What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- Men's basketball opens 2019/20 season in Shanghai vs. ASU (Friday, 11/8, 8:30 PM MT)

I'm not sure we'll face many teams with guards as quick and as hungry to put on pressure as ASU was last night...the younger House has good energy, but that kid is going to get a ton of bump fouls called on him this season. Totally agree that we need Gaitling and Kountz to step up as better ball handlers, but full court pressure from those guards will fluster most backups.

There was a moment where both Siewert and Walton were on the floor at the same time, and it seriously threw me. Can't remember CU ever having this kind of depth + size.

My main disappointment was no Dombek minutes – did he make the trip?

We are going to be able to put a lot of pressure on teams with our bigs. Walton and Siewert are more mobile big men, Walton is very athletic for a 7 footer. Battey is surprisingly athletic for a guy his size but few teams will match his power. When he occupies a space that space is his.

Dombek I'll wait to see but I think that we are also going to be glad this season to have Ryder. He won't figure large in statistics and may not even play in some games but he will protect us against foul issues with our bigs and give us a guy who can play legit minutes against most teams bigs.

The depth will be even more important with Dallas again coming off injury. He is going to need time to get back to playing comfortably and it would make sense to limit his playing time to protect him from re-injury.

I think Battey gets more fouls than he should, because he is so "thick". He looks like a tank ready to plow through people.
Given their lack of big men, I was little disappointed.
Seems that too often when we have a good lead and the other guys are making a run, we become undisciplined and throw up poor shots, too quickly.

It would have been nice if they sent the CU video guy along. Would be fun to see Tad and the guys checking out china.

and, what's w/ Siewert forgetting and taking an extra step? he must get 3 or 4 travels a game.

Pretty much spot on from my view...lot of comments from the whiners,so thouhgt I’d support one sober comment.GO BUFFS

I'll need to go back and read this thread (sometimes fun, at least after a win).

Love beating ASU.

Love winning a national broadcast.

Very impressed by what I saw from this team last night. They are really good this year.

[QUOTE="Buffnik, post: 2749289, member: 1852"
I'll need to go back and read this thread (sometimes fun, at least after a win).

Love beating ASU.

Very impressed by what I saw from this team last night. They are really good this year.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this thread is a hoot! Same ol' clueless 35 yr.olds, ragging on first game mishaps and the Capt. Obvious glitches, magnified by playing a nasty rival, in tomorrow's time zone, while on vacation, 7,000 miles away from Boulder, in an entirely different cultural setting!

WHO could have foreseen that???

[QUOTE="Buffnik, post: 2749289, member: 1852"

Love beating ASU.

Yeah, this thread is a hoot! Same ol' clueless 35 yr.olds, ragging on first game mishaps and the Capt. Obvious glitches, magnified by playing a nasty rival, in tomorrow's time zone, while on vacation, 7,000 miles away from Boulder, in an entirely different cultural setting!

[/QUOTE]
What’s wrong with expecting perfection? :rolleyes:

What’s wrong with expecting perfection? :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]
Same ol'...same ol ! From the crew who seemingly always forget that the other guys give out schollies to some pretty decent players as well! (Okay, Cali and Wazzu excepted)

We are going to be able to put a lot of pressure on teams with our bigs. Walton and Siewert are more mobile big men, Walton is very athletic for a 7 footer. Battey is surprisingly athletic for a guy his size but few teams will match his power. When he occupies a space that space is his.

Dombek I'll wait to see but I think that we are also going to be glad this season to have Ryder. He won't figure large in statistics and may not even play in some games but he will protect us against foul issues with our bigs and give us a guy who can play legit minutes against most teams bigs.

The depth will be even more important with Dallas again coming off injury. He is going to need time to get back to playing comfortably and it would make sense to limit his playing time to protect him from re-injury.
I agree on Ryder. He and Strating will get the third tier "bigs" minutes. Dombek ain't ready yet.

Finally got around to watching the recording of this game. And...I know it's the first game against a team with two starters out, but ... ...wow. We are a complete team with solid players at least seven deep. Kin - looked great! Battey is such a stud. Bey pops out, but I do hope he actually starts some of the 3s. Schwartz - an x-factor going into the season, and wow...thought he looked much smoother with the ball. Maddox - a little out of position on D, but still like the shot and promising defender. I'm getting even more excited - this team is good.

Lastly, Remy Martin is really damn good. Let's get those damn Toreros on Sat!

Back