What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) Men's bball scheduled to be on the road @ #25 Oregon (Thurs., 2/18, 9:00 PM MT, ESPN2) & OSU (Sat., 6:00 PM, ESPNU)

Tad leaves Evan and to an extent Dallas on the court because they actually bother to play defense. Horne is good on the outside, but once his guy gets to the paint, he might as well start jogging to the other end.

One specific play last night - give and go from Horne's assignment - once he passed it, Horne didn't even look at his man until he was in the air for the layup.

I'm feeling like Da Silva was greatly undersold. The Freeballin' guys painted him as unathletic and kind of just filling up a scholorship. (And they are as dialed in on CU hoops as anyone.) What a pleasant surprise.
deSilva has matured and acclimated to the college game much faster than the other Frosh. That includes Walker. Walker is leveraging superior talent to play at a high level at this point. The Freeballin' guys may "dialed in", but it's a podcast and in this day and age everybody has a damn podcast. Doesn't mean you have anymore insight than the next guy. Just sayin'.

Just finally watched the game after a long day. These games are why I do love this team and especially Kin. After today, I do see McKinley in the NBA, if anything a solid Backup Point Guard with a 10-year career after maybe a few seasons in the "G" League. He is a leader, a winner, and has a complete game. Love the guy.

As for your comments, it is really hard to see why Tad believes putting Dallas and Evan on the court at the same time is a good idea, because the lane is crowded, neither are really that good of passers, thus the ball stops when it hits their hands, and Horne IS the 2nd best player on this team and should be on the court far more minutes than either Dallas or Evan. Now, Dallas actually did not play that many minutes, and Horne had more, but Dallas starts and I get the sense that Tad does not have the balls to just start Jeriah, and declare that even though he is a one year guy, that he is worthy of starting and we play to win here.

Great win, need to split the homestand and then be ready to run the tourney, especially with Jabari hopefully coming back.
My only counter to this. Can you imagine our second unit without Jeriah. How do we have any semblance of offense with Maddox, Barthelemy, Dallas, and TDS. I think we need Dallas to play 15 ministers regardless to prevent fouls trouble. Him getting us 5 points 3 rebounds and maybe a block in those 15 minutes is all I can really ask for. Think he does his role fine.

I'm feeling like Da Silva was greatly undersold. The Freeballin' guys painted him as unathletic and kind of just filling up a scholorship. (And they are as dialed in on CU hoops as anyone.) What a pleasant surprise.
He's showing a lot. They back injury early in the year must have been slowing him down quite a bit

My only counter to this. Can you imagine our second unit without Jeriah. How do we have any semblance of offense with Maddox, Barthelemy, Dallas, and TDS. I think we need Dallas to play 15 ministers regardless to prevent fouls trouble. Him getting us 5 points 3 rebounds and maybe a block in those 15 minutes is all I can really ask for. Think he does his role fine.
The bench shrinks a lot in the tourney, and my only point is in the PAC12 or NCAA do you not start Jeriah?

He's probably the worst shooter in that group though, his .326 career from 3 point gets a bit overlooked because he's canned a few memorable ones in crunch time.
Things change a lot at the professional level. It becomes a guy’s full time job and the level of coaching is much better. Guys improve a lot after they become pros.

He's showing a lot. They back injury early in the year must have been slowing him down quite a bit
Got to think Tad was seeing it in practice and giving him minutes fans didn't understand because he knew it was a matter of time until it translated.

This team goes into the postseason with a pretty deep front court, which I wouldn't have expected before the season started.

Got to think Tad was seeing it in practice and giving him minutes fans didn't understand because he knew it was a matter of time until it translated.

This team goes into the postseason with a pretty deep front court, which I wouldn't have expected before the season started.
He kept saying it and everyone not in the program thought he was insane. Granted we all had very little to go on other than mediocre junior year highlights from a tournament in Germany... And that tad had missed on every euro so far. But is till can't believe TDS did a hesitation move in mid air yesterday

If I recall TDS was considered more of a perimeter player but has been asked to play mostly inside. I think he missed some early games due covid and concussion? He has a good BB IQ and will get stronger and maybe more athletic in the next 3 years. Interesting from his bio that he speaks 5 languages, likes playing soccer, music and acting. Dad was a pro boxer in Brazil.

TDS is super smart. Smart athletes know how to analyze what they are doing and how to improve. That’s why I’m so good at golf. :ROFLMAO:

#35, far down the list in others receiving votes (8 points)

AP voters don't buy how NET (#21) and KenPom (#18) rank this team.

The AP Poll really loves the Big 12. Not saying those are bad teams, because they aren't, but it's **** Baylor and a bunch of top 35ish teams, not a bunch of top 18 teams.

The AP Poll really loves the Big 12. Not saying those are bad teams, because they aren't, but it's **** Baylor and a bunch of top 35ish teams, not a bunch of top 18 teams.
You can add the Big 10 to that list as well. Bracketology has like 9 of them getting in. GTFOH!

Buffs still in the "Last 4" in
Wait What GIF by Willie Jones

Ummm...

I had the same reaction, apparently Jerry Palm has the Buffs in his last 4 in as a 12 seed. Wildly off Bracket Matrix, which aggregates a whole bunch of projections, Buffs are on the 7 line there, with one other projection having them as an 11, a couple tens, and most everyone at 7 or 8. A few 4 seeds in there too.

I had the same reaction, apparently Jerry Palm has the Buffs in his last 4 in as a 12 seed. Wildly off Bracket Matrix, which aggregates a whole bunch of projections, Buffs are on the 7 line there, with one other projection having them as an 11, a couple tens, and most everyone at 7 or 8. A few 4 seeds in there too.
That's a joke.

That's a joke.
Jerry Palm & Co. are lost af.
- Xavier as an 8 seed? 5 of their wins are by a combined 11 points with an absolutely trash schedule.
- Oklahoma St as a 6 seed? 14-6 in a incredibly overrated conference and a bum ass non-con.
- Western Kentucky with a 10 seed? Conf USA is an embarassment these days.
- Oklahoma with a 2 seed? They'd get knocked out in the 2nd rd faster than their holder did last Saturday night.
- Rutgers with a 7 seed? Can the media just admit they were wrong in overhyping these turds early on? Guess not. Double down, WTF not?
- And finally, CSU with a 10 seed. GTFOH. The bottom 1/2 of the MWC is some of the worst D1 basketball out there. Wish we could play that "gauntlet" of Fresno, UNLV, Wyoming, UNM, USAF, and SJSU.

Back