What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's Bball end non-conference play hosting CSU- Bakersfield (Sat., 12/18/21,Noon, Pac 12) & #7 Kansas (CANCELLED Tues.,7:00 PM)

That's great news on Walker. If he and Kee have great games we have a puncher's chance. If not it could get ugly.

Preview out for tomorrow's game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/12/20/mens-basketball-boyles-buffs-set-to-host-no-7-kansas.aspx

"
BOULDER — As Colorado coach Tad Boyle is fond of saying, the price of poker goes up considerably for his Buffaloes beginning this week.

The Buffs (9-3 overall, 1-1 Pac-12) wrap up the non-conference portion of their schedule Tuesday with a 7 p.m. game against seventh-ranked Kansas, then take a holiday break before hitting the road for the first two of 18 straight conference games.

Colorado plays at Oregon on Dec. 30 (9 p.m. MT, Pac-12 Networks), then at Oregon State on New Year's Day (6:30 p.m., Pac-12).

The matchup with the 9-1 Jayhawks will be Colorado's third against a ranked team this season, following a game at UCLA (No. 5) and at home against Tennessee (No. 13). CU lost both of those encounters.

Tuesday's game is expected to be sold out.

"I'm looking forward to having the CU Events Center full of Buff fans," Boyle said Saturday after Colorado defeated CSU Bakersfield at home. "More importantly than that, it's having our team ready to play and having them ready to defend a very efficient offensive team that has really good players … We're going to have to make shots. We'll have to execute. We'll have to be strong with the ball. It's a hell of an opportunity. That's all you can ask for in life."
"

We'll need a 'perfect storm' tonight. A couple of guys like Simpson, O'B on fire, Lovering breaks out. Line went from 9 to 10.5. Probably fair.

Watching some Stanford/Tx, the TV said it was part of the "P12 Coast to Coast Challenge". Huh?

"The Texas Longhorns arrived in Las Vegas on Friday and got to see renowned magician David Copperfield before their Sunday showdown with Stanford in the Pac 12 Coast-to-Coast Challenge". (espn)

We'll need a 'perfect storm' tonight. A couple of guys like Simpson, O'B on fire, Lovering breaks out. Line went from 9 to 10.5. Probably fair.

Watching some Stanford/Tx, the TV said it was part of the "P12 Coast to Coast Challenge". Huh?

"The Texas Longhorns arrived in Las Vegas on Friday and got to see renowned magician David Copperfield before their Sunday showdown with Stanford in the Pac 12 Coast-to-Coast Challenge". (espn)
I'm just happy it's at the CEC and Walker is available gives us a fighters chance. I do like how we match up though. We need Eli to shut down Ogbaji and just hope Braun doesn't kill us.

Agree on the "perfect storm". But, I think more importantly than having some players break out we can't have guys go MIA. Walker, Kee and DaSilva need to show up and play like they're capable of from the start. Battey and Parquet have played in these types of games and will be fully focused. Any spark we get from Simpson, Clifford and Lovering will be a bonus. Finally and probably most importantly, the fans need to be insane tonight. I honestly believe that could be the biggest factor in winning or losing. Let's be honest, the crowd intensity (most notably the now neutered and pathetic CUnit) has been mediocre at best for the most part this season. A great crowd atmosphere could actually help will this team to an upset. That, and making g'damn FTs!

it's going to be a long day trying to focus on anything besides the game.

How floppy is ku? I’m imagining the nightmare scenario of battey riding the pine with fouls. I’m guessing they have decent sized bigs who won’t look like rag dolls when there is a bump, but I don’t know.

Take care of the ball.

Rebound.

Don't allow KU to go on runs.

If we get that, we're a good shooting night away from pulling an upset.

Back