What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Bears vs. Buffs

Buffs win, ugly game. I know he had some foul trouble but king as a SR has to be more aggressive.

At least a couple of players showed up tonight. Quite a few did not. That results in a butt ass ugly win against a crap team. I'm not sure what the hell was wrong tonight. Whatever it was, hope they got it out of their system.

Ugliest game I've seen in awhile ... not sure I've seen a team give up that many easy O rebounds. It wasn't just a height thing, we just didn't put a body on anyone. They scouted us well, straight from the UW tape. Daring our bigs to beat them. We really miss Namon's ability to break down the defense. Siewert is a spot up shooter, semi-decent defender and that's it. Looks lost handling the ball down low.

But they're not all pretty. Win's a win. That might have been an NIT resume killer even.

Tad must’ve reamed them after the game because Schwartz took forever to come out. MJ asked him what comments had after the game and he said, “Not pretty. He said if we play like that again in the Pac, no matter who it is, we will lose.” He said the team had a lack of focus and you could see it in the pre game warmups.

Here comes Tad. “I’ve never been more disgusted after a win. We were pathetic.” “I wanted to give the team a day off while Stanford plays tomorrow night. Forget that!” “Coach Brown taught me, “They ruin your day, you ruin theirs.”” “If we don’t have McKinley tonight, Cal is going home happy.” Needless to say, he was very pissed.

In yesterday’s practice, Kin went down and they thought his season could be over. Tad said that is how tough Kin is.

Last edited:
Tad ripping on the team in the post-game. Said the fans who came out got cheated. Lack of effort. Gave up 18 offensive rebounds. Turned the ball over 19 times. Got a tech & missed both free throws followed by a turnover. Blamed himself for not having them ready. Said what he learned from Coach Brown was that if they ruin your day you ruin their day... and the team is no longer getting the day off tomorrow. He’s pissed.

Last edited:
Tad ripping on the team in the post-game. Said the fans who came out got cheated. Lack of effort. Gave up 18 offensive rebounds. Turned the ball over 19 times. Got a tech & missed both free throws followed by a turnover. Blamed himself for not having them ready. Said what he learned from Coach Brown was that if the ruin their day you ruin their day... and the team is no longer getting the day off tomorrow. He’s pissed.
And, as I pointed out, Kin went down with a knee injury in practice yesterday and they thought his season might be over. An MRI showed no structural damage. But he’s hurting. Kin is tough as nails.

And did you hear Tad discuss the fiasco after the technical? He is really pissed about that without naming names. As a matter of fact he blamed himself for not having the team ready. And as Larry Brown told him, if they ruin your day, the next day you ruin theirs.

Last edited:
Weird, clunky game. No rhythm. Horribly officiated all around. The ref who looks like the dude from modern family is terrible, and it seems like we have him every other home game. I thought D’Shawn played one of his best games as a buff. Got the W. That’s all that matters.

And I had floor seats. Which was cool. Never sat there before. Tried posting a picture but couldn’t get it to work on my phone. Will try tomorrow from my desktop.

I watched the first five minutes. I knew it was going to be a crappy game right then. I knew we would win, but win ugly. All that from watching five minutes of basketball.

that was a really fun game. I pre-gamed at Half Fast for the first time ever. Strong Island pitchers followed by beers at the CEC throughout the game. add in the awesome 9PM tip time -- this has been a rough morning so far. :hungover::hungover::hungover:
What did Half Fast used to be called? I remember when they had the renaming contest but for the life of me I can't remember what is was called prior to the switch.

We are currently in 6th place. If Stanford loses to Utah and then we beat Stanford we would be tied with both of those teams for 5th. If UCLA loses both games on the road in AZ then we could be in a tie for 4th place. I didn't see that even as a possibility when the season began or after the Oregon road trip. It also has been done while starting 3-4 freshman per game. Fun to watch the freshman mature so quickly. I really have been impressed by all of them.

I watched the first five minutes. I knew it was going to be a crappy game right then. I knew we would win, but win ugly. All that from watching five minutes of basketball.
I have a skin rash I need to you take a look at for 5 minutes.

Back