What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Email Todd Saliman About Transfer Rules

It's not an "Either/Or" situation. But I think that squeeky wheel gets the oil, and the transfer/admission issue is much more critical. I don't think the message that it has to be fixed should be diluted (I recognize I am probably overinflating the importance of fans/boosters raising the attention of this)
So it’s not an either/or situation, but we should pick one or the other?

Kelli still banging away about the training table on Twitter.

If she is the important donor she has been alleged to be, wouldn't she have a better channel to communicate grievances with the AD than on twitter?

It comes across very poorly, in my opinion, both with respect to her and to the program. Perhaps that's what she's going for, in terms of the program. But I doubt important donors at other major programs sit around tweeting their grievances with the AD.

If she is the important donor she has been alleged to be, wouldn't she have a better channel to communicate grievances with the AD than on twitter?

It comes across very poorly, in my opinion, both with respect to her and to the program. Perhaps that's what she's going for, in terms of the program. But I doubt important donors at other major programs sit around tweeting their grievances with the AD.
She's a booster, but I'm not sure how "important". She has pledged $5m to the AD at a date to be determined, but who knows how much she donates currently. Regardless I believe someone mentioned that she has basically been shut out of any donor/booster related communication by RG, because of how critical she has been on Twitter.

She's a booster, but I'm not sure how "important". She has pledged $5m to the AD at a date to be determined, but who knows how much she donates currently. Regardless I believe someone mentioned that she has basically been shut out of any donor/booster related communication by RG, because of how critical she has been on Twitter.
Because George is the biggest fvcking ❄️ there is.

Anybody who rates a puff piece as a donor is not somebody you alienate if you have a lick of sense.

Rich cute white woman not getting enough attention?

Dude.

She literally made the biggest endowment in CU AD history.

Just stop before you embarrass yourself.

I know this isn't addressed to me, but:

Endowment (i.e., interest or dividends can be spent, but not principal) is probably a relatively short list compared to straight donations. Endowments, in my experience, are more likely to be used for a scholarship or coaching to be funded, wholly or in part.

What's more, the photo they shared at the time refers to it as a "estate commitment."

So CU may not have a penny of it now, she can probably revoke in her lifetime, and so on.

We really don't know the ins and outs, but the fact she's screaming into void on twitter suggests her actual pull is limited, in my opinion.

I know this isn't addressed to me, but:

Endowment (i.e., interest or dividends can be spent, but not principal) is probably a relatively short list compared to straight donations. Endowments, in my experience, are more likely to be used for a scholarship or coaching to be funded, wholly or in part.

What's more, the photo they shared at the time refers to it as a "estate commitment."

So CU may not have a penny of it now, she can probably revoke in her lifetime, and so on.

We really don't know the ins and outs, but the fact she's screaming into void on twitter suggests her actual pull is limited, in my opinion.
I'm thinking someone offers up millions of dollars of something, endowment or not, you should be appreciative. If they have shut her out that sends a bad message. ( gimme your money but shut up)

I'm thinking someone offers up millions of dollars of something, endowment or not you should be appreciative.
Of course, but there is a point to be made that Kelli is known as a “big booster” specifically because of this endowment, but if we’re being honest, a promise to donate years and years down the road isn’t the same as donating now and probably doesn’t mean much to an AD who won’t be around when those funds eventually hit, other than being able to say, “I secured this future donation”.

At some point her public scrutiny and status as the most visible booster to the fan base got tiresome and RG probably said she wasn’t worth the hassle, especially when it’s unlikely she would rescind the endowment.

I understand, but she shouldn't be blown off because they haven't received the money yet. I'm not saying the AD needs to do or listen to everything she says. Her complaints have been the same as every one else's, as far as I've seen. Imo it's an example of RG of being a snowflake that can't take any criticism.

Again, I think it's a bad message to send to potential donors and my guess would be they don't have many donors offering up millions of dollars, now or for the future.

