What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: Cincy @ CU—October 26 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

FM-Buff

Club Member
Club Member

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Man...that's the night of my favorite party of the year. I was hoping that wasn't going to come into conflict.

When you don't win your relegated to late night programing
I think it's as simple as that slot needs to be filled by a M/PTZ team and CU is pulling 2-3x the viewership of anyone else at that time.

I'm worried that we're going to suffer what Boise State did carrying the MWC media contract. They had so many late night and weeknight games that their attendance started to decline and they had a more challenging schedule, making success more difficult.

was trying to be a smart ass. should have used italics. CP is very vocal about not liking late games. I feel the media is picking at CP. If we were winning more CP might have an argument.

For those of you folks that watched it on TV like I did, is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot more commercials in the late game time slot? I watched 2 other games before CU and it didn’t seem like nearly as many between plays.

For those of you folks that watched it on TV like I did, is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot more commercials in the late game time slot? I watched 2 other games before CU and it didn’t seem like nearly as many between plays.
The third quarter lasted around an hour between commercial time outs, injury time outs (4 plays in a row at one point) and reviews. It was ridiculous.

Again, this is because CU and Prime get ratings, but FOX, ESPN and CBS all have more money invested in the B1G and SEC, so those programs are going to get the Noon and 330 ET slots.
I get that but usc, oregon, washington, utah all get decent ratings and out west. They aren't playing late night games.

I get that but usc, oregon, washington, utah all get decent ratings and out west. They aren't playing late night games.
USC, Oregon, and Washington are all in the B1G but they have all played night games so far

Utah played Arizona in the 8:15 MT ESPN two weeks ago and just played ASU in the Friday night 8:30 MT slot.... So yeah, they are all playing late night games.

I really thought this would be the ESPN + game.
Maybe the Buffs won't have one?? I thought it was a requirement.
Only home game not spoken for is Utah.

Again, this is because CU and Prime get ratings, but FOX, ESPN and CBS all have more money invested in the B1G and SEC, so those programs are going to get the Noon and 330 ET slots.

I'm just guessing here but it looks like Fox passed us over for the 4pm EST slot on 10/26 for one the of those 6-day hold games. This is assuming that Fox will have a 4pm game that day, Game 2 of the WS is at 8pm. (See week 9 in below link) Or maybe Fox didn't want to have us 2 weeks in a row since we're on Fox this week.

Normally, as random old guy I would be displeased with a late kickoff that extends past my bedtime. But I pleasantly found out last week I am too tired with a late kickoff to get very agitated with idiotic offensive game planning. That is a blood pressure win folks, for sure.

Back