What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Folsom Improvement Priorities Announced

I do get that. We all have days when we're not up for it for whatever reason but still feel like watching the game. But that's different than thinking that the home tv experience is better, which is what I can't relate to.

Your point is what I'm getting at. It is vital that the entire game day experience at Folsom is made better and constantly improves. Better traffic and parking management is huge. Comfortable seating with great amenities (food, drink & restrooms). Fun events inside and outside the stadium during pre-game. Entertaining half-time. Good wi-fi in the stadium. Great video and sound systems to enhance entertainment during the game. Commitment to the spirit teams (band, cheer, dance, runners, mascots) to add to the unique pageantry of college football. Community tie-ins for each game (homecoming and senior day celebrations, but also themes for other games celebrating vets or first responders or teachers or Hispanic heritage or family days or other campuses in the CU system or whatever, plus mini events like celebrating other CU sports teams, university schools, etc.). You've got to do all that and then you've also got to market the hell out of it.

You forgot to mention the RV Park.

If Tucker can get this thing turned around, I think we'll see a number of former Buffs getting more involved.
I still remember David Bakhktiari on Monday night football declaring his high school instead of CU. Hard to blame him for what he went through while he played at CU.

I still remember David Bakhktiari on Monday night football declaring his high school instead of CU. Hard to blame him for what he went through while he played at CU.
You mean how bad we were or something else? Honestly asking because I didn’t follow the football team as closely back then.

From the concert last night, looked like the walls between the 100 and 200 sections had fresh paint.

Possibly new seats in the upper sections on the east side?

No other improvements that I noticed

Most of The Dead are baby boomers, and the baby boomer deadheads begat several generations of deadheads, many of whom have become successful business people.

So what's your point?

My son is huge into the Dead and he has been trying to convince me for months to come out for the shows this weekend. Have to admit that was sort of my view of what Dead fans would be but for the most part it was just typical 35-year olds in chill mode having a helluva good time. Now I will say on Saturday we went down to Shakedown Street at BHS and that was more typical of a classic hippie setting I was expecting at the show, especially the vendors there. But this crowd was quite a bit different for the most part than the crowd at the shows.

In the end I'm very glad I decided to come for the shows. Overall a great time with my wife and our son, plus a coworker of mine joined us for the first 2 nights.

From the concert last night, looked like the walls between the 100 and 200 sections had fresh paint.

Possibly new seats in the upper sections on the east side?

No other improvements that I noticed

I didn't notice either of those but I could've just missed it or didn't notice.

On a related note my coworker who joined has has never been to Folsom and she commented how outdated the bathrooms in Balch are. I was like yea, no doubt about that lol.

I didn't notice either of those but I could've just missed it or didn't notice.

On a related note my coworker who joined has has never been to Folsom and she commented how outdated the bathrooms in Balch are. I was like yea, no doubt about that lol.
There's a bonus self-esteem test in using a urinal trough in 2023.

Everytime I see that.. I can't conceive of the level of intoxication required. I've been really fukced up once or twice in my life, but never enough to think that could possibly be a good idea.

Everytime I see that.. I can't conceive of the level of intoxication required. I've been really fukced up once or twice in my life, but never enough to think that could possibly be a good idea.
For a portion of my life I worked at a restaurant in the loop and lived on the north side of Chicago in Edgewater up by the Green Mill if you know where that is. My commute to work took me on the red line south past wrigleyville and sometimes would coincide with the end of cubs games.

I can easily imagine this piss diver boarding the southbound red line train at Addison and the stench and shock it would cause.

For a portion of my life I worked at a restaurant in the loop and lived on the north side of Chicago in Edgewater up by the Green Mill if you know where that is. My commute to work took me on the red line south past wrigleyville and sometimes would coincide with the end of cubs games.

I can easily imagine this piss diver boarding the southbound red line train at Addison and the stench and shock it would cause.
I think I may have been on this L once in 2010 NYD, going to/from a show at the Aragon from our hotel a couple blocks north of the river on State and Kinzie(?). Definitely had a slight hint of pee and disinfecting cleaner smells…even in frigid temps. Gotta love Chicago, it was surreal to see many landmarks on TV and movies that I saw growing up in the 80’s, in real life.

I think I may have been on this L once in 2010 NYD, going to/from a show at the Aragon from our hotel a couple blocks north of the river on State and Kinzie(?). Definitely had a slight hint of pee and disinfecting cleaner smells…even in frigid temps. Gotta love Chicago, it was surreal to see many landmarks on TV and movies that I saw growing up in the 80’s, in real life.

I've taken the Red line a few times past Wrigleyville and going to a game there. Don't remember any bad smells, but definitely some people that you "ignore" but keep an eye on.

I've taken the Red line a few times past Wrigleyville and going to a game there. Don't remember any bad smells, but definitely some people that you "ignore" but keep an eye on.
There's nothing bad about the areas the Red Line serves north of Wrigleyville.

That apparently having money doesn’t stop them from being stinky hippies as they can afford to stay at the Boulderado instead of in tents.
I think by definition, a “hippy” wouldn’t stay in the Boulderado due to the acceptance of counterculture and the rejection of traditional values and material goods.

Back