What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

His ego won't allow him to be a .500 coach, no matter the paycheck. Nubs have nothing to offer. The world has passed the by. They are Fort Hays State with a bigger stadium.
Other than the monster checks they’ll write and their willingness to cover up capital crimes. Compared to Arizona State, they’re Alabama.

Other than the monster checks they’ll write and their willingness to cover up capital crimes. Compared to Arizona State, they’re Alabama.
Respectfully agree to disagree. Nubs are Kodak, what was once great serves no purpose in the modern world. Scholarship limitations, no longer has a television advantage. They are closer to KSU that OU.

Respectfully agree to disagree. Nubs are Kodak, what was once great serves no purpose in the modern world. Scholarship limitations, no longer has a television advantage. They are closer to KSU that OU.
The only thing that matters is money and coaching. They have plenty of money and he will get the coaches. They play in a weak division and will be getting nine figures a year from their conference. He’ll have to decline an opening offer of $100 million and a final offer around $150 million. I don’t see him saying no if he’s willing to come to the table.

BTW - these points you’re making apply much more to Arizona State. They are in a poor conference and have a comparably limited budget. They’re in worse shape than KState.

How would that even be possible?
I didn’t think it was possible to give up 333 rushing yards in a game and have it IMPROVE our defensive numbers for the year but if there’s one thing that the RG & KD partnership have taught me…

200.gif

What is the number it would cost to totally clean house and bring in a home run coaching staff? That would mean cleaning house of the entire football staff and the AD “upper management.” I’m thinking somewhere are kind $30 million.

Because, in my mind, our only hope right now is that Saliman has enough interest in having a successful football program that he’d be working on commitments from the big money donors to raise the necessary funds.

That scenario is a pipe dream but it’s the only way I can see us getting out of this mess. So:
  1. Clean house in the AD
  2. Hire a smart, dynamic AD
  3. Allow the new AD to clean house in the FB program
  4. Relax admission requirements for athletics at least a little
  5. Provide enough funding for a top 15 budgeted coach and staff.

That’s my dream that will never come true.

Back