What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fix the big mistake and re-hire Dan Hawkins

I liked Dan, I liked Mike - Bohner seems to be the one who really got hosed; look at his track record since... look at D2 Danny's. Hawkins, while admittedly better than most of what followed (hurts to write that), was in over his head. Couldn't keep his good assistants and wouldn't fire his bad ones, it was only going to get worse.
Mostly fair. Now imagine Hawkins with all the advantages of the new training facilities, budget for assistants and being able to give multi-year contracts. As good as he did with what he had, he'd dominate with everything CU gives its coach today. Everything that caused him to struggle at times isn't a problem now.

Mostly fair. Now imagine Hawkins with all the advantages of the new training facilities, budget for assistants and being able to give multi-year contracts. As good as he did with what he had, he'd dominate with everything CU gives its coach today. Everything that caused him to struggle at times isn't a problem now.
It’s an interesting thought to see how he would have done with the facilities. Best memory of the Hawkins era was beating OKlahoma at home. Worst was that loss to Kansas maybe.

First time poster, longtime lurker. You guys crack me up with all your opinions and half baked ideas on who should be the CU coach. It's obvious and there's a chance to right one of the biggest wrongs in CU football history.

Since the scandal, Dan Hawkins is the only coach who showed he can recruit a Top 25 class to CU.

Before he came here, he was with Bobby Bowden for winning percentage.

After he left, he has built UC Davis from nothing to finishing with ranked teams 3/5 seasons and making the playoffs twice despite playing in the toughest conference in FCS.

He's the best coach we ever had here other than McCartney and we never gave him a chance.

The season he was fired for was a 5-7 record. Mostly run out of town because Buffs 4 Life and associated boosters turned so hard against him and AD Bohn that there was no program support either from from football alums or from boosters connected to the McCartney and Barnett. All because they couldn't get over Barnett getting fired for destroying the program with his scandals, public mismanagement of the issues, and then losing the team with embarrassing losses.

We had a great situation with Dan Hawkins and we messed it up. If we're serious about CU football being great again, we should do whatever it took to get him to come back.

My one reservation would be that Hawkins is in his early 60s now so I'm not sure how long he would stay if we could even get him agree to come back. But the best thing about that is there's a built-in succession plan with one of the best QBs in CU history, Cody Hawkins, being his Offensive Coordinator. Cody would be able to step in and run CU football for decades once Dan was ready to retire.

Hopefully CU isn't too stupid and stubborn to do the right thing here.
Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

First time poster, longtime lurker. You guys crack me up with all your opinions and half baked ideas on who should be the CU coach. It's obvious and there's a chance to right one of the biggest wrongs in CU football history.

Since the scandal, Dan Hawkins is the only coach who showed he can recruit a Top 25 class to CU.

Before he came here, he was with Bobby Bowden for winning percentage.

After he left, he has built UC Davis from nothing to finishing with ranked teams 3/5 seasons and making the playoffs twice despite playing in the toughest conference in FCS.

He's the best coach we ever had here other than McCartney and we never gave him a chance.

The season he was fired for was a 5-7 record. Mostly run out of town because Buffs 4 Life and associated boosters turned so hard against him and AD Bohn that there was no program support either from from football alums or from boosters connected to the McCartney and Barnett. All because they couldn't get over Barnett getting fired for destroying the program with his scandals, public mismanagement of the issues, and then losing the team with embarrassing losses.

We had a great situation with Dan Hawkins and we messed it up. If we're serious about CU football being great again, we should do whatever it took to get him to come back.

My one reservation would be that Hawkins is in his early 60s now so I'm not sure how long he would stay if we could even get him agree to come back. But the best thing about that is there's a built-in succession plan with one of the best QBs in CU history, Cody Hawkins, being his Offensive Coordinator. Cody would be able to step in and run CU football for decades once Dan was ready to retire.

Hopefully CU isn't too stupid and stubborn to do the right thing here.
Hawkins can thank Pederson for the opportunity at CU.

Imagine how bored you must be to create an account for a team's message board, that you don't like, and go to this effort to troll them on a Friday afternoon.

I see the irony of me posting on the same message board on a Friday afternoon for a team that is likely to go winless this year.

I wish I was Dan Hawkins. Just a long time fan who is sick of the way this program does things.

Fine if people can't get over all the misplaced blame they put on Dan Hawkins. That's what I expected from our idiot fans. He probably wouldn't accept the job anyway after the way he was done wrong.

But at least get back to the good things that were happening back then. We could hire Helfrich and could maybe get Cody as the OC under him to start winning again and have a program we could be proud of. But you've got to call Dan first to see if he'd be willing to return.
vomiting season 4 GIF by Portlandia
face GIF

if i didn't have a small tiny piece of a soul left, i would post a picture of a monk lighting himself on fire in protest and frustration as my commentary about this entire thread.

Here’s a different take on the question. Who is the one person who you think will lead us out of this mess and bring CU back to some glory?

I had really looked forward to this game when they beat us in Boulder. I was excited to see what progress we would have made under MT. Looks like we have gone backward so far. It’s embarrassing to be losing to a MWC school like this. RG is lucky he took CSU off the scheudle for this year.

Back