What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) Men's bball scheduled to be on the road @ Stanford (Thurs.., 2/11, 5:00 PM MT, ESPN2) & Cal (Sat., 8:00 PM, ESPNU)

If, and an unlikely if, but if they lost 4 out of 5 to finish the season, they would absolutely be on the bubble if not out. This team bounces back well, I don't see that scenario happening.

Hopefully Getting Walker back in time for the tournament will be huge
FIFY

Wat. Washington shot 12/25 from 3. We were 6% at 1/18. Tsohonis made 4, three other guys made 2+.
You are correct, we were the 5.6 %. I read it wrong.

I did however, read that Tshonis has a career high 27 off the bench. My point still stands.

DO SOMETHING DIfFERENT WHEN MAN TO MAN ISN'T ****ING WORKING

We TADed it again on the road against a terrible team, and will continue to do so as long as he is at CU.

Last edited:
Cal has one freaking player. Can we not stop one guy? Box in One? Double team? Hell, deny the ball to him? Freaking annoying.

Stark difference from the last game where CU seemed poised. The offense seemed so different from the motion offense against Stanford. Maybe impatience and not taking the opponent serious???

When we hit from 3 point land, we are pretty good, not tonight. Cal outshot us by 12 points.

That team outrebounding us is atrocious, lack of energy, focus, or something.

Schwartz can get in the lane but misses bunnies. Cmon man.

MKW cannot come out with his impression of Jamal Murray and disappear for 30 mins of the game (congrats on the personal accomplishment though).

Da Silva should've gotten more minutes. He was pretty effective.

These Pac 12 refs, good grief. If your not USC or UCLA, your not getting calls. And they wonder why no Pac 12 teams are in the top 16.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a replay, but I feel like in the 1st couple minutes of the game we had 2 total 'gimmes', from 6 feet or less, and fired shots without really aiming. I was worried at that point. We do not respond well to adversity.

Terrible loss. If they get by the first round as a nine seed and get Michigan we will get blown off the court. Really really bad.

oy vey, the haters really coming back strong in this thread after having no fuel to talk during the Stanford game – not a good game for the team, at all, but they still have the potential to win the Pac-12 tourney – especially since we have a better record against the top half of the conference than against the bottom

I will admit that I am a bit frustrated with Kin, Battey, and Schwartz for various reasons...

Kin – you're under six feet my dude, lean on what makes you so good, which isn't forcing up shots against forwards and centers hoping for a foul call but just getting blocked instead
Battey – yes, the refs call some soft fouls due to your big size, but you also give them every reason to by allowing your emotions to affect you too much when things aren't going our way, this leads to some melodramatic flailing and flopping which invites more unnecessary contact and foul calls
Schwartz – be consistently aggressive, and take it personally when your defensive assignment is the one tearing us up and hitting shots in your eye

my biggest concern is seeing signs that our guys think they've earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to officiating (Tad fuels some of this), which leads to soft undisciplined play, I'd like to see us to channel those frustrations more productively

/long vent

Jake Shapiro on BuffStampede, with a good "ouch":

"Bradley is backing Eli down 16 feet from the basket, and he backs him down to four feet from the basket, and the foul is on Eli. You say, 'okay, well, I guess they're gonna shoot a lot of free throws,'" Boyle said. "We haven't been getting to the foul line as much as we usually do, and we've been fouling too much. I gotta start teaching flopping. I don't know what I've got to do as a coach, but I had to do something different than I'm doing right now because fouling the other team to put them at the line 28 times is not who we are."​

No coach, your guys do know how to flop. They flopped with their result Saturday.​
:ROFLMAO:

Yes on Jabari
We are not missing the tourney
We are in a precarious place now. Went from 12 to 19 in NET with another BAD loss. Losses in the next 4 wouldn't drop us that much based on quality of opponent, but maybe into the low 30s? And then you're on the bubble. We have to go at least 1-3.

Also, why are we playing @Utah again on 3/6?

We are in a precarious place now. Went from 12 to 19 in NET with another BAD loss. Losses in the next 4 wouldn't drop us that much based on quality of opponent, but maybe into the low 30s? And then you're on the bubble. We have to go at least 1-3.

Also, why are we playing @Utah again on 3/6?
That game was already played back on Jan 11th, so ignore it, just wrapping up the O's and U's.

Could we somehow and in some way get a bunch of Vaccinated Health Care Workers, or just some kind of fans for the final two home game?
One thing about this season for this team that is so unfair is not having fans in the stands. The C-Unit would rock with this team, especially Battey and his stanky face!

Back