What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Bears vs. Buffs

We are currently in 6th place. If Stanford loses to Utah and then we beat Stanford we would be tied with both of those teams for 5th. If UCLA loses both games on the road in AZ then we could be in a tie for 4th place. I didn't see that even as a possibility when the season began or after the Oregon road trip. It also has been done while starting 3-4 freshman per game. Fun to watch the freshman mature so quickly. I really have been impressed by all of them.

Could the game in SLC be for a bye in the tournament? High stakes.

that was a really fun game. I pre-gamed at Half Fast for the first time ever. Strong Island pitchers followed by beers at the CEC throughout the game. add in the awesome 9PM tip time -- this has been a rough morning so far. :hungover::hungover::hungover:

I didn't know you were still in college.

What is the better slogan for Long Islands:
Long Islands - I don't give a **** and am not afraid to go to jail.
Long Islands - let's get ****ed up

Siewert seeming to be in the beginning stages of how to shoot the basketball, and Schwartz finding his shot make this shot very very dangerous in a tournament type setting.

Dude, we have one road win this season. It would be a gift from baby jesus to win in Pullman and SLC.

I get that, but I still think we gotta beat WSU to ensure we're safely in the NIT. 18-12 (losses to UW and Utah) going into Vegas probably puts us safely in. Good teams find ways to win road games against bad teams.

I get that, but I still think we gotta beat WSU to ensure we're safely in the NIT. 18-12 (losses to UW and Utah) going into Vegas probably puts us safely in. Good teams find ways to win road games against bad teams.

Let's just say I will be happy if we go 1-2 in our remaining road games, ecstatic if we go 2-1, and humping my Shaun Vandiver plushy if we go 3-0.

If he keeps hitting open shots and only being a slight negative on D, it's a huge positive for this team.
He's doing a much better job lately of not allowing deep post position. Muscling guys out most trips and also working around to front guys who are able to grab the block. Huge improvement.

On offense, I thought Cal was a real tough assignment for him. That's a team with better athletes than basketball players. So they had guys who were bigger than Siewert who could also get out to guard him on the perimeter.

You know what's driving me absolutely crazy lately? We're doing such a good job on offense of breaking down the zone by getting the ball into the high post. But then our guys seem tentative and confused on what to do with the ball once they have it. Too many bad passes and un-aggressive shots they don't even follow. I'm real close to saying that Bey should be in that spot so that the next time the opposing center backs 6 feet off we'll have someone who will take 1 dribble and dunk over a dude.

Last edited:
The Real Truth Tad! He can never be accused of pulling punches. I got think his players really appreciate his unfiltered honesty. .

Let's just say I will be happy if we go 1-2 in our remaining road games, ecstatic if we go 2-1, and humping my Shaun Vandiver plushy if we go 3-0.
Have I mentioned before I took an English Lit class with Vandiver in the spring semester? That was a bit comical.

Back