What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Grade the 2022 Recruiting Class

What grade would you give the 2022 recruiting class?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B+

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • B

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • B-

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • C+

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • C

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • C-

Votes: 21 16.3%
  • D

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • F

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
I have not voted yet. I am snake bitten with the * factor or the "highly recruited". Seems as those guys never work out here anyways. This seems like a group of underrated players.
Qb, Wr, Lb, Db all seem solid and like the size. Definitely need more LARGE MEN for the OL.
Not sure what our offense scheme will be? but is looking to be a pro style with the recruits.

It’s a C as far as I’m concerned. Not a lot of meat on the bone. Really need a lot of help from the transfer portal and, oh yeah, we need an OC and WR coach, too.

B-

We flipped a top in state recruit from Nebraska. (Talk of them cooling on him is an inferiority complex creeping in.)

This is an excellent crop of LBs and one of the best WR classes we've had in years. McCown looks like an extremely solid QB with a great pedigree and we added some tall, athletic DBs... Not too bad, but we didn't really win any big battles. Getting Finkley and Okunlola would have bumped things up a ton. Get back on track and do better next year.
We didn't flip anyone. A newly hired coach decided to flex his authority and pulled his scholly. We snuck in at the last minute and got lucky with a kid we originally showed very little interest in.

'would like to change my grade to a B from Cplus/B- I didn;t watch the Travis Gray film at LT. The strenght of the class is the DBs. Also despite having a horrible offense last year and not having a OL coach or OC/WR coach. The Buffs did well in recruiting for the offense. Getting
Mcown QB his dad is a big fan of KD. Good looking prospect.
Venn RB elite speed
Page WR elite athlete
Tyson WR great ball skills
Sewell WR great ball skills
Travis Gray LT 6'7'' 295 pounds already. Will enroll early in January, should be at 315 pounds heading into fall camp.
Carter Edwards RT smart kid wants be an Aerospace Engineer.

Impact players for me are
Mccown QB in abour 1 ro 2 years
Venn RB
A Smith ILB
Dixon S/ILB
Kerry OLB
Wiggins CB
Mills CB
X Smith S
Oake Salive(Sp) S/QB
Travis Gray in about 2 or 3 years.
Carter Edwards in about 2 or 3 years.

When I first checked the 247 composite I was very surprised to see us at 48 and 6th in the Pac12 but looking at the average rating we're 10th in conference and somone above said 60th nationally. Now that's more like it!

Almost 20 years of terrible disappointment on and off the field, frustrating losses, bonehead decisions, and betrayal.

NSD, however, is an opportunity to get blind ass drunk on Kool aid and enjoy the day.

B

We didn't flip anyone. A newly hired coach decided to flex his authority and pulled his scholly. We snuck in at the last minute and got lucky with a kid we originally showed very little interest in.
According to Dorrell, they’ve been in contact with him since he got here

'would like to change my grade to a B from Cplus/B- I didn;t watch the Travis Gray film at LT. The strenght of the class is the DBs. Also despite having a horrible offense last year and not having a OL coach or OC/WR coach. The Buffs did well in recruiting for the offense. Getting
Mcown QB his dad is a big fan of KD. Good looking prospect.
Venn RB elite speed
Page WR elite athlete
Tyson WR great ball skills
Sewell WR great ball skills
Travis Gray LT 6'7'' 295 pounds already. Will enroll early in January, should be at 315 pounds heading into fall camp.
Carter Edwards RT smart kid wants be an Aerospace Engineer.

Impact players for me are
Mccown QB in abour 1 ro 2 years
Venn RB
A Smith ILB
Dixon S/ILB
Kerry OLB
Wiggins CB
Mills CB
X Smith S
Oake Salive(Sp) S/QB
Travis Gray in about 2 or 3 years.
Carter Edwards in about 2 or 3 years.
Holy depth, we're gonna win!!

C+ For now. I'll reserve my final grade until February. The projected media recruiting rankings showed the Buffs were 6th in the P-12 and 64th nationally.

According to Dorrell, they’ve been in contact with him since he got here
That's...interesting. Since he got where? They were in contact, just didn't show much interest. Guess we had better options in Delaware and Connecticut or whenever the hell else on the east coast we decided to dip our toe in the pool. Not lashing out out at you, just trying to figure out what the hell KD is talking about.

