What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) Men's bball scheduled to be on the road @ Stanford (Thurs.., 2/11, 5:00 PM MT, ESPN2) & Cal (Sat., 8:00 PM, ESPNU)

I predicted this result after the Stanford game. Was hoping it wouldn't happen, but our great game followed by ****ty game pattern is too well established.

We’re literally in third place even with a loss. You think this is a middle of pack team in Pac 12 and an NIT team. Those two things make you a dumbass.
Just lost to Cal. Also lost to Washington, Utah. Go believe we’re national champs. We could make it a couple rounds in the NIT.

How do you totally dismantle a team like Stanford which has MUCH more talent than Cal, and then struggle against these clowns?
Lack of focus and mental toughness. An absolute guarantee from a Tad Boyle anytime his teams start to feel good about themselves. His teams, at best, are "pretend" contenders.

IMO, it doesn't matter who he recruits. After 11 years, with a very good and extraordinarily experienced team, his team folds its tent against three bad teams in Cal, Washington and Utah.

"I told them after the game, good teams split on the road in Pac-12 play. Great teams sweep," said Boyle

Guess this is barely a good team

Three thoughts:

#1 Refs were absolutely garbage!!!
Inconsistent block and charge
Goaltending that every person in the gym saw

#2 Missed free throws we never miss

#3 Give Bradley from CAL credit

Oh and one more thing...the Refs sucked elephant dikks

Well, that team has a conference win now

At least we didn’t get ranked and then lose, right? Seems like we always lose a game we aren’t supposed to right after we get ranked, either in football or basketball.

its just like last season- we could have really challenged for the title but they blew it in games they should have won.

This is an NIT level team, not an NCAA tourney team.

It doesnt happen to all the teams. We beat Utah on the road but with this loss, we look like we will be lucky to finish in the middle of the conference.

It’s tough because I think you can’t find a better person to run this program but from a coaching stand point, you are right- we lose the games that count and when expectations are high, we lose.
We should really be playing in the MWC. We’d dominate there.

Because this isn’t a very good team. We play down to the level of competition. This was predictable. We had a chance to challenge for a top spot in the conference and there was an article about it. So the team plays poorly and there isn’t any urgency from the coaching staff to have them ready. We belong in the NIT not NCAA tourney.

Wow. Seems like I hit a nerve. Lol. Truth hurts huh?

Sure. You’re just upset that we’re a middle of the pack pac 12 team.

Just lost to Cal. Also lost to Washington, Utah. Go believe we’re national champs. We could make it a couple rounds in the NIT.
Quick check on your posting history and these are the only ones on the basketball forum this year. Nothing around or about any of our good wins. This makes you a C U N T.

Just a horrible effort on the glass tonight. Defense has been defenseless.

Which raises the question for me ... why did Dallas Walton have so few minutes tonight? Seems to me we could have used more rebounding and blocked shots on defense, and more offense inside, instead of settling for 3 pointers from way outside.

All the things we said about the Buffs after the Utah game are still true. Good, not great. Can't focus enough to overcome talent deficiencies.

How does Tad always manage to let 1 guy beat our entire team?

Bradley tonight

Plummer vs Utah

Tshonis vs Washington

Here's a clue Tad: Eli can't stop ****ING EVERYONE. Do something else. ANYTHING ELSE. Get off your ****ing man to man island and play some god damn zone when 1 ****ing player is ruining your god damn team.

Cal shot 31% from 3

Washington shot 5.6%. FIVE POINT SIX ****ING PERCENT.

PLAY ZONE WHEN 1 PLAYER IS DESTROYING YOUR MAN TO MAN DEFENSE - It's not that ****ing hard.

Yes on Jabari
We are not missing the tourney
If, and an unlikely if, but if they lost 4 out of 5 to finish the season, they would absolutely be on the bubble if not out. This team bounces back well, I don't see that scenario happening.

Getting Walker back in time for the tournament will be huge

How does Tad always manage to let 1 guy beat our entire team?

Bradley tonight

Plummer vs Utah

Tshonis vs Washington

Here's a clue Tad: Eli can't stop ****ING EVERYONE. Do something else. ANYTHING ELSE. Get off your ****ing man to man island and play some god damn zone when 1 ****ing player is ruining your god damn team.

Cal shot 31% from 3

Washington shot 5.6%. FIVE POINT SIX ****ING PERCENT.

PLAY ZONE WHEN 1 PLAYER IS DESTROYING YOUR MAN TO MAN DEFENSE - It's not that ****ing hard.
Wat. Washington shot 12/25 from 3. We were 6% at 1/18. Tsohonis made 4, three other guys made 2+.

If, and an unlikely if, but if they lost 4 out of 5 to finish the season, they would absolutely be on the bubble if not out. This team bounces back well, I don't see that scenario happening.

Getting Walker back in time for the tournament will be huge
Tad needs to coach every second
Be creative
Switch up D now and then
Throw a trap in
Work hard for everything
This team can handle it

Back