What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Men's bball starts Pac 12 play with a 3 game road trip @ Arizona (Monday, 12/28, 7:30 PM MT), USC (Thurs., 8:00 PM) & UCLA (Sat., 6:00)

This Buffs team looks physically like the absolute best Buffs team I can remember! KB is a stud, JW is dynamic, Horne is an ideal experienced replacement for Bey, and Battey is Battey, and Kin is god.
Tad needs to figure the right buttons to push and I hope Dallas is OK. Need to blow teams out to rest Kin and get good minutes for the bench.
Great Win
Wish we could play Arizona again on this road trip to right the wrong

USC hot from 3 in the 2nd half, Buffs ice cold and some home cooking from the refs. (How the hell does Kin get a foul called on him for standing in a spot and getting knocked to the court when the opponent pivots into him? That's a charge or a no-call.)

Getting a road win fairly comfortably despite that gives me a lot of hope for what this team is capable of.
It's a nice squad, impessive throughout and deep. My concern is Kee... Tad gives him ample time and opportunities, however, when he is running point, the offense lags. Kin has to continually put the team on his back. For this team to improve, Kee will need to run the offense better when Kin is on the bench or doubled teamed at the post (the formula used by Arizona).

Had to watch is recorded late last night but that was a fun game to watch. CU first half was about as good as you could ask for. Horne needs to start instead of Dallas. That starting 5 last night was the best mix we have seen. Schwartz played so well and seems to finally be getting his legs underneath him. Kin is kin and freaking amazing. Battey was a difference maker.

One question though, how did we win without seeing strating play? Lol

great win now cap this thing by getting over on Fucla!

Last edited:
Great win!

- a 5 pt play?!?! Wtf....
- Maybe my expectations were too high, but im really hoping Kee takes a step fwd. His handles aren't as tight as I had hoped, his shot selection is erratic (selfish) at times, and I had hoped he was better at driving. Could still be a solid player, but was hoping it'd be this season to team w Kin for something special.
- Jabari has a chance to get drafted one day.
- Battey...we talk about Kin not getting enough pub, but the kid is outstanding. He gets in foil trouble, but I feel every game I've seen some are bogus, bull**** calls...

**** UCLA! Let's go!

It's a nice squad, impessive throughout and deep. My concern is Kee... Tad gives him ample time and opportunities, however, when he is running point, the offense lags. Kin has to continually put the team on his back. For this team to improve, Kee will need to run the offense better when Kin is on the bench or doubled teamed at the post (the formula used by Arizona).

This is true. Check out the plus/minus from last night. That being said, it's not as bad as in past seasons and hopefully Kee can just hold the line when McKinley is sitting.

cubuffs.com_documents_2020_12_31_Colorado_72_USC_62.PDF.png

Walton made 2 pasta Jays references. One was that the front court looked like they were loading up there. The other that the team was going to party on NYE all night at PJs. Boulder is clearly his spiritual home. Mine too!

After the AZ game the P12 network showed the 2012 P12 tournament game CU vs AZ. That was the peak of Tad ball. I think this year’s team can match or surpass if they tighten up the defense. This is the best Buffs offense I’ve ever seen.

Walton made 2 pasta Jays references. One was that the front court looked like they were loading up there. The other that the team was going to party on NYE all night at PJs. Boulder is clearly his spiritual home. Mine too!
I’ve always wondered what his connection to Boulder is. We were at the Dead and Company concert in ‘19 and he was there, of course. He probably makes several of their concerts around the country. But he speaks of Boulder as someone who spends a lot of time there.

After the AZ game the P12 network showed the 2012 P12 tournament game CU vs AZ. That was the peak of Tad ball. I think this year’s team can match or surpass if they tighten up the defense. This is the best Buffs offense I’ve ever seen.
Yep, the way SC came out gunning last night, teams of old would have been in a big hole from the go. This team can score.

Walton loves Boulder and has for a long time. Boulder will always be my spiritual home, too.

Walton is a huge Deadhead. He follows them around the country when they tour. With all of his tidbits about Boulder, he is in Boulder for more than just covering hoops.

So Texas just beat Kansas by 25. Some xrazy games this year. And maybe homecourt advsntsge is minimal...except we still have the sltitude advantage except for Utah.

Buffs ragged, ucla playing some D
had to turn the volume down to kill the "crowd noise"

Back