What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: Lobos @ Buffs

This was Nikolic's coming out party. Played very well and poised throughout. I really like that kid. Schwartz, Bey and Walton also played well. And Wright? Best frosh in a very long time. Not to take away anything from some vets, but they are in support roles at this point. The frosh keep getting better.

At one point I thought I heard the play by play man refer to a group of NM players as “lobi”.

This was Nikolic's coming out party. Played very well and poised throughout. I really like that kid. Schwartz, Bey and Walton also played well. And Wright? Best frosh in a very long time. Not to take away anything from some vets, but they are in support roles at this point. The frosh keep getting better.

Agreed. A little ashamed to say this was the first extended amount of game time I've watched of our Buffs. I came away impressed with most of our players and the team. Nikolic was much better than I thought he'd be. However, I thought the same thing about Thomas AK the first time I saw him, and he ended up validating my concerns during his recruitment. Hopefully Nikolic is better and keeps improving.

I don't consider King to be in a support role. He is critical - even if his scoring is down, his rebounding is critical.

Agreed. A little ashamed to say this was the first extended amount of game time I've watched of our Buffs. I came away impressed with most of our players and the team. Nikolic was much better than I thought he'd be. However, I thought the same thing about Thomas AK the first time I saw him, and he ended up validating my concerns during his recruitment. Hopefully Nikolic is better and keeps improving.

I don't consider King to be in a support role. He is critical - even if his scoring is down, his rebounding is critical.
Nikolic has already improved significantly since seeing him in the fan appreciation scrimmage in October. He plays a very controlled style on offense (opposite of Akyazili), helping to create space and taking care of the ball. I've been most impressed with his box-out ability and nose for the defensive rebound. Not at all what I was expecting so early in his career, especially after playing point guard in Europe. His defensive footwork and rotation needs work, but that's a common theme for all of the freshmen at the moment.

Did we really just beat New Mexico by 18?

This is not your usual New Mexico team. They are rebuilding for sure. Still, I like how we play defense. We already seem light years ahead of last year's team on that end of the court. Rebounding will be a challenge all season, we won't have a 20 rebound advantage again.

Going to learn a whole lot about this team on Saturday.

Honestly, I'm kind of going the opposite direction on this one. Saturday is feeding the Christians to the lions. The Buffs are going to walk into a buzzsaw. I'm more interested in seeing how they play AFTER that. The Kansas game ruined a few players seasons (if not careers) - I don't want the same to happen at Xavier.

Honestly, I'm kind of going the opposite direction on this one. Saturday is feeding the Christians to the lions. The Buffs are going to walk into a buzzsaw. I'm more interested in seeing how they play AFTER that. The Kansas game ruined a few players seasons (if not careers) - I don't want the same to happen at Xavier.
Yea... Tad needs to make sure no one gets broken. Xavier is going to do terrible things to us.

So the Buffs righted the rebounding ship last night. But the turnovers, unfortunately WAY too many and not cherry!
I knew nothing about Nikolic and enjoyed his game for just a frosh.
Doubt this year will result in as many Ws as we want in conference play, but this young team should be fun to watch and make real noise next year.
BTW, new announcer at the foam dome. I like his voice. Small crowd and concessions closed midway thru second half.

Completely agree.....I was pretty happy with last night still. I don't think we played that well, and we still almost beat UNM by 20. I'll take it. Hoping we play well Saturday, and get some momentum going into the South Dakota State (they're no patsy, either-NCAA tourney team LY) and Iowa games......both of which scare me a lot more than UNM did.

Dallas almost taking it coast to coast would have been the play of the night. I'm a fan :LOL:

The new big screens are nice, and being able to have a beer in my seat brought some sense of normalcy. Finally some sensible beer rules around here.

I thought our defense looked good. It seemed like New Mexico shot jumpers on pretty much every possession. Even with two big men out and lack of seniors, can our D be better than last year? I definitely think so.

Not sure why, but KenPom's paywall has been "turned off temporarily".

https://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Colorado

I've actually never seen Kenpom's team analytics and there is a lot of great stuff there.

I like 16-14 as a projected record, that's a good benchmark for calibrating expectations with this team. If we do better than that I will be pretty happy. If we fall too far below that I will be disappointed even though I know this team's best days are ahead of it.

Looks like it's back to subscription only, fun while it lasted.

Yeah, some players/teams fold after taking a beating, so we'll see what kind of players we have after the Xavier game. Xavier should be a great learning experience for our talented freshman. They'll see first hand what it takes to be top 15 in the nation. I'm a big supporter of having a young team face better teams, so they can mold themselves into competing against those teams. Hopefully this game turns into an experience that makes them tougher when conference season rolls around.

Who is Xavier PG, with Sumner gone?
Macura was on White last year will he get McKinley this year?
Their C is a strong guy great learning opportunity for Dallas

I'm not an expert at hoops by any means, but I saw Xavier just barely get by a really shjtty Wisconsin team a few weeks ago. Why is Allbuffs so certain they're going to destroy the Buffs?

I'm not an expert at hoops by any means, but I saw Xavier just barely get by a really shjtty Wisconsin team a few weeks ago. Why is Allbuffs so certain they're going to destroy the Buffs?
#15, on the road, little payback from last year, young team...

In general I prefer to be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed, so expecting a blowout is good strategy. I can’t see a Buff win but keeping it within 10-15 points is reasonable if Xavier slacks and our game is “on.”

$8. They had dales, old chub, ol zippy, buffalo gold, domestic. There might have been a few other craft beers. I did not see one IPA on draft.0 :(

I am ok with the bold. Although I think they did have an IPA at an earlier game. My fav so far has been a beer from the Post Brewery(Mexican Lager), but they only had it for one game. The last 2 games I just went with a Coors Light because it was the cheapest beer they had but it was still $7.50.

I am ok with the bold. Although I think they did have an IPA at an earlier game. My fav so far has been a beer from the Post Brewery(Mexican Lager), but they only had it for one game. The last 2 games I just went with a Coors Light because it was the cheapest beer they had but it was still $7.50.
Life is too short to drink Coors light. Bring an empty bottle and fill with tap water. Save towards real beer. Enjoy.

Back