I went B-
I like the load-up on LBs and the WRs seem solid.

That said, we need a half dozen Arlington Hambrights and Javier Edwards-type big bodies that can supplement the beef in the trenches.

I am amazed at how thoroughly Texas A&M dominated recruiting this year. Number 1 by a long shot. They have about a dozen of the top 100 recruits and we don't have anyone in the top 400. We used to own Texas A&M. If it is possible there, it is possible here. The entire University should be upset ... but they're not.

Final tally based on Rivals avg recruit rating: 61st nationally, 10th in PAC12

Notable teams ranked ahead of CU: Missouri (17), Rutgers (23), Boston Coll (33), Indiana (47), Illinois (59)
Notable teams ranked behind CU: Houston (64), Kansas St (76), BYU (77)

The only PAC12 teams CU finished ahead of were WSU and OSU.

I went B-
I like the load-up on LBs and the WRs seem solid.

That said, we need a half dozen Arlington Hambrights and Javier Edwards-type big bodies that can supplement the beef in the trenches.

I am amazed at how thoroughly Texas A&M dominated recruiting this year. Number 1 by a long shot. They have about a dozen of the top 100 recruits and we don't have anyone in the top 400. We used to own Texas A&M. If it is possible there, it is possible here. The entire University should be upset ... but they're not.
A&M is one of the wealthiest programs in the country. CU isn’t in the same solar system by comparison. Never will be. Ever.

WHAT A FVCKING A$$HOLE. SCREW THIS DOUCHE.
Couldn’t agree more. He’s butt hurt because of the shade he’s been getting from boosters, social media, etc. It’s been posted elsewhere...his attempts to puff up his cache of hiring staffs and having friends in the coaching circles that will bring great candidates to Boulder are a joke. He’s washed up, knows it, and gets defensive at the drop of a hat. Cannot wait for the next 12 months to pass.

I give Howell some credit for persisting with what were very fair questions.

The class is an improvement from last year and could turn tout to be better than 2020. But there is still a lot of room for improvement. The OL and DL recruiting still needs a lot of work. Ideally CU should be recruiting 4 to 5 OL every year for the next 3 years. 2 OL and 1 DL is not a good output.

The class is an improvement from last year and could turn tout to be better than 2020. But there is still a lot of room for improvement. The OL and DL recruiting still needs a lot of work. Ideally CU should be recruiting 4 to 5 OL every year for the next 3 years. 2 OL and 1 DL is not a good output.
Competent, respectable recruiting in the trenches is the single biggest failure of the past 20 years. Among all the other failings, it is the primary reason why they have sucked.

The fact that they still don’t have a handle on that indicates they will continue to suck for the next 5 years, minimum.

D-
We recruited the trenches like a bunch of pansies.
Start having a listen to this at the 21:00 mark and listen to the end. That KD dude did NOT want to talk (WTH???):

One of the few things about HCKD I consoled myself with when he was hired was the belief he was a good guy. He seems entitled with a thin skin in the last 5 minutes of that interview. He knows they have serious roster holes that will keep them from competing next year.

Last edited:
Since when does he get to decide when people can / can't ask him any more questions?

Isn't that the ****ing point of a press conference?
As others have said, he looks like an embattled man. We are starting to see the HCKD who pushes cameramen. Not a good look. I feel bad for him in a way. He said in the presser, something along the lines of recruiting within the parameters set by the University. That may be the real problem. Add to it that HCKD has never really been a recruiting machine and we may be in for a long stretch of sub-mediocrity. It was kind of sad to hear him defend himself with the "great staff he assembled at UCLA". I wonder when the e-mails from former players start to surface.

As others have said, he looks like an embattled man. We are starting to see the HCKD who pushes cameramen. Not a good look. I feel bad for him in a way. He said in the presser, something along the lines of recruiting within the parameters set by the University. That may be the real problem. Add to it that HCKD has never really been a recruiting machine and we may be in for a long stretch of sub-mediocrity. It was kind of sad to hear him defend himself with the "great staff he assembled at UCLA". I wonder when the e-mails from former players start to surface.

it was fair for Tucker to acknowledge institutional limitations which affected recruiting...HCKD isn't even coming close to that, not even close

next season is going to get ugly

also, what the **** is all that talk about "these guys are my friends" we don't want your dumbass friends we want a competent OC

Back