What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- MEN'S bball hosts Yale (Sunday, 11/27/22 1:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
It's the last non-conference game before conference play begins*** as Buff Men's basketball (3-3) hosts the undefeated Yale Bulldogs (6-0) this Sunday afternoon.
(***After conference play begins next weekend, CU still DOES have a 4 game homestand against non-conference opponents around the middle of December.)

The game is scheduled to be viewable on the Pac 12 Network. (Further info and links for media options available near the bottom of this thread.)

Go Buffs!!!

(Cubuffs.com preview not available as I type this.)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Links with more info on Yale:
Roster
- https://yalebulldogs.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats - https://yalebulldogs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats?path=mbball
Schedule - https://yalebulldogs.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule?path=mbball
Their preview article - Not available as I type this.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links:

Live video
- Game is scheduled to be shown on the Pac 12 National and Mountain channels. For anyone with a subscription to any Pac 12 Network channel, I'm guessing the game will also be viewable on the Pac 12 App, or through a link at https://pac-12.com/mens-basketball/event/2022/11/27/yale-colorado .

Live audio - In addition to being available on 630 AM in the Denver/ Boulder area and maybe other stations in the Buff radio network, looks like free audio streams for the game will be available at https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2722&type=Live .

Live stats -
Game notes - Not available as I type this.

Preview for tomorrow's game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2022/11/26/mens-basketball-buffaloes-return-home-to-host-yale-sunday.aspx

"
THE SEASON: Colorado is 3-3 overall, returning home for the first time in nearly three weeks. The Buffaloes are coming off a 12-day, three-state, five-game road trip. It's the first time Colorado has played five of its first six games of any season on the road since the 1955-56 season.

Colorado's trip was up and down to say the least. The Buffaloes were 2-3 during that span, but both of those wins came against ranked opponents. Colorado defeated then No. 11 (AP & Coaches) ranked Tennessee at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on Nov. 13. During the Myrtle Beach Invitational, Colorado blitzed then No. 24 (AP) ranked Texas A&M 103-75 on Nov. 18.

While Colorado is 2-0 against ranked SEC opponents, the Buffaloes find themselves at just 1-3 against the rest of their schedule. Colorado hasn't put back-to-back wins together since the final game of the 2021-22 regular season (Arizona) and quarterfinal of the Pac-12 Tournament (Oregon) - a span of eight contests.

Colorado is averaging 75.8 points per game, ranking fourth in the Pac-12 Conference. The Buffaloes are shooting 43 percent from the field and 33 percent from 3-point range. Colorado is allowing 70.7 points per game, ranking second-to-last in the Pac-12. Opponents are shooting just below 40 percent. Colorado leads the Pac-12 in steals, recording nearly nine per contest.

ABOUT THE BULLDOGS: A 6-0, Yale is off to its best start since the 1945-46 season when it won its first seven games. The Bulldogs are averaging 82.8 points per game while allowing only 51.7 a contest, ranking sixth in the nation in scoring defense.

Junior forward Matt Knowling leads Yale at 20.2 points and 4.8 rebounds per game while shooting a whopping 71.1 percent from the field (54-76). Sophomore guard John Poulakidas averages 9.7 points and leads the Bulldogs with 13 3-point field goals.

THE SERIES: This will be the fourth meeting between Colorado and Yale with the Buffaloes holding a 2-1 series edge. It is the first meeting since a 70-59 Colorado win on Dec. 29, 2009, in Boulder. Yale's lone win in over the Buffaloes came on Dec. 27, 1952 in Kansas City. The Bulldogs were the eighth team in the 1952 edition of the Big Seven Christmas Tournament and defeated the Buffaloes 56-54 in a first round game.

IVY CONNECTION: Colorado graduate senior Jalen Gabbidon faces his former team in Yale. Gabbidon played in 78 games in three seasons, over five years, for Yale during his undergraduate career. A two-year team captain for the Bulldogs, he averaged 7.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals while shooting 45 percent from the field and 77 percent from the line. Helped Yale to a pair of NCAA Tournament appearances (2019, '22) and two Ivy League regular season and tournament titles. He was the 2019-20 Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year.

Ethan Wright is also quite familiar with Yale, having played for Princeton from 2018-20 and 2021-22 (the Ivy League did not compete in 2020-21). Wright's Princeton teams were 1-7 against the Bullodgs in those three season.
"

Yale looks like a very good opponent.
It should be a game we win, but it will be interesting to see the results of Tad's calling out his players, especially now we're home.
Coach has put the pressure on these guys to perform, and if things go South early, it will be interesting to see how we respond.

add: One of their wins was against Sarah Lawerence.

Last edited:
Yale is a solid team that does a lot of things right. That said, if we simply play to the minimum of our ability we should win by 10. If certain players continue to be anchors on both ends of the floor, we'll lose by 8.

VERY curious to see who responds today after a week of a$$ chewings, brutal practices and self reflection.

Yale is +14 per game in rebounding.
Half-hour on KOA, Tad talks, no mention of Allen. Apparently, there is a "gentlemen's agreement" to leave him alone.

LOB stat line so far.
2 horrible defensive switches
1 turnover
1 3pt brick
1 3pt air ball

Yale is +14 per game in rebounding.
Half-hour on KOA, Tad talks, no mention of Allen. Apparently, there is a "gentlemen's agreement" to leave him alone.
He seems happy enough on the bench.
Wish he could get it together and take LOB’s minutes.

Lovering is so ****ing smart. Holy hell.

Some of you who don’t realize his importance might want to just put me on ignore now.
Agreed. Come to a game at the CEC and watch in person. LL RUNS our defense. Puts everyone where they need to be, calls the switches, identifies opponent’s tendencies, etc.
When he’s not in we suffer.

Tad and I like LO. What can I say?

Tad must have put the emphasis on TDS shooting and scoring more. One result is Simpson isn't driving to the hoop as much - he's feeding TDS

Tad and I like LO. What can I say?

Tad must have put the emphasis on TDS shooting and scoring more. One result is Simpson isn't driving to the hoop as much - he's feeding TDS
Tad plays LOB because he has to. Nothing more. If we had one more serviceable player over 6-8 LOB would be averaging 3 min a game. Guaranteed.

Tad plays LOB because he has to. Nothing more. If we had one more serviceable player over 6-8 LOB would be averaging 3 min a game. Guaranteed.
I know that Tad almost always has positive things to say about him. Did he beat your HS some years back?

I know that Tad almost always has positive things to say about him. Did he beat your HS some years back?
Nope. Saw him in high school and thought it was a reach by Tad offering him from the get go. He feasted on teams who had 6-2 and 6-3 forwards. He’d be great at UNC.

Agreed. Come to a game at the CEC and watch in person. LL RUNS our defense. Puts everyone where they need to be, calls the switches, identifies opponent’s tendencies, etc.
When he’s not in we suffer.
This is my first time seeing him in person this year. He’s talking constantly, shoving dudes into their sports and running things. Honest to God, he could be a black hole of suck on offense and I guaran-damn-tee that Tad would still give him quality minutes because of his D.

It’s no coincidence that he and Hadley were in immediately after Yale cut it to 2 and we then went on our own run.

Tad’s choice of players on floor down the stretch is…interesting to say the least.

Holy **** a dude went 6 for 8 from 3, we've made 0 3s in the 2d half, and we might win?

Back