What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deion Sanders - HC Jackson State

Does anyone know what kind of offense or defense he might run here? I haven’t watched jackson state.

Does anyone know what kind of offense or defense he might run here? I haven’t watched jackson state.
If Travaris Robinson is our DC, he likes to play bump & run man coverage. Some influencers are Will Muschamp and Manny Diaz who he worked under. In an article I read, he talked about how all the stuff about disrupting timing, attacking/swarming, and forcing turnovers are commonalities but he blitzes less than Diaz.

If Tony Alford is OC, it's harder to know what he'll want to do. He's worked under some passing game focused coaches and coached some WR & Slot (Kragthorpe, Weis, Neuheisel, Day). But he's also primarily a RB/RGC coach and a lot of time under Brian Kelly and Urban Meyer, who are about power running attacks that are focused on setting up chunk plays (their philosophies are that games are won by controlling the LOS while generating more explosive plays than your opponent).

If Travaris Robinson is our DC, he likes to play bump & run man coverage. Some influencers are Will Muschamp and Manny Diaz who he worked under. In an article I read, he talked about how all the stuff about disrupting timing, attacking/swarming, and forcing turnovers are commonalities but he blitzes less than Diaz.

If Tony Alford is OC, it's harder to know what he'll want to do. He's worked under some passing game focused coaches and coached some WR & Slot (Kragthorpe, Weis, Neuheisel, Day). But he's also primarily a RB/RGC coach and a lot of time under Brian Kelly and Urban Meyer, who are about power running attacks that are focused on setting up chunk plays (their philosophies are that games are won by controlling the LOS while generating more explosive plays than your opponent).

My read on Prime in this is that we shouldn't look at him through the lens of other coaching candidates and searches.

He doesn't need his agent to get his name out and attached to jobs. He doesn't need to play the game of creating leverage in negotiations.

He knows he can get on any podcast, radio show or tv show - whether it's sports programming or not - any time he wants. His significant other is a media heavyweight. He knows what he's worth. He can become an endorser of just about any company's product. He can do business deals where he's got ownership stakes.

He got into this for different reasons. He's giving back. He found he loved working with kids. He loves this time with his sons. He loves helping his assistants advance in their careers. He loves making an impact in his community. He loves being a role model and advocate for black folks getting opportunities.

One of his main messages is honesty. He will always tell the truth as he sees it. If he doesn't want to answer a question, he doesn't lie or tell a half truth - he says what he's willing to say and that's it.

So when he says he has a CCG coming up and he's committed to JSU through this season, we should 100% believe that. He's said he'd listen and he's interested in a P5 opportunity. He acknowledged CU. He's not committing until he's done with his current commitment. His agent and those in negotiations with him know damn well that if they leak things against his wishes, he's done with them.

Therefore, we wait until at least Saturday and very likely get some great news. And if Coach Prime becomes a Buff, we can trust that he will be honest and upfront about whether he's exploring other opportunities, retiring from coaching, or whatever. We won't have any reason to worry or speculate because he'll tell us how it is.
I’ll be honest - because he needs approximately $0.00; his commitment to supporting black communities and the underprivileged is pretty much why I’ve been so skeptical about HIM coming to Boulder.

I’ll be honest - because he needs approximately $0.00; his commitment to supporting black communities and the underprivileged is pretty much why I’ve been so skeptical about HIM coming to Boulder.
My feelings in the beginning were that CU would not be willing to make dramatic changes to its goals and practices to have the balls to target Coach Prime as the guy to lead the program and be the most prominent public face of the university. And that even if all of that miraculously came together, Coach Prime would not choose CU as the situation he was looking for.

This whole thing to me is as shocking as if I discovered that the reason Ralphie V retired was that she had given birth to a unicorn.

My feelings in the beginning were that CU would not be willing to make dramatic changes to its goals and practices to have the balls to target Coach Prime as the guy to lead the program and be the most prominent public face of the university. And that even if all of that miraculously came together, Coach Prime would not choose CU as the situation he was looking for.

This whole thing to me is as shocking as if I discovered that the reason Ralphie V retired was that she had given birth to a unicorn.
1670081451766.png

Back