than we have been since 2016.

It'd be boring if we all just accepted Bronco and Grimes as our best possible candidates and waited for us to end up with someone exponentially worse. Do you regret when we all got to dream about hiring Brennan Marion before inevitably hiring Mike Sanford? Well.. actually, nevermind.
I ended up not regretting it because @The Alabaster Yak paid for my wife and I to eat at Mother Wolf in LA…

Nah, I thought a BWalk was when you jinx something that actually could happen. This one is straight up Fantasy Island.
That’s the original meaning. I think BWalk has evolved into generally jinxing anything that we hope to happen…

Ok. Fvck it. I'm going to just come out and admit that this is a real possibility. I don't know if RG can close, but it's real. Please. One time. Let it be Prime Time.
In Pain GIF by MOODMAN

Back