What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

I was already out on KD the football coach - but I'm all the way out on KD as a leader and a guy with high character too. Bush league.

In other words, I am so marginally competent, I went out and hired a HS OL coach, and had no idea the QC guy was way more qualified, even after 20 months on the job. Wow, I can't wait to learn something else.

In other words, I am so marginally competent, I went out and hired a HS OL coach, and had no idea the QC guy was way more qualified, even after 20 months on the job. Wow, I can't wait to learn something else.
I honestly don't think KD knows enough about OL play and technique to insert himself in the coaching aspect of that position group or do more than take other people's recommendations on OL coaches (rumored to be how Rod ended up here). He is truly unqualified for a HC coaching position at this point in time.

I honestly don't think KD knows enough about OL play and technique to insert himself in the coaching aspect of that position group or do more than take other people's recommendations on OL coaches (rumored to be how Rod ended up here). He is truly unqualified for a HC coaching position at this point in time.
This- I posted in another thread that if the staff in charge of the offense (i.e. KD, Chev, and probably Langsdorf to an extent) had virtually no experience in coaching the OL at this level, it was negligent (at best) to hire a guy who'd never coached OL at the P5 level and hadn't coached college in 2 seasons.

This quote reinforces my perception that the offensive leadership doesn't know anything about OL play, to the point where Rodrigue was allowed to do his own (incompetent) thing, and they couldn't even recognize it.

This- I posted in another thread that if the staff in charge of the offense (i.e. KD, Chev, and probably Langsdorf to an extent) had virtually no experience in coaching the OL at this level, it was negligent (at best) to hire a guy who'd never coached OL at the P5 level and hadn't coached college in 2 seasons.

This quote reinforces my perception that the offensive leadership doesn't know anything about OL play, to the point where Rodrigue was allowed to do his own (incompetent) thing, and they couldn't even recognize it.
This is exactly right. It proves that when KD stated he didn’t know why the OL couldn’t block anyone he was actually telling the truth.

we’ve got 1 chance to get a whole new offensive staff this off-season with an established system without KD involvement or this program may not get back up.

I think it's why Dorrell has essentially said, "I don't know" after pretty much every game when asked about the protection issues and offensive woes, in general.

I'm also wondering if it's why it took him so long to make a change.

The clueless head coach said, after getting routed and giving up 52 points:
"I feel better... we did a great deal of execution and it worked for us"

I'm torn, who is more incompetent, Chev or Dorrell.

Last edited:
Reactions: wip

Translation: I’m glad that our offense put in an effort today, even if it was for one quarter…and flashed here and there through out the game.

the defense…well, that’s not my specialty…but I *may* poke my head into that room this week…

We freaking gave up 52 points..Wilson is a horrible DC...

In general, KD seems like he’d so much rather be somewhere else than doing what he’s doing.

Here’s a prediction: After an underwhelming season next year, KD approaches RG and initiates a graceful negotiated exit at a price everyone’s relatively happy with.

In general, KD seems like he’d so much rather be somewhere else than doing what he’s doing.

Here’s a prediction: After an underwhelming season next year, KD approaches RG and initiates a graceful negotiated exit at a price everyone’s relatively happy with.
That sounded great until I realized RG and LC would be in charge of the next hire.

I really wish you had a better track record on predictions, because I'd really like you to be right about this.

I really think that a good HC could effectively coach any position on one side of the ball. And they could not embarrass themselves coaching most positions on the other side.

Knowing enough to be able to see and specifically complement the progress players are making in practice makes players want to play for you.

But when they know the head guy can't tell if they're doing it right or not...

Mickey Pruitt, being put in the CU Hall of Fame, said that Bill Mac redshirted the entire '83 class, except for Embree and Reinhardt.

Has that ever been done anyplace else?

What if KD had redshirted this entire class, looking ahead to next year?

Mickey Pruitt, being put in the CU Hall of Fame, said that Bill Mac redshirted the entire '83 class, except for Embree and Reinhardt.

Has that ever been done anyplace else?

What if KD had redshirted this entire class, looking ahead to next year?
Back in the day, meaning 40 years ago or more, lots of programs had a habit (policy?) of redshirting like that. It was a thing.

Back