What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Yep. True freshman received substantially more playing time last week after the statement from George. The motive is Dorrell's own self-interest, not the interest of the football team.
In many cases they align.

Veterans should only be playing at this point if they are being good leaders or good teammates by setting the right example. Even with that, young guys at their positions should be getting more reps than normal.

If a vet is our best player but is not helping to build the program culture in the right way, he should be benched for a young guy.

There needs to be a youth movement. But that doesn't mean you play young guys just to play them.

Trumpeting this narrative before the season, then playing freshmen walkons to boost the youth excuse. F*** Karl and the horse he rode in on. I want someone to read some of these quotes back to him on Saturday when he’s playing the youth card

Give me a good old fashioned TARMAC on Saturday night

Trumpeting this narrative before the season, then playing freshmen walkons to boost the youth excuse. F*** Karl and the horse he rode in on. I want someone to read some of these quotes back to him on Saturday when he’s playing the youth card

If Brian were to do that after another 4 score drubbing on Saturday, we may have exactly what we need to fire him with cause

Kardboard is a uninspiring. But at least he appears arrogant. It infects the team like a cancer. I am truly embarrassed for him by how self-serving he is. He knows nobody but the clown car that is the AD and administration will ever give him a job in CFB again, and he is reaming them for every penny. IMO, they deserve each other. I can only imagine how it feels to be hoisted on your own petard, and have the worst hire in Buff history work so hard to make sure your total mismanagement is on display, nationally, week in and week out. Just one man's opinion.

It's not so much his recruiting that I'm down on, but rather how he manages his position group. Routinely finding ways to put less talented players on the field because the more talented options either have an attitude problem or can't pass block as well (or something like that). Managing personalities is part of the job as is teaching how to pass block. It almost feels like he is always out to prove a point and starting Charlie Offerdahl last week only strengthens my belief in that.
Is this not a consistent knock against the HC at nearly every position group for the last 20 years?

I'm pretty serious, name a position group where similar dynamics have not happened.

I really think he's just implementing his bosses' vision.

LC: hire kd!
RG: sounds great!

the entire CU universe: wait, what?

so yeah, fire everyone.

i honestly expect kd to get popped after this weekend and an interim installed.

as for rg and lc, it will probably take a little longer...

Deion Smith is not having any health issues !!! A mom would know that.

This was a response to Adam M and Howell on Twitter from Pamela Roberson who I assume is Smith's mom.

Want to bet he's headed to the portal soon?
I would if I were him. He's the only back on the roster that's averaged more than 5 YPA and yet for some reason they saw fit to start a freshman walkon last week who was ineffective.

Honestly, what the **** are we even doing here?

I'd prefer he just retire because I'm sick of B4L guys in positions of influence but if it gets him off staff and LC far away, I'll take it.
Saliman needs to clean house. Tell Dr. Phil to stick to day to day operations, and his input on anything beyond ordering staples and computer parts is no longer necessary. Take charge of the AD, send RG, LC and anybody involved in hiring Kardboard out the door. Fire HCKD, anoint an interim, and go shopping for an AD who can hire and retain a HC who can at least deliver .500 or better records year in and year out. That is not that high of a bar. If the admissions people get in the way, tell them to take a hike too. CU should be running their admissions and transfers like their peers and quit pretending they are Stanford.

Last edited:
I'd prefer he just retire because I'm sick of B4L guys in positions of influence but if it gets him off staff and LC far away, I'll take it.
While I agree, I think Lance Carl's current role of Director of Alumni Relations almost requires a B4L kind of guy. Hagan's name would go a long way in that kind of role, IMO. It'd be a cushy gig where he'd get to bring former players back into the fold, connect with the older alumni who remember watching him during the glory years, etc. Of course, he shouldn't have any kind of role in decisions within the program.

I would if I were him. He's the only back on the roster that's averaged more than 5 YPA and yet for some reason they saw fit to start a freshman walkon last week who was ineffective.

Same thing we're doing giving a guy like Jack Hestera, another walk on, a decent amount of run in the offense. Let's not focus on Tyson, Sneed, MLC, Penry (I know he's been hurt), Robinson, Bell, Jaylon Jackson, or Grant Page more reps, we are out there running jet sweeps with a walk on.

It's not so much his recruiting that I'm down on, but rather how he manages his position group. Routinely finding ways to put less talented players on the field because the more talented options either have an attitude problem or can't pass block as well (or something like that). Managing personalities is part of the job as is teaching how to pass block. It almost feels like he is always out to prove a point and starting Charlie Offerdahl last week only strengthens my belief in that.
We are so lucky that Phil Lindsay was talented, a workhorse on and off the field AND had a great attitude. I'm sure if he didn't check every box, Hagan would've found a way to play others ahead of him.

Seems like a staff who isn't worried about losing their jobs. Or, they are, and they just DGAF

I am coming to the conclusion football will never again be successful at Colorado. We are in a **** conference and can't compete monetarily--that's the biggest issue but certainly not only. The admin at CU is at best indifferent, more likely hostile, to the AD and football in particular. We have 20 years of nearly uninterrupted failure. Other than the money, I wonder if Midnight Mel left cuz he knew he Colorado wouldn't let him do what he knows needs to be done.

When does basketball season start? LOL

I’m surprised the AD hasn’t pushed the “difficult schedule” narrative yet. If UCLA hangs on tonight, our first 4 opponents will be a combined 15-1. It’s bulls**t, but I’ve come to expect that kind of excuse making coupled with our “youth”.

I’m surprised the AD hasn’t pushed the “difficult schedule” narrative yet. If UCLA hangs on tonight, our first 4 opponents will be a combined 15-1. It’s bulls**t, but I’ve come to expect that kind of excuse making coupled with our “youth”.
Was thinking the same thing. It's probably got something to do with only Minnesota now being ranked, and none of the opponents being ranked when we matched up.

I know everyone on the board knows this but I don’t get to see many other college football games (kids sports) so I’m gonna post it anyways.

Ole Miss or Kentucky would hang a hundo on us with ease. The talent difference at literally every position on the filed is down right shocking.

I know everyone on the board knows this but I don’t get to see many other college football games (kids sports) so I’m gonna post it anyways.

Ole Miss or Kentucky would hang a hundo on us with ease. The talent difference at literally every position on the filed is down right shocking.
CU’s actual competition is 15-1 this year so far. I think the talent difference has been on display.

Purdue looks way bigger, stronger, and faster than every guy on our team as well

I will say that we have played an extremely difficult schedule. TCU putting it on Oklahoma right now

The difficult schedule thing is a bit exaggerated. We've made teams look a lot better than they are with our incompetence. UCLA and TCU look to be decent enough teams. Not sure how good Minny and AFA actually are.

Back