What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games Thread - Men's BBall hosts #15/17 Oregon (Thurs., 1/7, 3:00 MT, FS1) and is scheduled to visit Utah (Monday, 4:00 MT, Pac 12 Networks)

Got the job done, all that matters. It doesn't have to be cute, execute when you need to, they did that.

Nice, satisfying, gutsy, win!!!

Yep MKW is a stud! Ducks had no answer. We have a huge hole to fill next year. Barthelemy hasn't made the progress I had hoped and he seems a bit lost. If this keeps up, Tad may hand the keys to Hammond next year. I'm holding out hope Barthelemy can improve to be a good floor general, all the physical tools are there.

Buffs shot poorly, but solid D, rebs and fast break points got us through. The turnovers caused by Oregons press is concerning. Instead of playing hot potato, CU needs to attack and look to score against the press.

Love Parquet, does all the little things and a gritty defender.

Battey is learning how to play without fouling, and that's huge for this team.

Home, just keep shooting, that shot is pretty even when it doesn't go in. He has been a great addition to this team.

Daniels, please get hot one day and hit like 5 there's in a row. If you keep throwing em up, you gotta get hot one day, right? I'm waiting for it.

I find myself saying this after every game but need to find Walker more minutes. His energy and length on offense and defense is a problem for opponents.

And it was nice to see Schwartz have a good game. Couple nice little right hand finishes in the paint. Well done.

Regardless of this dumbass critique, All of the team played their butts off on defense!!! Great effort and Congrats. Great win!

The Oregon press is very good. Would love to see us use it as effectively at altitude to wear teams down.
The Buffs have fallen apart in the past from Oregon's press and lost a lead and the game. Nice to see them work through it today. Great win.

Nice, satisfying, gutsy, win!!!

Yep MKW is a stud! Ducks had no answer. We have a huge hole to fill next year. Barthelemy hasn't made the progress I had hoped and he seems a bit lost. If this keeps up, Tad may hand the keys to Hammond next year. I'm holding out hope Barthelemy can improve to be a good floor general, all the physical tools are there.

Buffs shot poorly, but solid D, rebs and fast break points got us through. The turnovers caused by Oregons press is concerning. Instead of playing hot potato, CU needs to attack and look to score against the press.

Love Parquet, does all the little things and a gritty defender.

Battey is learning how to play without fouling, and that's huge for this team.

Home, just keep shooting, that shot is pretty even when it doesn't go in. He has been a great addition to this team.

Daniels, please get hot one day and hit like 5 there's in a row. If you keep throwing em up, you gotta get hot one day, right? I'm waiting for it.

I find myself saying this after every game but need to find Walker more minutes. His energy and length on offense and defense is a problem for opponents.

And it was nice to see Schwartz have a good game. Couple nice little right hand finishes in the paint. Well done.

Regardless of this dumbass critique, All of the team played their butts off on defense!!! Great effort and Congrats. Great win!
Just want to point out that Daniels is shooting 40% on 42 attempts and Horne is shooting 46% on 37 attempts. Those are both good numbers.

The game's over? I thought it was at 9pm! Replay somewhere? Great win.
My comments: Maddux's shot never looks like it will go in, but the numbers don't lie. Keep shooting! I agree with Sally - Roundball Rock is for Bulls vs Jazz only. Seems out of place anywhere else.

Finished watching replay, great game. Couldnt agree more with Tads comments below. Players like him come along rarely.
"McKinley Wright's been doing what he did for us tonight for four years. He's one of the most consistent players I've ever coached, one of the most dependable players. Even when he doesn't play well, he's going to give you everything he's got. His teammates love him, he loves his teammates. I'm just running out of things to say about the kid. To do what he's doing, he deserves any kind of recognition and accolades he gets. But the one thing I love about McKinley is all he cares about is winning. That's what makes him so special." — CU head coach Tad Boyle

