What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Men's bball starts Pac 12 play with a 3 game road trip @ Arizona (Monday, 12/28, 7:30 PM MT), USC (Thurs., 8:00 PM) & UCLA (Sat., 6:00)

I don’t hate the Daniels shot. The second one was a bonus and obviously...not so great.

Daniels had the wide open base line three and pinched in between the rim and backboard. The worst possible result. Guys just didn’t click tonight.

McKinley needs to try to carry this team earlier in these close games.

That was 1 of 3 remaining games that Barttorvik projected us to lose. Good effort from the guys considering it's their 3rd game in 6 days

At worst, Barthelemy looks to be a decent player. He could be a really good player.

Looking at stats, it looks like we struggled again with getting 2nd chance points. We have to figure out how to get onto the offensive glass and turn that into some extra points.

Looking forward to next year's class getting here. I think this team can be competitive, but is lacking in talent. Battey does not appear to have taken the step I was hoping for (I still love Evan Battey), but he seems to be about the same player he was last year, which is still a good player. We'll probably be a bubble team.

Without looking at any actual stats I think that Battey has improved since last year. I feel like his fouling has gotten better and he’s been better on D and O.

I think we are better than bubble team, but not more than that. A 7-8 seed would be a good season to me.

Reactions: wip
We don't have enough size. Especially when Walton can not play.
Agree. And it gets worse when both Battey and Walker are saddled with fouls in the second half. Da Silva is more of a wing, so he's a bit out of his comfort zone having to be physical.

Both teams seemed really determined to play tremendous on the ball defense making it very difficult to get an offense in sync. UCLA was successful in forcing CU to start farther from the basket than they'd like.

Looking at stats, it looks like we struggled again with getting 2nd chance points. We have to figure out how to get onto the offensive glass and turn that into some extra points.
It seemed like we got almost no contested O rebounds. Very disappointing loss.

potentially the biggest area where we are missing Bey and Lucas in? I see Jabari and Schwartz as the two guys who want O Rebs the most, they just aren’t finishing

I believe he was in foul trouble most of the night

Yep. Classic young big on D

I believe D’Shawn got at least two fouls called on the Bruins after beating them for position on an offensive board...not like we capitalized on those second chances though

I believe he was in foul trouble most of the night
4 fouls in 9 minutes.

He's got 21 in 126 minutes this year.

A foul every 6 minutes, does not equate to getting more minutes.

He's been if foul trouble most of the season.

The USC/Arizona games were better, 29 minutes, 2 fouls combined. Also 15 points and 7 rebounds.

Back