What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Derek Mason, Vanderbilt HC

DEREK MASON =
giphy.gif

Just down some kool-aids and let the juice flow with positive thoughts.

Before the Vandy-ND game this year, he said that "We play in the SEC. I don't worry about going to South Bend."

I think Mason, and/or his agent, are pushing this. He is on the brink of getting a new AD. He has had some moderate success but doesn’t have a strong resume to show his new boss and feels a bit vulnerable. We are the best job on the market. It makes sense to make overtures our way.

My only concern is if we are striking out with the top assistants but I refuse to believe that is the case.

In RG I (still) trust.

I'm just not gonna say anything, I'll jinx the **** out of us.:D. I speak, we'll probably hire Hawk.

I see why our base would not get behind this guy given our history, but I will go on record stating we may look back in five and cry we missed him.

But count me in as a no anyway!

You don't like the idea of risking over $10 million so that we can replace our current coach with a new coach who has a worse record?

Better not take that over to the 247 board. Half of them seem to love the idea or at least are talking themselves into it.
You should probably write a letter ;)

You don't like the idea of risking over $10 million so that we can replace our current coach with a new coach who has a worse record?

Better not take that over to the 247 board. Half of them seem to love the idea or at least are talking themselves into it.

No god no!

I don't see the BuffStampede update as anything more than the same speculation generated from his non-answer. Adam needed something to write about and that was the prominent idea yesterday. There is nothing to suggest that Mason should even remain a Head Coach at Vanderbilt, much less get a promotion and probable pay raise to Colorado.

This reminds me of when everybody freaked out when the Tumpkin hire was leaked and everybody thought he was the DC hire at first.

I don't see the BuffStampede update as anything more than the same speculation generated from his non-answer. Adam needed something to write about and that was the prominent idea yesterday. There is nothing to suggest that Mason should even remain a Head Coach at Vanderbilt, much less get a promotion and probable pay raise to Colorado.

This reminds me of when everybody freaked out when the Tumpkin hire was leaked and everybody thought he was the DC hire at first.
So Mason to CU as DC confirmed!

Yeah I don't see this happening-Mason's agent leaked this, and it somehow took on more of a life of its own since. There's been NOTHING out of the AD since the firing./

I hope you’re right!

A Mason hiring would lots of season ticket cancellations, and CU would get laughed at. RG isn't a stupid man. This won't happen.

A Mason hiring would lots of season ticket cancellations, and CU would get laughed at. RG isn't a stupid man. This won't happen.
If he were to be hired, would any reporter at the PC have the balls to ask something along the lines of, "You stated winning championships was your goal. Why do you believe a coach with a 24-37 record, 5 (possibly 6) straight losing seasons, and a lower winning percentage than the coach you just fired can meet that goal?" If I were Howell or Adam, I'd ask that question, mic drop.... and then go find a new college team to cover.

If he were to be hired, would any reporter at the PC have the balls to ask something along the lines of, "You stated winning championships was your goal. Why do you believe a coach with a 24-37 record, 5 (possibly 6) straight losing seasons, and a lower winning percentage than the coach you just fired can meet that goal?" If I were Howell or Adam, I'd ask that question, mic drop.... and then go find a new college team to cover.
We'd be the laughing stock of college football for about 15 minutes.

Back