The Oregon press is very good. Would love to see us use it as effectively at altitude to wear teams down.
The Buffs have fallen apart in the past from Oregon's press and lost a lead and the game. Nice to see them work through it today. Great win.
The press is so darn tough and useful, and it would be great to have it in our repertoire for us to use it and for us to know how to break it! Especially in the big tournament! Was a great game, and I felt throughout the game that we were the better team! Kin was the best player on the court. Battey is a Buffalo Beast and Charles Barkley Junior. Horne is legit and experienced, Walker is gonna be super special, and Schwartz and Parquet have grown, matured, added nice strength and power, and are rock solid D1 players. Let's take the league and not be shy in any games.

cubuffs preview for tomorrow's game (along with a couple others) - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/1/10/...-open-three-game-six-day-stretch-at-utah.aspx

"
BOULDER — With three games over the next six days, Tad Boyle's Colorado Buffaloes have a chance to move out of the "muck" and into the Pac-12's upper division.

The Buffs (8-3 overall, 2-2 Pac-12) are currently tied for sixth in the league standings with Washington State. They open their week Monday with a 4 p.m. game at Utah, followed by home games Thursday against Cal (noon) and Saturday against Stanford (1 p.m.). All three will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.

MILESTONES AHEAD: If Colorado senior point guard McKinley Wright IV hits his season average Monday for assists (5.2 per game), he will surpass former Colorado great Jay Humphries as CU's all-time assists leader.

Wright enters the game with 558 career assists, just four behind Humphries' career mark of 562.

"He's breaking a guy's record who I played against," Boyle said. "Jay Humphries played 15 years in the NBA. He was a helluva player at Colorado, was a helluva player in the NBA. He's breaking a guy's record who was a really special player."

NET RANKINGS: The Buffs were at No. 11 in Sunday's latest NCAA NET rankings, the highest-ranked Pac-12 team. The Buffs have two Quadrant One victories, at USC (No. 16) and home against Oregon (25). Other Pac-12 teams in the top 50 include UCLA (31), Arizona (36) and Stanford (46).

NATIONAL LEADERS: Heading into Sunday's action, Colorado was still the nation's best free throw shooting team, hitting 85.64 percent of its attempts (169 of 195). That includes eight players hitting at least 80 percent of their tries.

WHAT'S AT STAKE: The Buffs this week face two teams behind them in the conference standings and one ahead of them. CU has yet to win back-to-back conference games this year, something a win Monday would accomplish. Meanwhile, a 3-0 week would move Colorado up in the division standings and provide some much-needed momentum for what's ahead. After this week, CU heads back on the road for a pair of games at the Washington schools.

SCOUTING REPORT

Utah (4-4, 1-3) —
The Utes are coming off of a 79-73 loss to Oregon on Saturday, a game they had a chance to win — but one in which they committed an uncharacteristic 18 turnovers.

The Utes are led by 6-foot-6 forward Timmy Allen, who leads his team in scoring (15.4 points) and rebounding (5.3 rpg). They also have capable scorers in guard Alfonso Plummer (13.4 ppg) and 6-8 forward Mikael Jantunen (10.3 ppg). Plummer and fellow guard Rylan Jones are also dangerous 3-point shooters.

As usual, Larry Krystkowiak's Utes are solid defensively, giving up 65.75 points per game (fourth in the Pac-12)
"

I'm a college BB fan, but not real knowledgeable.
I've always liked Dallas, but it seems to me the players have moved better in the paint, and moved the ball better, these last 2 games. So, today the Buffs hit on all cylinders and beat utah easy. I think D'Shawn has turned a corner, gotten some extra confidence and toughness.

A good thing about these 2 afternoon games, is that all the hardcore college BB junkies have no other games to watch, and a guy like MW gets the attention he deserves. Lot of coaches, scouts, elite players watching him. I grew up idolizing Willie Mays and MW reminds me of him. They don't look alike, but both have a wonderfully happy, disingenuous way about them. He'll be a star in Europe, if no-where else

I'm a college BB fan, but not real knowledgeable.
I've always liked Dallas, but it seems to me the players have moved better in the paint, and moved the ball better, these last 2 games. So, today the Buffs hit on all cylinders and beat utah easy. I think D'Shawn has turned a corner, gotten some extra confidence and toughness.
Thanks, B-walk.

Back