What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

I am so over this dude. He needs to go ASAP. He should sack up and quit. Admit he suks and hit the bricks. No clue on adjustments, doesn't know how to handle the staff, and nepotism. There 8s a reason he was a WR coach and teams not beating on his door. His dry ass personality suks even more. I could not get fired up or inspired by listening to him, who can? Until this turkey is gone we are going to keep this deep dive of suktatude going. If he truly cared you would hear or see it in his preparation and work ethic. Go back to Florida Dude YOU SUCK

This kind of pissed me off from yesterday's Brian Howell Chat -

This was from a poster-

• a day ago
    Despite everything, I like our chances this Sat, especially if Landman is back. UW appeared to be inspired at the beginning of their game with ASU, then kind of blew it. I think we get a deflated team with a bad offense. If we can beat these guys there's at least a little hope before we get gashed by UU. Regarding UW, I agree that Lake made some stupid moves, but if they were fireable would they fire him with cause? He's cringey like MM, for sure, but MM lasted a while. KD shoved a cameraman (not wearing pads). Lake was fired because he was losing, and honestly UW started tanking as Petersen jumped ship. Even the Buffs beat them.
    • Likes0
    1992Buff

This was Howell's response -
  • a day ago
    MacIntyre lasted a while because the program improved under his watch. They were better in 2014 than in 2013, better in 2015, and much better in 2016. ... Dorrell didn't "shove" a cameraman. He brushed a camera that was in his way as he ran off the field. No, he shouldn't have done it, but he didn't shove a cameraman. .... Ultimately, Lake got fired because he was losing, and losing his locker room and his actions weren't good of late.
Howell is so far up Dorell's ass he knows what coach had for lunch. It most certainly was a shove and not a brush & the cameraman was NOT in the way.

This was from a poster-

• a day ago
    Despite everything, I like our chances this Sat, especially if Landman is back. UW appeared to be inspired at the beginning of their game with ASU, then kind of blew it. I think we get a deflated team with a bad offense. If we can beat these guys there's at least a little hope before we get gashed by UU. Regarding UW, I agree that Lake made some stupid moves, but if they were fireable would they fire him with cause? He's cringey like MM, for sure, but MM lasted a while. KD shoved a cameraman (not wearing pads). Lake was fired because he was losing, and honestly UW started tanking as Petersen jumped ship. Even the Buffs beat them.
    • Likes0
    1992Buff

• a day ago
    MacIntyre lasted a while because the program improved under his watch. They were better in 2014 than in 2013, better in 2015, and much better in 2016. ... Dorrell didn't "shove" a cameraman. He brushed a camera that was in his way as he ran off the field. No, he shouldn't have done it, but he didn't shove a cameraman. .... Ultimately, Lake got fired because he was losing, and losing his locker room and his actions weren't good of late.
Howell is so far up Dorell's ass he knows what coach had for lunch. It most certainly was a shove and not a brush & the cameraman was NOT in the way.
Brian "Pravda" Howell. I get it. He doesn't want to lose his gig. Asking tough questions jeopardizes his meal ticket and probably would not change the trajectory of the clown car. While all of that may be true, I don't have to respect it.

This was from a poster-

• a day ago
    • Likes0
    1992Buff

• a day ago

He's too nice for the gig. It comes off as a being a stooge for the AD. I can't read him anymore. He's the least critical reporter I've ever seen. His tweet today about players and bowl eligibility was laughable.

He's too nice for the gig. It comes off as a being a stooge for the AD. I can't read him anymore. He's the least critical reporter I've ever seen. His tweet today about players and bowl eligibility was laughable.
Really? That was pretty interesting actually and very revealing about just how bad this year has been. I definitely forgot we haven’t had a “meaningless” game since 2015

Really? That was pretty interesting actually and very revealing about just how bad this year has been. I definitely forgot we haven’t had a “meaningless” game since 2015

I didn't find it all that interesting since we've been to two bowl games since then and got manhandled in both. It was his patented "Hey, let's look on the bright side!" schtick, which has gotten really old.

