What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Dumpster fire 2.0 raging. Embree level bad (or worse because no recruiting). By the end of this season CU will once again be the laughingstock of CFB. That didn't take long. People look at us much the same as they look at UMass or NMSU fans. Why do they even care? Why do they keep playing football?

The damage done by this season will have long-lasting repercussions.

RG has likely already contacted Mike MacIntyre to come put this fire out once again and get us back to a perennial 5 W per season program.
History repeats.

Why does UMass continue to play football at the D1 level?

How I'm looking at things is that we're on a 6-game losing streak (I don't count games against FCS) and will next play a home game against one of the worst teams in the nation after having had 2 weeks to prepare.

Absolute must win. There can't be any moral victories about improvement for a game like this within the context of the situation.

How I'm looking at things is that we're on a 6-game losing streak (I don't count games against FCS) and will next play a home game against one of the worst teams in the nation after having had 2 weeks to prepare.

Absolute must win. There can't be any moral victories about improvement for a game like this within the context of the situation.
Yeah, if CU craps the bed on this one...

I have only missed maybe 5 home games in the last 20+ years and I am done. I need to see some true progress and changes by the uppers.... I know they could give a crap about my few thousand a year + concessions and gear... but I have to try and step away. It's hard, been doing this for a long time but until they take some monetary hits we will keep suffering.

Absolute must win or what? I’m fully prepared to be disappointed after the Arizona game

I have only missed maybe 5 home games in the last 20+ years and I am done. I need to see some true progress and changes by the uppers.... I know they could give a crap about my few thousand a year + concessions and gear... but I have to try and step away. It's hard, been doing this for a long time but until they take some monetary hits we will keep suffering.
Im with you. Had season tix for 20 years. I may go to one more game for my kids but I am not sure I will continue to pay for this quality of product.

And then ask G Barnett to step in in the interim. Maybe keep Cabral on to assist.
I wondered about that. I cannot imagine the admin would do that, but it would make sense from a FB perspective. GB is not going to get another job because of his age. He is savvy enough to get the best this team can do (and I think they are not performing to the level they are capable), and he would probably relish the opportunity to be on the sidelines of Folsom one more time, if even only for a few games.

As good as that sounds, we would still have RG finding our next coach (which I find petrifying) and the same admin that cannot get out of its own way.

No. No Barnett. No former Buffs. No more living in the past. JFC, 95% of CU’s problems are related to being obsessed with former Buffs (look at our damn AD for proof). We sound like nebraska.

New blood. New ideas. New everything. GB and others can feel free to give the new administration/staff/whatever suggestions but that’s it.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We’re clinically insane.

No. No Barnett. No former Buffs. No more living in the past. JFC, 95% of CU’s problems are related to being obsessed with former Buffs (look at our damn AD for proof). We sound like ****braska.

New blood. New ideas. New everything. GB and others can feel free to give the new administration/staff/whatever suggestions but that’s it.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We’re clinically insane.
I wasn't saying GB for anything but an interim if they can HCKD during this season. Does anybody here think he could possibly be worse? I don't.

After the interim, I would be in favor of a full national search. I would not want RG anywhere near it.

It is all academic, because I think there is absolutely no way HCKD isn't the coach through the 2022 season.

Barnett is in his 70’s. Asking a guy like that to step in as an interim head coach is asking for a lot of trouble. Really bad idea.
It’s a moot point anyway. KD isn’t going anywhere until at the conclusion of 2022 at the earliest. He will be given the opportunity to re-set his assistants as he sees fit and that will be the last bit of rope he is afforded.

Barnett is in his 70’s. Asking a guy like that to step in as an interim head coach is asking for a lot of trouble. Really bad idea.
It’s a moot point anyway. KD isn’t going anywhere until at the conclusion of 2022 at the earliest. He will be given the opportunity to re-set his assistants as he sees fit and that will be the last bit of rope he is afforded.
AF7C3985-3940-4827-BD92-B3E761A31A62.jpeg

If they don't beat Arizona then we have officially reached the depths not seen since Drake.

That said in no way does beating Arizona signify anything is okay.

We would still almost certainly end up with a 2 win season, one of those against a bad FCS school.

If we lose to Arizona, we will emotionally and verbally uppercut and roundhouse the HC and whole offensive and recruiting staff until they die from it.
How'd I do deNiro? :sneaky:

If we lose to Arizona, we will emotionally and verbally uppercut and roundhouse the HC and whole offensive and recruiting staff until they die from it.
How'd I do deNiro? :sneaky:
A little complicated. You just need to kill them until they die from it.

Back