What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- Men's basketball opens 2019/20 season in Shanghai vs. ASU (Friday, 11/8, 8:30 PM MT)

It's San Diego. They get back, get a little rest, go from there. I actually think it could end up being a good thing they had to struggle a bit in the 2nd, and they finished, could help down the road.

Ahole-skin alert.

I’m simply saying a 10-point win over a team missing 2 starters isn’t exactly thrilling. Sure, a win’s a win

If we were missing Bey and Battey tonight and lost by 10, everyone on here would be saying “oh well, we didn’t have our front court.” Guaranteed.

Eat a dick.
I wouldn’t place too much faith in any predictions on the result of the first game of the season. If we did, the football team should be undefeated.

What part of China is Jinxing in?

giphy.gif

Just saw the game on delay, didn't read the above posts. Fresh thoughts:
  • Really nice depth on this roster. Tad will settle into 8-9 guys, with another 2-3 eager to get into the rotation. (Only about 9 deserved extended playing time after tonight, but it's the first game. Young kids, weird environment, etc.)
  • Mac Wright looks great. He'll be all Pac 12 first team, assuming he stays healthy.
  • Bey is paying too much attention to the internet. Kid just has to play and focus on this team, not the next level. Looks to me like he's under pressure.
  • Dallas Walton - little playing time. Fine on that, I trust the coaches on easing him back in. But I am a bit surprised.
  • We have a big problem - guard play behind Wright. Nobody on this team can control the tempo, show composure like him. It's great when he's on the court but when he's not ... coaches know this.
  • Kountz and Gatling - see the above bullet.
  • Schwartz is approaching elite status, in terms of talent on this team. (Wright and Bey are our others, with Battey super close.)
  • The new guy transfer (sorry, can't recall his name) looks great. Really good energy/attitude on both ends, plus athleticism.
  • China needs to stop being human rights monsters.
  • Yao Ming - that man is huge.
Go Buffs.

Kin's ability to find the hot shooter is next level. So happy to have a floor general like him leading our squad.

Kountz had a rough night, I have faith he'll get into midseason form and be a very good guard.

Battey looks like a match up nightmare and should explode this year.

I really enjoyed when we had the 2nd team in during the first half and kept a good pace without losing momentum.

Man, some of you dumb ****s need to stay on the football board. This is a very good win. Neutral site vs a good team. Buffs were up big at half and asu made a run. What did you expect? They would quit trying? Buffs went on another run and won by 10.

And of course CU isn’t as good when Wright is on the bench. He’s ****ing good. If you’re expecting similar quality of play when he’s on the bench, then you’re going to be disappointed every game this year and I suggest you quit watching.

Good to get a win but should have been a blowout with or without their missing starters.

Frustrated to see us go into another one of our dead periods and give up a big lead.

Outside of that stretch we dominated the game.

Hey Tad, use a time out, sub a couple players, change the momentum.

Man, some of you dumb ****s need to stay on the football board. This is a very good win. Neutral site vs a good team. Buffs were up big at half and asu made a run. What did you expect? They would quit trying? Buffs went on another run and won by 10.

And of course CU isn’t as good when Wright is on the bench. He’s ****ing good. If you’re expecting similar quality of play when he’s on the bench, then you’re going to be disappointed every game this year and I suggest you quit watching.
Actually, I thought the second team did pretty well offensively.

:cry: I’m sorry

We were raggedy at times and really good at other times. A couple of guys were pressing. This team should round into pretty good shape by conference play.

Tyler obviously was pressing but still had a double-double. Kountz struggled. Walton looked really rusty as we’d expect. Daniels has a nice shot from outside. Didn’t see much from Gatling. Siewert is still awesome at times and frustrating at times. Schwartz was enfuego in the first half. Battey is a beast and Kin is awesome. Hopefully just a minor tweak to his hip.

I think Battey gets more fouls than he should, because he is so "thick". He looks like a tank ready to plow through people.
Given their lack of big men, I was little disappointed.
Seems that too often when we have a good lead and the other guys are making a run, we become undisciplined and throw up poor shots, too quickly.

It would have been nice if they sent the CU video guy along. Would be fun to see Tad and the guys checking out china.

and, what's w/ Siewert forgetting and taking an extra step? he must get 3 or 4 travels a game.

I think Battey gets more fouls than he should, because he is so "thick". He looks like a tank ready to plow through people.
Given their lack of big men, I was little disappointed.
Seems that too often when we have a good lead and the other guys are making a run, we become undisciplined and throw up poor shots, too quickly.

It would have been nice if they sent the CU video guy along. Would be fun to see Tad and the guys checking out china.

and, what's w/ Siewert forgetting and taking an extra step? he must get 3 or 4 travels a game.

Yeah. He needs to be more selective when trying to draw charges. In most instances, giving up 2 points is going to be a better outcome than him getting a foul.

Ahole-skin alert.

I’m simply saying a 10-point win over a team missing 2 starters isn’t exactly thrilling. Sure, a win’s a win

If we were missing Bey and Battey tonight and lost by 10, everyone on here would be saying “oh well, we didn’t have our front court.” Guaranteed.

Eat a dick.

I'm shocked to see you after a win. We won. Ready for San Diego.

Back