What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) Men's bball scheduled to host #18/19 USC (Thurs., 2/25, 7:00 MT, ESPN2) and (RV) UCLA (Sat., 8:00 MT, ESPN2)

To be fair, the refs sucked and UCLA was the victim of some bad calls down the stretch. We'd be cryin' too.
Yep. Horrible crew.

Stretches of soft calls when the whistle was blown every possession. Stretches of letting them play with nothing called. Head scratcher calls against offensive players, but also defenders getting whistled for stuff that should be no foul or on the offense. Weak technicals called on each side.

Inconsistency made it amateur hour officiating.

The worst thing, though, is that we had 2 teams who wanted to play the same style of basketball. No bad blood between them, just physical and aggressive. The refs decided they wanted to see a different style than all the coaches and players wanted - and that should never happen.

Yep. Horrible crew.

Stretches of soft calls when the whistle was blown every possession. Stretches of letting them play with nothing called. Head scratcher calls against offensive players, but also defenders getting whistled for stuff that should be no foul or on the offense. Weak technicals called on each side.

The worst thing, though, is that we had 2 teams who wanted to play the same style of basketball. No bad blood between them, just physical and aggressive. The refs decided they wanted to see a different style than all the coaches and players wanted - and that should never happen.
Yep, and how can you adjust? You really can't when they'll call it tight and then let teams play more physical. Just be consistent with it one way or the other, don't do both. I don't think that's asking a lot.

Yep. Horrible crew.

There was some physical play early in the game and plays where I was surprised a foul wasn’t called. I was thinking how refreshing it was that the officials were letting them play. Then, all of a sudden, they were calling everything. Weird.

Beat ASU and we finish 14-6 in conference

Oregon (11-4) has USC , Arizona, UCLA, OSU left

USC (13-5) has Stanford and UCLA

UCLA (13-4) has Oregon and USC

We split with Oregon and UCLA, and swept USC.

There's a path.

UCLA loses both, Stanford beats USC, Oregon State beats Oregon, and USC Arizona beats Oregon

Buffs 14-6
USC 14-6
UCLA 13-6
Oregon 12-6

This is the last time I'm going to think about the Washington, Cal, and Utah losses. Even one of those would have been huge.

Last edited:
Curious who you like as a color commentator.

My top 2 are Fran & Raftery. Fran's my fav to geek out with, but Raftery is the best mix of fun, energy & insight.
Those two are definitely great. I like Reggie Miller, Jay Bilas, Jay Williams and Chris Webber. I know some of those guys cross over to the NBA a bit too. Doris Burke is great too.

Least favorite are Walton, Dakich, Dick Vitale, and Clark Kellogg. Also, to other's points, Adrian Branch is pretty bad too.

As for play by play guys, I'd be curious who everyone likes. I'm a big Gus Johnson fan

Beat ASU and we finish 14-6 in conference

Oregon (11-4) has USC, UCLA, OSU left

USC (13-5) has Stanford and UCLA

UCLA (13-4) has Oregon and USC

We split with Oregon and UCLA, and swept USC.

There's a path.

UCLA loses both, Stanford beats USC, Oregon State beats Oregon, and USC beats Oregon

Buffs 14-6
USC 14-6
UCLA 13-6
Oregon 12-6

This is the last time I'm going to think about the Washington, Cal, and Utah losses. Even one of those would have been huge.

I doubt Stanford beats USC. It looks like the bottom may have fallen out of their season.

Those two are definitely great. I like Reggie Miller, Jay Bilas, Jay Williams and Chris Webber.
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

I think I have more posts about hating Reggie Miller than I do about loving Jokic in the Nuggets threads. He’s the worst.
Fair enough. I don't watch a lot of NBA, so I'm not as familiar with Reggie, but I liked the couple college games I heard him on. I also have heard him on the radio and liked him there. I'm just curious what reasons people have for hating Reggie Miller but loving Bill Walton. I was reliably informed that the color commentator should add color to the broadcast and it's perfectly fine if they go off on tangents that make no sense and don't relate to the game at all.

Fair enough. I don't watch a lot of NBA, so I'm not as familiar with Reggie, but I liked the couple college games I heard him on. I also have heard him on the radio and liked him there. I'm just curious what reasons people have for hating Reggie Miller but loving Bill Walton. I was reliably informed that the color commentator should add color to the broadcast and it's perfectly fine if they go off on tangents that make no sense and don't relate to the game at all.
He’s a cliche machine that says absolutely nothing insightful. There are countless times in a broadcast where he says one thing, when the exact opposite is true. Usually along the lines of “there is no way that is a foul on Lebron” as Lebron decapitates someone.

Back