Why do you say that?
Because rescinding a donation you’ve committed to is a really bad look no matter what, but even worse when it’s ear marked to help students and the reason you’re rescinding it is some petty bull**** between you and a prior AD (Rick George will be long gone from CU when the donation hits)

"Appreciative" and "indulging every whim and passing thought that goes out on twitter" are pretty different.

My general point is that I've seen people with actual influence operate, and this almost the diametric opposite what those folks do. Money talks while wealth whispers and so on and so on.

No doubt, at the moment, she's the most visible. But I highly doubt she is the most important, or even nearly so.

The transfers issue is very real, and the meal thing potentially so, but her attempt to remedy it in 140 characters or less is not accretive, in my opinion.

Because rescinding a donation you’ve committed to is a really bad look no matter what, but even worse when it’s ear marked to help students and the reason you’re rescinding it is some petty bull**** between you and a prior AD (Rick George will be long gone from CU when the donation hits)
No one knows until you're dead.

I agree with Yak on that. I think she might rescind because of the current AD. If I was her I'd be considering it until systemic changes are made.
So you’re not with me? I said it’s unlikely she would rescind it. Would be an extremely bad look. She could rescind it with a stipulation that changes need to be made but then she looks like she’s trying to run ****, and that’s not good either.

No one knows until you're dead.
I guess she could quietly rescind it in her will or something without tell CU? Not sure how that works, but with the pettiness between her and RG on social the past few years, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was made public

So you’re not with me? I said it’s unlikely she would rescind it. Would be an extremely bad look. She could rescind it with a stipulation that changes need to be made but then she looks like she’s trying to run ****, and that’s not good either.
I misread your post. The changes she wants are the changes everyone wants (transfer limitations) and they are changes that are needed in order to compete. Maybe twitter isn't the best way to go about it but for all we know she's had these discussions in private and they blew her off, which isn't too far-fetched imo.

I guess she could quietly rescind it in her will or something without tell CU? Not sure how that works, but with the pettiness between her and RG on social the past few years, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was made public
Often in the agreements to contribute through one's estate, there are contractual terms that give the donee a claim against the estate if the will is changed. Especially if there is publicity, even more so if a building is named after someone. I have no idea if those kind of stipulations exist here.

a bunch of you folks have written to todd and you feel you have some agency regardless of how much you have donated to the CUAD.

bagging on a large donor for publicly expressing her concern for the state of a clearly broken program is dumb.
'
you don't have to agree with her (and i think the training table kerfuffle is a side track) to respect that she has put a substantial amount of money where her mouth is. have you done the same?

also, the idea that her donation doesn't "count" because of when it may be realized is stupid, short-sighted, and so on-brand for a lot of our fan base.

a bunch of you folks have written to todd and you feel you have some agency regardless of how much you have donated to the CUAD.

bagging on a large donor for publicly expressing her concern for the state of a clearly broken program is dumb.
'
you don't have to agree with her (and i think the training table kerfuffle is a side track) to respect that she has put a substantial amount of money where her mouth is. have you done the same?

also, the idea that her donation doesn't "count" because of when it may be realized is stupid, short-sighted, and so on-brand for a lot of our fan base.
Completely agree. Kelli loves the Buffs and is trying her best to turn this thing around. Up until recently, she had RG’s ear. But when she continually pushed him to deliver a vision for the program, he shut her down. I will continue to like Kelli’s tweets all day long. Wish we had 100 more vocal donors like her.

There is a line between whining and constructive criticism. The CUAD deserves a lot of criticism. I think the debate here is whether Kelli is being constructive or not.

CU just fired a coach mid season, which is what Kelli wanted. It might be time for her to put down the stick and get the carrots out again. Nevertheless, I appreciate that she is engaged and cares.

i would add that in the pantheon of Buff fan dumb-assery, which includes:

"dave logan should be the next hc"

"we need coaches that 'bleed black n gold'"

"the flatirons and boulder are all the recruiting we need"

we should now add:

"we love to attack a prominent booster for stating an opinion and we use gender as a part of the attack"

some of you people suck.

Back