What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

even kelce + swift and a beatdown can't stop our coverage

I have a history of disliking her music. Not for me.

But she released an album during COVID that was excellent. Like her or not, she’s really talented. And her music has evolved so much, I’m not really connecting with your comment.
Is she not writing songs about her ex boyfriend du jour any longer? What does she sing about now?

i couldn't name a single song of swift, nor a single lyric or chord or album. but she is a cultural phenomenon and it is impossible to miss that part. my friends with tween to teen age girls all bitch about the ticket prices.

i listen to tons and tons of music via sat radio, via ota, and streaming. she hasn't ever appeared on a single playlist or station across any genre i listen to. this includes all the forms of rock programming, a lot of the forms of americana style country, a lot of forms of jazz, a lot of classical, even some classic american song book stuff too and not one appearance by ms. swift. ever.

i had this very conversation with a twenty-something at a work party and she was pulling up songs, albums, lyrics, and video on her phone. ... all unrecognizable to me.

this is why this is the perfect crossover for our Buffs and for the nfl/kelce... huge opportunity to grow her reach.

Prime Time + swift = world domination.

Taylor Swift Thats Cool GIF by The Voice

I heard the "and I'll write your name" song 4 times in one day about a month ago and finally got so sick of it I looked it up and sure enough it was one of her songs from 2014.

y’all need to go back to December and recall how mean other teams were to us. Somehow Rick George and crew went through like 13 different coaching candidates before hiring Coach Prime and now the commentators that loved him before treat him like some antihero. How quickly we forget this enchanted season started with that change and fearless recruiting in the transfer portal.

Is she not writing songs about her ex boyfriend du jour any longer? What does she sing about now?
So would you say she’s perfected the art of taking one song and remaking it 100+ times, just in a more complex way?
I get it that you don't get it, but my god, I don't think my opinions on popular music influence what happens in popular music.

What she is doing is top tier, arguably higher than Michael Jackson and anything prior.

Try to be relevant.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

It’s high fructose corn syrup for your ears. Lots of people really really like it. But it’s rotting their teeth and making them dumber

Ok, Boomer, how does listening to Taylor Swift or any musician make one dumber? Music gatekeeping is one of the most annoying types of gatekeeping. It's a subjective art. I have no idea why someone would belittle someone for liking music they don't.

I just asked my girls.

My 9yo said she likes:

1. Nicki Minaj
2. Ice Spice
3. Taylor Swift

My 12yo said:

1. Nicki Minaj
2. Shakira (really?)
3. Taylor Swift

Both my girls said they were not "Swifties," but mentioned her in the top 3 nonetheless.

I think girls universally like Taylor Swift - which is why she's probably the biggest star in the world.

So would you say she’s perfected the art of taking one song and remaking it 100+ times, just in a more complex way?
I don't think it's the same song. She's exploring a theme. There's a difference.

One of my favorite bands is The Old 97's. For decades, Rhett Miller has essentially sung about how emotionally unavailable and anxious he is and how that results in excessive drug and alcohol use and also he ****s a lot of chicks. The theme never changes, but it's often expressed in fascinating new ways. It's great!

Ok, Boomer, how does listening to Taylor Swift or any musician make one dumber? Music gatekeeping is one of the most annoying types of gatekeeping. It's a subjective art. I have no idea why someone would belittle someone for liking music they don't.
I’ll post a witty reply in a while. Murder She Wrote is on. That Angela Landsbery is a dame!

y’all need to go back to December and recall how mean other teams were to us. Somehow Rick George and crew went through like 13 different coaching candidates before hiring Coach Prime and now the commentators that loved him before treat him like some antihero. How quickly we forget this enchanted season started with that change and fearless recruiting in the transfer portal.

That's the title of one of her songs. Coincidence?

This summer, one of my friends was trying to figure out if she is singing about the craft. There may be some knowledge there.

She may be far cooler than I realize.

I get it that you don't get it, but my god, I don't think my opinions on popular music influence what happens in popular music.

What she is doing is top tier, arguably higher than Michael Jackson and anything prior.

Try to be relevant.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN
I never claimed she wasn’t a superstar. Exactly the opposite, in fact. I just don’t think she has much range as a songwriter. It’s possible to recognize her as a cultural icon while acknowledging her narrow musical range. It’s not against any kind of rule to do what she’s done. Hell, lots of musicians do the same thing. She’s really good at it, but that doesn’t change what she’s doing. She’s performed hundreds of songs about the same thing.

right! burn all these mofos to the ground. we have been saved and now we will still steal your swift and your best recruits and laugh at you.

taylor swift bullying GIF

Back