What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week - Nebraska

I love it.
CU= CSU’s Super Bowl
NU= Bluff’s super bowl!

All because of a VERY one sided all-time W/L record! :ROFLMAO:
*que triggered buff fan to post “scoreboard” or the drooled over 62 point effort* “Remember that one time!!!”

To that I simply respond...49-19-2...

Given what I'm seeing coming out of Lincoln this week.........we're not the ones who are treating this like our super bowl bubba.

Last edited:
The only worry I have is a selfish one. I want Viska to win the Biletnikoff, be in the heisman discussion, and be a top 15 pick in next years draft. That is very very good for CU. I worry that he isn't going to have that kind of season because of the coverage he is going to see.

That being said, defenses being so focused on him, is going to open up the rest of the offense to do some serious damage, which is good news for everyone.

I saw this one coming last year, especially during PAC12 play. He lit ASU up, and thus the do anything to stop #2 from touching the ball commenced...along with injury.

It was apparent that CSU threw any trick they had in the bag to slow/stop/contain looks to Viska. He still had a respectable game. It would have been nice for him to have pulled in the dime that he lost in the lights.

As they say, big players rise to the occasion. I think we may seem some big things from Viska, as well as KD and Brown...Stanley too, as far as receivers go. Harris, Russell, Fontenot, Mangham, Montez...there is some potent fire power on hand. If the line can buy Montez some time...watch out! Control the ball, control the tempo.

We probably aren't going to see a ton of him in wildcat, except for short yardage. Expect a lot more WR screens, and fly sweeps so you basically guarantee the ball in his hands and then give him a little space to work.

**** that. What with the fly sweep he ran on fourth down against CSU and Montez's 8 yard QB sneak, I don't think I need to see 'viska in the wildcat this season.

**** that. What with the fly sweep he ran on fourth down against CSU and Montez's 8 yard QB sneak, I don't think I need to see 'viska in the wildcat this season.

No! No more unnecessary liability. We have a budding RB that can run decent between tackles and a QB that sneak if needed. It’s fun to see Viska in any look possible, but why the risk?

I have high hopes for Viska this season, but he isn't going to sneak up on anyone. Teams are going to double him until CU proves they can hurt them in other ways. CSU had to start loosening up a bit in the 2nd half because we were running the ball down their throats, and they couldn't keep the safeties as deep.

Viska is going to need someone to step up to help loosen up the coverage.
I’m all good with bubble to Viska, inside screen, flare out of backfield, reverse, speed option, jet sweep, toss sweep and Wildcat in certain situations.

The only worry I have is a selfish one. I want Viska to win the Biletnikoff, be in the heisman discussion, and be a top 15 pick in next years draft. That is very very good for CU. I worry that he isn't going to have that kind of season because of the coverage he is going to see.

That being said, defenses being so focused on him, is going to open up the rest of the offense to do some serious damage, which is good news for everyone.
I agree. And honestly, the best way to avoid teams doubling up on Viska is to have a guy like KD Nixon or Dmitri Stanley go off. Or Mangham or Fontenot.

If Fontenot keeps getting 125 yds and 3 TDs each week, defenses will be forced to adjust and Viska will benefit.

I expect kNU to come out with all the energy in the world. CSU 2.0. Frost is going to have them fired up and playing over the edge. That should lead to some mistakes by them, but we may get unlucky there. We weather that storm and go into the half close and I will feel good about our chances. Nebraska is brittle.

I don't mean to be that guy, but our receivers are only going to be as good as Montez is. Like it or not, WR is a dependent position.

Viska is a dominant player and we can get him the ball in multiple ways, it's true. But for Nixon, Brown, et al to benefit from Viska getting extra attention, Montez needs to get them the ball consistently, and in ways that are going to allow them to make plays.

I'm excited to see Tuckers efforts rewarded in the 4th quarter too. Conditioning and altitude should play a bigger part in this game since there isn't a manure pile over 700' high in the land of corn, meth, and piss balloon receptacles.
I expect kNU to come out with all the energy in the world. CSU 2.0. Frost is going to have them fired up and playing over the edge. That should lead to some mistakes by them, but we may get unlucky there. We weather that storm and go into the half close and I will feel good about our chances. Nebraska is brittle.

Hit Martinez hard and early. HIT HIM..... Have Callier say hi.

wgb gnm

I agree but I think tucker has our guys just as fired up. Playing that way often leads to mistakes and penalties so let’s hope that materializes for Nub U.

Keys to the game are easy.

1) bend don’t break and give up big plays
2) Run the ball
3) Hit the open man

Basically just play football.

I'm excited to see Tuckers efforts rewarded in the 4th quarter too. Conditioning and altitude should play a bigger part in this game since there isn't a manure pile over 700' high in the land of corn, meth, and piss balloon receptacles.

Hit Martinez hard and early. HIT HIM..... Have Callier say hi.

Be aggressive, but if we overplay him like we were CSU-we're in trouble.

It wasn't bogus. CSU played straight zone, and bracket covered him every single play. Viska being double covered every play meant someone was open somewhere. Laviska needs his other receivers to be just as dangerous so that teams can't afford to double him. If that doesn't happen, he is going to be a very very talented decoy for a lot of this season.
Viska against a zone should produce about eleventy billion yards and about 500 points a game.

I might just be trying to talk myself into optimism about matchups, but I'm really unimpressed with Nebraska's O-Line, especially the interior. They have a few new/unproven guys that struggled last week, and they had trouble snapping the ball quite a bit, especially in the 1st half. Unless that unit really improves this week, I like the matchup vs. our front 7.

I might just be trying to talk myself into optimism about matchups, but I'm really unimpressed with Nebraska's O-Line, especially the interior. They have a few new/unproven guys that struggled last week, and they had trouble snapping the ball quite a bit, especially in the 1st half. Unless that unit really improves this week, I like the matchup vs. our front 7.
Funny that you should mention this. I saw the same thing in that game. I also was rewatching some of the RMS last night, and was unimpressed with our DLine's get off. It looked like they had tired legs (that's what I am hoping anyway), and was a big reason for the lack of pressure on Hill. If we don't improve on the DLine, and the Nubs play the same, we might get to see a big ole pillow fight in the trenches. I expect both sides to play much better on Saturday.

I love it.
CU= CSU’s Super Bowl
NU= Bluff’s super bowl!

All because of a VERY one sided all-time W/L record! :ROFLMAO:
*que triggered buff fan to post “scoreboard” or the drooled over 62 point effort* “Remember that one time!!!”

To that I simply respond...33-28

Fixed.

No! No more unnecessary liability. We have a budding RB that can run decent between tackles and a QB that sneak if needed. It’s fun to see Viska in any look possible, but why the risk?

Put him back there and let him throw. That would be fun.

I say line him up at OLB and let him rush the passer a couple times a game - remember Miles Jack he was voted offense and defensive player of the year

Unless he gets bracketed. Which he did. All game.
I wouldn't expect that to change, all year. Doing whatever, to get him the rock, needs to happen. I still don't want a lot of wildcat stuff. Here and there, sure. Just don't over do it. Make no mistake, he's the face of the team, on the player side.

Back