What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

As much as we don't want to believe this to be the truth, it could be that RG has been burning up the phone lines to get the money to do it and can't find enough.
Doubt it-Three reasons.

1-His contract AFAIK doesn't have any language stating that the buyout will not be paid out over time...versus arrangements like the one Sumlin had with A&M.
2-Let's talk about the 2023 schedule. Nebraska comes here. So does CSU. USC will come here for the last time for the forseeable future. Gotta figure the first two are near sellouts, and USC might be close to it.
3-We could get a poll going amongst ourselves, but I think there's a big chunk of this fanbase who would probably buy tickets for one of the remaining home games if we make a midseason change.

Colorado: Has been one of the worst programs in the nation for a decade plus and is going for a winless season

David Shaw: Has won 3 P12 titles, two Rose Bowls and is a 4-time P12 COTY

CU fans: Shaw should only be considered as a coordinator. Maybe.
He won't be a candidate anyways so it doesn't matter and 'm not a giant fan of Shaw.

My point though was to highlight two things.

One is that while he is having a tough time to put him ahead of Dorrell on the hot seats is ridiculous. As you clearly detailed he has had success that Dorrell has never approached.

With this it is easy to make an argument that Shaw is an accomplished and competent college coach, I can't do that for Dorrell.

So while he isn't close to my first choice point is that if we had Shaw instead of KD at least we would have a competent coach, not a guy who is clearly over his head as a head coach.

We may not be winning big but at least we would have a team that isn't a joke nationally.

Doubt it-Three reasons.

1-His contract AFAIK doesn't have any language stating that the buyout will not be paid out over time...versus arrangements like the one Sumlin had with A&M.
2-Let's talk about the 2023 schedule. Nebraska comes here. So does CSU. USC will come here for the last time for the forseeable future. Gotta figure the first two are near sellouts, and USC might be close to it.
3-We could get a poll going amongst ourselves, but I think there's a big chunk of this fanbase who would probably buy tickets for one of the remaining home games if we make a midseason change.
I already said I would.

Regarding Shaw, I’m not sure anyone is advocating hiring him immediately if he were fired by Stanford. Shaw is a good coach that had a lot of successful years after Harbaugh’s run ended. To suggest it was all Harbaugh seems like a big stretch. He has underperformed in recent years. His brother was fighting a rare form of cancer that I’m sure didn’t help. In any case, things have run stale at Stanford and he probably needs to take a year or two off. I do potentially see him as having a decent second act much like Mack Brown has had at North Carolina or Steve Spurrier did at South Carolina.

Last edited:
I completely and 1000% agree with you. I think they shouldn’t wait a second longer to make a change. There’s a chance to create enthusiasm, drive up season ticket sales to actual Coloradoans and Buff fans. I was just saying that the numbers of season ticket holders next year will look artificially high because of the Husker fans trying to get tickets.

the potential benefits are huge to make a change ASAP. So much opportunity to make a bold statement to CU fans that the football program is on the right track.

ColoradANS

But I read all Spring and Summer on this board how they and everyone they knew were dumping their season tickets. Did that actually happen or no?

I also just can’t imagine an 0-12 season isn’t going to have an effect on it. Even if they only lose 3k season ticket holders, that’s still likely more more than Dorrell’s salary when concession and merch losses are accounted for. Of course, this also doesn’t take into consideration any stoppage of annual donations outside of season tickets.
If yesterday is any indication, I do not believe what people think here matches what people do. Plenty of people went to the game and did not boo. They acted like everything is normal.

But people paid for the tickets already, games was out of hand when people left, and the “Fire Karl” chants were inaudible on TV.
A lot of season tickets and people who purchased 3 game plans. The point is that stuff is going to stop quickly. And the chanting was clear a few times I heard it, but that hardly matters when it being tweeted out by everyone who covers the team

A lot of season tickets and people who purchased 3 game plans. The point is that stuff is going to stop quickly. And the chanting was clear a few times I heard it, but that hardly matters when it being tweeted out by everyone who covers the team
I get it. We’ll see. I think Rick George is delusional, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t paying attention.

Normally, I would think it sad that a game is out of hand when down by 14 in the first quarter. Now, I suspect a 2-0 lead on a safety may qualify as”out of hand”.
It was 21-10 and wasn’t as close as the score indicated (as demonstrated by rest of game).

I get it. We’ll see. I think Rick George is delusional, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t paying attention.
Fingers crossed that the new university president is paying attention and will not view ”standing pat and hoping for the best“ as a viable course of action.

Back