What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

I don't know about y'all, but I've hardly seen any coaching. I added to this, but it didn't post. Main deal with it was, sure you can coach a player up a little. It damn sure matters what your talent level is. There would be a ceiling for sure. It's not exactly what I wrote before, but that's probably a good thing. :D

Last edited:
was just reading up on the USA Today article (paywall blocked) about college sports revenue shortfalls during Covid, which reminded me of this. if we borrowed $18m from the Pac, with interest, to cover the 2020 revenue shortfall, that makes our chances of finding the bones to buyout HCKD's contract even slimmer.

was just reading up on the USA Today article (paywall blocked) about college sports revenue shortfalls during Covid, which reminded me of this. if we borrowed $18m from the Pac, with interest, to cover the 2020 revenue shortfall, that makes our chances of finding the bones to buyout HCKD's contract even slimmer.
I'm not sure it changes a ton. I think we are still dependent on boosters stepping up if we want KD gone before the end of the 2023 season. We're gonna be UCONN at the end of this experiment.

I'm not sure it changes a ton. I think we are still dependent on boosters stepping up if we want KD gone before the end of the 2023 season. We're gonna be UCONN at the end of this experiment.
At this rate, we'll be lucky to be UConn.

Yeah. I just posted some other names in the #firerickgeorge thread. It’s absolutely awful. And it’s painfully obvious that we’re stuck with this loser of a coach for two more years.

I guess I am confused why a contract like that one would be rubber stamped. Surely someone questioned why Dorrell was being given a fully guaranteed contract?
That's why I tend to believe this wasn't incompetence on RG's part, but rather done deliberately. He simply didn't want to deal with toeing the line with a legitimate candidate, and didn't want to worry about going through this process again for 3-4 years at a minimum. He sold the idea of a 6-7 win football program with no scandals.

I don't think he saw this kind of ineptitude happening, though.

That's why I tend to believe this wasn't incompetence on RG's part, but rather done deliberately. He simply didn't want to deal with toeing the line with a legitimate candidate, and didn't want to worry about going through this process again for 3-4 years at a minimum. He sold the idea of a 6-7 win football program with no scandals.

I don't think he saw this kind of ineptitude happening, though.

But forget about RG for a moment. Not a single person stepped back and thought maybe the AD was being fleeced? Really?

But forget about RG for a moment. Not a single person stepped back and thought maybe the AD was being fleeced? Really?
But what I'm saying is that our BOR and Chancellor who appear to be completely indifferent toward athletics, likely didn't take much convincing and likely didn't see much of an issue with it when RG brought it to them and stated his reasons.

It's arguably the most most important part of any contract so there's zero chance it was an oversight or mistake. Rick George sold the BOR and Phil D on it

RG is incompetent. RG hired a guy that coached in college 1 year over the last decade and that was OC at Vandy and that the team won 3 games, beating UMass, Charleston Southern, and Old Dominion. Everything else was utter trash- They averaged 12 points a game in their 9 losses, and that includes scoring 34 in a loss to South Carolina.

Nothing about KD's resume says give him a guaranteed contract because he is really good at what he does.

Guys, let’s stay calm. I am sure there has been a lot of evaluations going on and HCKD has been popping into meetings. I am sure we will get different results going forward by not changing anything we’ve been doing.

Back