What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week! (Exhibition Style)

I'd honestly love to see Eli shoot 3-4 a game! He showed such great form last year and hit at a high rate. He definitely is more of a catch and shoot player though so somebody needs to help create those opportunities for him.
Yeah, 3pt shooting may not be our forte this season based on how the shots came off hands last night. 🤮

Outside shooting may be a concern, but everything else was a positive other than bari picking up the same dumb fouls
The thing that jumped out to me is that Kee & Jabari had cold nights behind the arc. I'm not worried about their shooting. But after them it's thin. We absolutely can't afford to have them go combined 1/7 when playing peer competition or we will lose.

The thing that jumped out to me is that Kee & Jabari had cold nights behind the arc. I'm not worried about their shooting. But after them it's thin. We absolutely can't afford to have them go combined 1/7 when playing peer competition or we will lose.
Yes, I think this is where we will really miss Quincy Allen. Floor spacing will be a problem against better teams. CU is going to need to push the pace when they force turnovers or get defensive rebounds so the defense isn't set.

Horne was a boomerang. You can't stop a boomerang.
I really liked all 3 of the guys that transferred last year even though they all struggled at times. Horne struggled at the end but I don't think we have nearly as good of a season last year without his contribution. I wish them all the best this year and hopefully they can make a go of it in Europe if they are so motivated.

So, who is the Starting 5?

As mentioned, I will be at the game on Sunday morning and I expect:

1 - Kee
2 - Parquet
3/4 - Jabari
4 - Battey
4/5 - Da Silva

First Subs = Simpson and Lovering?

I look forward to seeing everyone play in person and to see how much Clifford and O'Brien fit or do not fit against other D1 players

Go Buffs

I really liked all 3 of the guys that transferred last year even though they all struggled at times. Horne struggled at the end but I don't think we have nearly as good of a season last year without his contribution. I wish them all the best this year and hopefully they can make a go of it in Europe if they are so motivated.
I don’t have one bad word to say about any of the three. But I also think it’s best both for each of them and for our program that they all moved on. Their replacements may not fill their production this year but the younger guys needed to get their new roles this year.

So, who is the Starting 5?

As mentioned, I will be at the game on Sunday morning and I expect:

1 - Kee
2 - Parquet
3/4 - Jabari
4 - Battey
4/5 - Da Silva

First Subs = Simpson and Lovering?

I look forward to seeing everyone play in person and to see how much Clifford and O'Brien fit or do not fit against other D1 players

Go Buffs
The first two grouping were
1 Kee
2 Parquet
3 Walker
3 DaSilva
4 Battey

1 Simpson
2 Hammond
3 Clifford
4 O’Brien
5 Lovering

Then it was mix and match the eddy of the night.

Last edited:
The first two grouping were
1 Kee
2 Parquet
3 Walker
3 DaSilva
4 Battey

1 Simpson
2 Hammond
3 Clifford
4 O’Brien
5 Lovering

Then it was mix and match the eddy of the night.
So, based on your observations, and you being Tad for a day, who would be the absolute starting 5, then the 6th and 7th guy?

So, based on your observations, and you being Tad for a day, who would be the absolute starting 5, then the 6th and 7th guy?
That first 5 are your starters until something crazy happens. Simpson 1. Lovering 2. Clifford 3.

I'd like to adjust my take on Da Silva. I was unaware he grew to 6'10", and given that, my concerns about his athleticism are no longer a big deal. He's at least as good an athlete as Josh Scott, and I think he's got more perimeter skills than Josh. He's not the low post player Josh was, but at 6'10, Da Silva has a very useful skillset.

I'd like to adjust my take on Da Silva. I was unaware he grew to 6'10", and given that, my concerns about his athleticism are no longer a big deal. He's at least as good an athlete as Josh Scott, and I think he's got more perimeter skills than Josh. He's not the low post player Josh was, but at 6'10, Da Silva has a very useful skillset.
With Battey your 5 doesn't have to be as much of a low post presence, Evan changes a lot of dynamics on the floor with his body size.

Would be interesting to see a Parquet, Walker, DaSilva, Battey, Lovering lineup. 😁

Glad all it took was him showing out in a D2 exhibition game haha, but all aboard the Da Silva Bahn der Hype.

(braces for Goose's statistical rebuttal)

Glad all it took was him showing out in a D2 exhibition game haha, but all aboard the Da Silva Bahn der Hype.

Man, if DaSilva ends up being a statistical outlier, I will never have been so happy to be wrong. I love the kid. I just don't want unrealistic expectations placed upon him.

Man, if DaSilva ends up being a statistical outlier, I will never have been so happy to be wrong. I love the kid. I just don't want unrealistic expectations placed upon him.

totally, was just joking in my post, but also hope us buffs bball fans aren’t too irrational with criticizing players for not meeting the expectations we place on them

re: the highlights…Kee looks good

To be fair, I haven't watched the highlights or looked at the box score. My change of heart is completley due to him growing 3 inches.

To be fair, I haven't watched the highlights or looked at the box score. My change of heart is completley due to him growing 3 inches.
Yeah. He kind of went from marginally athletic for his size to plus athleticism for his size. Now that I don't see him as someone who will need to guard wings (including against a 3-G lineup), he's in a different category I'm feeling really good about.

Slow start
Jabari needs to take control of the floor
Same goes for Evan down low
Da Silva’s 2 fouls were weak

Back