I didn't find it all that interesting since we've been to two bowl games since then and got manhandled in both. It was his patented "Hey, let's look on the bright side!" schtick, which has gotten really old.
How in the hell was that a hey look at the bright side post? There is no bright side, he is pointing out how bad it is even compared to other bad years.

I guess I am missing the significance of this pleasant picture.
That is John Henderson, the former Denver Post sports reporter, who routinely lambasted the CU football team. People bitched a lot about him (and you could fairly argue that he took some low shots). Now we have a reporter that asks softball questions, and generally writes favorable articles, and everyone complains that he is a stooge of the AD. The picture was illustrating the irony of both viewpoints....too nice, too mean. Sob, sob, sob.

The fact is that the local press has never had jack **** to do with how the CU football team performs. The reality is that the BoR all the way down through the chancellor and into the AD run a bad athletics department. I would also argue the past and current management run the entire university system poorly. Given how much wealth and population has flowed into Colorado over the last 25 years, the university should be killing it overall. At best, CU has treaded water.

Last edited:
That is John Henderson, the former Denver Post sports reporter, who routinely lambasted the CU football team. People bitched a lot about him (and you could fairly argue that he took some low shots). Now we have a reporter that asks softball questions, and generally writes favorable articles, and everyone complains that he is a stooge of the AD. The picture was illustrating the irony of both viewpoints....too nice, too mean. Sob, sob, sob.

The fact is that the local press has never had jack **** to do with how the CU football performs. The reality is that the BoR all the way down through the chancellor and into the AD run a bad athletics department. I would also argue the past and current management run the entire university system poorly. Given how much wealth and population has flowed into Colorado over the last 25 years, the university should be killing it overall. At best, CU has treaded water.
Ahh, it was the lack of female gymnasts in the picture that threw me.

How in the hell was that a hey look at the bright side post? There is no bright side, he is pointing out how bad it is even compared to other bad years.

Seriously? Isn't saying there have been no "meaningless games" saying things aren't that bad? It's Howell saying, despite the fans complaining, they're always in bowl contention.

Seriously? Isn't saying there have been no "meaningless games" saying things aren't that bad? It's Howell saying, despite the fans complaining, they're always in bowl contention.
How is pointing out we aren’t in bowl contention with 2 games left for the first time in 5 years in any way a positive or saying that fans are complaining too much?

I personally know Neil.
He has a great gig. One that was worth coming back to Colorado for.

He's well aware of the issues that plague the program.
He is well aware of problems, but can’t talk about them? That seems like a strange role for a journalist.

Woelk is basically in public relations for the AD. “Reports” and “journals” for the department, so of course it’s going to be 100% spin.

My only point in an earlier post was that while I don’t have much respect for B Howell’s spin, it pales in comparison to what Woelk is asked to produce.

He is well aware of problems, but can’t talk about them? That seems like a strange role for a journalist.
He’s not a journalist in the strict sense of the term. He’s the CU AD mouthpiece. As such, he is paid to not be objective.

Woelk is basically in public relations for the AD. “Reports” and “journals” for the department, so of course it’s going to be 100% spin.

My only point in an earlier post was that while I don’t have much respect for B Howell’s spin, it pales in comparison to what Woelk is asked to produce.
I am not following what point you are trying to make here about Neil.

You want him to spin stuff but know that is not possible in his role?

The fact is that the local press has never had jack **** to do with how the CU football team performs. The reality is that the BoR all the way down through the chancellor and into the AD run a bad athletics department. I would also argue the past and current management run the entire university system poorly. Given how much wealth and population has flowed into Colorado over the last 25 years, the university should be killing it overall. At best, CU has treaded water.
The rankings have fallen as well. UF, otoh, has ascended to top 10 public in some rankings. And they charges less.

Back