What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Trees vs. Buffs

This is the sort of Tad team that I've been waiting on without the top 100 type of recruits. Dom, King, Kin, Namon, Dallas, Siewert, and Bey have all shown the ability to fill up the box score at least once in a while and on any given night 2-3 guys seem to be stepping up and having big games.
Yep. Fill the roster with Top 150 type guys and we have a PROGRAM even without 5 stars.

Losing Brown definitely hurts, but there's plenty of depth to absorb that loss. Looks like Schwartz and Nikolic will continue to get some minutes every night.

We're still looking at M. Wright, N. Wright, Bey, King, Collier, Walton, Siewert, Nikolic, and Schwartz as 9 guys who deserve to be in the playing rotation; in some ways it's easier for rhythm and freshness to spread the minutes around to a smaller pool of guys.

Good to get a win that was needed so badly. Easily the best Siewert has played in his two years with the Buffs. I am constantly amazed by this years team. Theyve outperformed my expectations and mine were higher than most people’s. Hard to imagine what this team would have been like if everyone had been available. None of the remaining games are easy but CU should have a shot in all of them except Washington.

Losing Brown definitely hurts, but there's plenty of depth to absorb that loss. Looks like Schwartz and Nikolic will continue to get some minutes every night.

We're still looking at M. Wright, N. Wright, Bey, King, Collier, Walton, Siewert, Nikolic, and Schwartz as 9 guys who deserve to be in the playing rotation; in some ways it's easier for rhythm and freshness to spread the minutes around to a smaller pool of guys.

We'll miss Deleon's perimeter defense. Collier's picked up his D a notch this season, time take it a tic higher.

Nice series of possessions by Bey as we were getting under 5 to go. I think he’s pretty close to what we would have thought the best case scenario for his freshman year could be. And damn my 4-yr old for going nuclear before I could see Siewart hit his daggers!

Will be harder to play to play man with brown out.

Good to get a win that was needed so badly. Easily the best Siewert has played in his two years with the Buffs. I am constantly amazed by this years team. Theyve outperformed my expectations and mine were higher than most people’s. Hard to imagine what this team would have been like if everyone had been available. None of the remaining games are easy but CU should have a shot in all of them except Washington.
Definitely think the home games against USC and UCLA are tougher than UW, regardless of venue.

Students were a huge disappointment. Cunit is dead.
That’s what happens to organizations when a larger governing body takes over and regulates. If CU let student organizations be a free and open, not only would Adam Smith be happy, but the organizations would be so much more organic and thrive. Who wants to be in a regulated club that’s supposed to be fun. No one. **** the Feds. Big Government kills.

That’s what happens to organizations when a larger governing body takes over and regulates. If CU let student organizations be a free and open, not only would Adam Smith be happy, but the organizations would be so much more organic and thrive. Who wants to be in a regulated club that’s supposed to be fun. No one. **** the Feds. Big Government kills.
Don't you go to school in north Dakota?

Tad had one-on-one meetings with a bunch of players after the Cal game (which he treated as a loss). He didn't go into much detail, but said they were not "pat you on the back" type interactions, but were very "in your face" challenges. He said that the big thing he likes about this team is that these guys respond to challenge.

Tad had one-on-one meetings with a bunch of players after the Cal game (which he treated as a loss). He didn't go into much detail, but said they were not "pat you on the back" type interactions, but were very "in your face" challenges. He said that the big thing he likes about this team is that these guys respond to challenge.

He's had his frustrations and they have a lot of the problems you get with a very young team but I get the impression that Tad is really enjoying Coaching this team.

He ripped Nikolic a new one during a timeout in the first half. Siewart got some to but Nikolic bore the brunt of it. It was pretty uncomfortable a couple sections over in my seats. Nikolic didn't get benched and was on the floor playing after the timeout though. Boyle is really coaching his ass off right now.

Honestly I didn't think this squad would win 4 games in conference play after the OOC.
Tonight it was obvious we had way more talent on the floor than the tree.
I've bemoaned Tad's sub rotations and still do to a degree, he sees them in practice every day I don't so.
There's an establishment of roles with this team that's been beguiling but worth watching develop.
I'll call the shot, these kids will make a good run and I'll go so far to say they can win the PAC 2 yrs from now.

My biggest take away from today is on Bey and Lazar. Not big stats from either, but they made Reid Travis "just a guy". I thought that was a big key to the game. Impressive defense by our Buffs in this one.

Don't you go to school in north Dakota?

He isn't wrong though.

The AD taking the CUnit under their umbrella, has killed it. The focus on making the CUnit "family friendly" has destroyed what made the heart of what made our student section so much fun. The CUnit saw the line between being funny and obnoxious and stood on it. They were unpredictable and creative. Now every new idea has to pass through the marketing department, and they HATE unpredictable.

He isn't wrong though.

The AD taking the CUnit under their umbrella, has killed it. The focus on making the CUnit "family friendly" has destroyed what made the heart of what made our student section so much fun. The CUnit saw the line between being funny and obnoxious and stood on it. They were unpredictable and creative. Now every new idea has to pass through the marketing department, and they HATE unpredictable.

and it was a great thing!

CU in general seems to be in the business of killing anything that threatens to be fun when it comes to sports.

He isn't wrong though.

and it was a great thing!

CU in general seems to be in the business of killing anything that threatens to be fun when it comes to sports.

Do we think that something like the "Curtain of Distraction" at ASU would get approved at CU these days?

We just a need rowdy involved student section and the AD should be doing anything GM they can to encourage it. That was one thing Bohn did right.

Do we think that something like the "Curtain of Distraction" at ASU would get approved at CU these days?

I dislike ASU, but that’s pretty good stuff.
Say what you want about Mike Bohn, most of the criticisms are valid. He was very good at generating student involvement. RG either doesn’t know how or simply doesn’t care. It’s unfortunate. There are 30,000 undergrads at CU- Boulder. It shouldn’t be too hard to get 3,000 at a basketball game. One in ten?

Forget the curtain of distraction, you think this would pass anymore?

BfPFU92CcAA6UA8.jpg:large

Perhaps the students need to form a new group.

Step away from the c-unit and the big brother rules.

Craft a new Declaration of Insolence.

March into the Keg to the beat of a new drum. Stand against oppression - stand together and be heard.

C'MON STUDENTS, REACH FOR YOUR FREEDOMS! REPEL THE TYRANNY!

(If it worked in the 60's, it can work again)

Back