What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

even kelce + swift and a beatdown can't stop our coverage

i think she is awesome!

i also think that too much is never enough; and that most people are good natured; and that i am willing to donate UK's liver to science if we can get a Prime Time + Swift new series on amazon.

200.gif

Let’s veer away. What’s are your 3 favorite Murder She Wrote episodes? Do you think Aunt Bee was a positive or negative influence on Opie?
Let me end this line of thought by saying I've never seen a single Murder She Wrote episode and I didn't watch much of the Andy Griffith show either.

As such, I don't have an opinion about either. Nor do I have a need to label people who do enjoy those things.

Let me end this line of thought by saying I've never seen a single Murder She Wrote episode and I didn't watch much of the Andy Griffith show either.

As such, I don't have an opinion about either. Nor do I have a need to label people who do enjoy those things.
Thank you for your input.

Tickets to that game could legitimately fetch five figures on the low end.
I can't fathom. Swift fans will pay to see her in concert, but $10k to see her on the sidelines? What leads you to think that would drive such value?
When Taylor Swift did her two sold out Denver shows, along with all the circus attention that came with it, it occurred to me that she’s the closest thing the US has to actual Royalty. There hasn’t been an iconic performer like her since the Beatles. Maybe (and it’s debatable) Michael Jackson would be in that same category. I can’t imagine what it would be like to be Taylor Swift.
I don't follow country, but I think Garth Brooks may have been at the same level as Jackson and Swift.

I took my daughter to see her twice, quite a few years ago and it was back to back years. I will say, the show she put on was one of the best I had ever seen. Costume changes, scene changes, show elements vastly larger than most concerts. Truly an amazing amount of effort and talent went into those shows. She even rode in a bucket around the top portion of the arena to get close to the every single person at the show. My daughter got a high five her during that and it made her night.

Now, she still loves her music and is in her mid twenties but she is not going to be spending the dollars or effort to go to a show today. TS is one of the more amazing artists of our time and continues to tap into the music scene in a way few have ever done so. She has evolved, crossed over to pop and back to country and only gained fans. Not lost any. Pretty freaking amazing in all honesty.

It’s high fructose corn syrup for your ears. Lots of people really really like it. But it’s rotting their teeth and making them dumber
It seems like her last few new albums have been flavored (iced) coffee vibe for the ears. The 30/40-something set have been eating it up. Expecting the slouchy knit hats and owl necklace “aesthetic” to come roaring back.

I’m just sitting here waiting for that one revolutionary, guitar-based rock song to come and define a period…
awkward old man GIF

Last edited:
I don't think it's the same song. She's exploring a theme. There's a difference.

One of my favorite bands is The Old 97's. For decades, Rhett Miller has essentially sung about how emotionally unavailable and anxious he is and how that results in excessive drug and alcohol use and also he ****s a lot of chicks. The theme never changes, but it's often expressed in fascinating new ways. It's great!
I mean people say that AC/DC has been putting out the same song for 40-50 years…some might say that Oasis were a nuts and bolts ripoff of The Beatles…

Both my wife and daughter love T. Swift. I don’t really share my opinion of her music around them, because it really doesn’t accomplish anything by me yukking on their yum.

Swift has some catchy tunes, is marketed incredibly well (she might even be above Apple's level) and comes across as a relatively nice person that seems to care about and do more for her fans than you would expect from someone with her status. Whether that's who she really is or just part of the Swift marketing machine? Idk, but I don't mind her at all and think her music is listenable. Her looks don't hurt the brand either, btw.

I mean people say that AC/DC has been putting out the same song for 40-50 years…some might say that Oasis were a nuts and bolts ripoff of The Beatles…

Both my wife and daughter love T. Swift. I don’t really share my opinion of her music around them, because it really doesn’t accomplish anything by me yukking on their yum.
I don’t know when or why but I swear to the good lord above that at some point in my life I am going to yuk someone’s yum

Swift has some catchy tunes, is marketed incredibly well (she might even be above Apple's level) and comes across as a relatively nice person that seems to care about and do more for her fans than you would expect from someone with her status. Whether that's who she really is or just part of the Swift marketing machine? Idk, but I don't mind her at all and think her music is listenable. Her looks don't hurt the brand either, btw.
I seem to remember that early on she partnered with one of the studio execs who was behind abba.

Incredible catchy tunes, and then she puts just enough substance to the lyrics to drive over the top popularity.

The rockist school of criticism (which most white, cis, 35 year old men - aka typical Allbuffs poster - subscribe to)

Does

Not

Appreciate.

The popism or popist school of criticism finds it to possibly be the pinnacle of achievement.

But, at the end of the day, since nearly all women from 12-30 like her work, and they're going to be running the world in a few decades, I figure I need to work on accepting it.

I recently worked with a guy who was newly hired and when I asked him where he was before he said he was one of Taylor Swift‘s pilots.

He said she was very nice, kind and mostly down to earth. There were some eccentricities but nothing way over the top, he said. She was never snotty or stuck up to others and treated everyone very well. He left because the schedule was just too unpredictable with a wife and small kids at home.

I seem to remember that early on she partnered with one of the studio execs who was behind abba.

Incredible catchy tunes, and then she puts just enough substance to the lyrics to drive over the top popularity.

The rockist school of criticism (which most white, cis, 35 year old men - aka typical Allbuffs poster - subscribe to)

Does

Not

Appreciate.

The popism or popist school of criticism finds it to possibly be the pinnacle of achievement.

But, at the end of the day, since nearly all women from 12-30 like her work, and they're going to be running the world in a few decades, I figure I need to work on accepting it.
this is trooooof.

she definitely doing something great. therefore, god bless and i do not begrudge any of it. i will stick with what i like and hopefully the swiftys will not punish me for my incalcitrance.

Big Ang Dancing GIF by VH1

I think I've seen some content with that picture of the Kelce brothers at the baseball game 20+ times today

Back